It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ergo9 Computer and Telecomunications Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I came across this article today and it mentioned something I have never heard before.

The Ergo9 super-computer.

In the late 1940's, the government created a supercomputer, known as Ergo9. Ergo9 was used, in conjunction with various satellites, to spy on the Russians. It worked via a keyword system. From intercepted phone calls and other data transmissions, the computer sifted through communications, and any time certain keywords popped up, Ergo9 picked it up almost instantenously. For example, through the efforts of Ergo9, the United States government knew Russian missles were going to be sent to Cuba in the Mid-1950's, long before the CIA "discovered" the missles via spy-photographs.

I have done a search in google for it, but I cant seem to find anything. Well, except for this article.

Does/did this computer exist?

If so, how?

Even in the seventies, computers were at such a young stage, I kinda question the possibility that something like this could exist.

Does anyone have any info?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I came across this article today and it mentioned something I have never heard before.

The Ergo9 super-computer.

I cannot find any reference to that article there.... and considering the first satellite was not launched by the USA until 1958, and the first signal intelligence satellite was not launched until 1962, (GRAB) I do not think a 1940's computer would have been still working in the 1960's....

[edit on 29/1/10 by dereks]

join