It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thank you for the ghost pictures and this thread! One of my favorite topics is ghosts, because I have had experiences with other worldly entities.

The vacation picture, to me, looks the most "fake" due to the obvious lighting changes, so we cannot see the number of legs under the table.

But it is certainly weird!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Very eerie photos... gave me the creeps. I love them all especially the Watertown Ghosts on the water and the back seat ghost. In the last picture the fellow standing behind the old woman is pretty clear. You would think these people can recognize whether it is their deceased grandfather or not. Maybe she had an earlier more deep love and this is the other guy.

Thank you!

[edit on 28-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

However, photo tampering can't be ruled out, as techniques for editing did exist back in those periods.

Except the 99-2000 shot anyway. What interest me is that the majority such 'ghost images' appear to be taken with film. I havent seen any digital photos like those (accidental extras) to date. Does anyone have any?
I wonder if the film media is more...prone? suitable? to such apparent 'captures'?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Very eerie photos... gave me the creeps. I love them all especially the Watertown Ghosts on the water and the back seat ghost. In the last picture the fellow standing behind the old woman is pretty clear. You would think these people can recognize whether it is their deceased grandfather or not. Maybe she had an earlier more deep love and this is the other guy.Thank you!

[edit on 28-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

I did wondered about that too and thankfully the source had link to the couple's (Danielle's grandfather & grandmom) photo in black and white. Here it is

And you can compare it

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The problem with these are your basing it all on the "story" that accompanies it.

You have to go on the story that the man in the photo is dead, or there was no-one around the grave site.

Whereas the ones that are blurs or "faces in water" can either be coincidences (such as Jesus in found in beer glass), photo manipulation or just lighting issues.

What I don't understand is when did ghosts start coming back?

Why don't you see the 14 yr old chav outside Tesco's. Or black ghosts? Shouldn't there be thousands/millions of ghosts walking around. Why are they so rare?

Maybe i just don't like the idea of my Nan looking down at me on a friday night watching Babestation in my underpants drinking beer out a sippy cup.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

OMG It sure does look like him. So when you pass on you stay the same age as you were when you died? There's one for E_T MAN!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
FAQAmerica, your sig image intrigues me, whats with that? story? real/fake?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am trying to figure out how I missed this thread. When there is a ghost thread, I'm ON it. lol. Because they are my favorite.

Anyway, these are great photo's, and I think I've only seen one of them previously. They look legit to me....

Authenticating ghost pictures is almost impossible. But I think sometimes we dismiss as "fake fake fake", and many legitimate photographs are consequently passed by.

s/f

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH
Thanx for sharing S&F

... the "Vacation Party Ghost" gives me goosebumps everytime. It is as if that person soul just wants to be noticed.

hmmm...

CREEPY

Me too... that and the backseat ghost. The vacation party ghost absolute terrifies me... at first i couldn't see it and then all of a sudden there's this woman who looks like she's in the table.

Incidentally one of my relatives once showed me a picture of a town in the UK (i forget which) and they had taken a picture. When she got it developed there's a headless dog in the background.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm always sceptical of anything that purports to be the best of anything.

In this case, it might be true. These are great.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, as these are some my favs and some of the ones I believe are accurate. That is except for "Vacation Party Ghost"...
Here's my explained version of the GIF;

My opinion is that a women, not a ghost, is leaning forward over the table, with her knees far under the table. The other people's chairs may or may not be pushed further behind her(enough to let her in). The table and the people's sitting angles create a, kind of, optical illusion.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Hi thanx for your input but the source has already rules out this scenario

The photo was examined by the Royal Photographic Society, the photographic department of Leicester University, and the Society for Psychical Research, all of which ruled out a double exposure as the cause.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Have you read about the one selling gohsts in holly water to keep them sleepy?...i personally think it si funny...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I remember seeing the vacation one years ago on a tv show, very interesting! I have most of the others in books also.

Good thread!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I still have a hard time believing these "ghost" photos. The thing I have difficulty with is the fact that ghosts always have clothes and flowing robes on.

Clothing is not part of our body and I would doubt they would accompany us to the afterlife. So I would not worry too much about ghosts until you see your dead granny wandering down the hall in her birthday suit.

Ghosts and spirits are manifestations, that is why you usually see a spirit wearing something that was strongly tied to them in a good way (favorite) or a bad way (what they died/were killed in) and not what they were buried in.
This is especially the case in residual hauntings.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OokieSpookie

Wow' that's a very new information for me. Do you have any source where I can read about it more?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by OokieSpookie

Wow' that's a very new information for me. Do you have any source where I can read about it more?

I will gladly post more when I get home from work tonight

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Excellent pics!
I had a weird experience of my own. Took a pic of my parents sitting together and couldn't understand why my mother was blurred. A few days later she was dead. Probably just a coincidence but strange.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Insane Asylum Ghost?

My wife and I were poking around the grounds of Spring Grove, a nearly-abandoned mental hospital complex near Baltimore, MD yesterday. It was a beautiful sunny day: around 70 degrees, bright sun, and few clouds. Hardly what you'd call "spooky." We were taking pictures of some of the old, unoccupied buildings. When we got home and looked at the pictures, this is what we saw:

Here's an "unzoomed" view of the same picture:

What's creepy is that a number of other shots showed "orbs" and "fog", effects not apparent when we took the pictures.

Ghost? Trick of the light? I dunno, but it gave me a shiver when we first saw it.

You can read more about it and see additional pictures on our web site: WhatsInsideOurBrains.com

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
s914.photobucket.com... My entry is Elizabeth Short, the ghost of the black dahlia. I call your attention to the angles of her nose and mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join