Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A ghost is defined as a disembodied spirit or soul of a deceased person. Often described as immaterial and partly transparent, ghosts are reported to haunt particular locations or people that they were associated with in life or at time of death. Are they real? No one knows. Here are some best pictures ever taken:

The Brown Lady

This famous photo was taken in September, 1936 by Captain Provand and Indre Shira, two photographers who were assigned to photograph Raynham Hall for Country Life magazine. The ghost is thought to be that of Lady Dorothy Townshend, wife of Charles Townshend, 2nd Viscount of Raynham, residents of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England in the early 1700s.

Source
==================================================
Vacation Party Ghost

These two photos were taken in 1988 at the Hotel Vierjahreszeiten in Maurach, Austria. Several vacationers gathered for a farewell party at the hotel and decided to take a group photo.The photo was examined by the Royal Photographic Society, the photographic department of Leicester University, and the Society for Psychical Research, all of which ruled out a double exposure as the cause.

Source
Lord Combermere

This photograph of the Combermere Abbey library was taken in 1891 by Sybell Corbet.Lord Combermere was a British cavalry commander in the early 1800s, who distinguished himself in several military campaigns.Lord Combermere died in 1891, having been struck and killed by a horse-drawn carriage. At the time Sybell Corbet took the above photo, Combermere's funeral was taking place some four miles away.

Source
Freddy Jackson

This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I at the HMS Daedalus training facility. An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped.

Source
Tulip Staircase Ghost

Rev. Ralph Hardy, a retired clergyman from White Rock, British Columbia, took this now-famous photograph in 1966. He intended merely to photograph the elegant spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. Upon development, however, the photo revealed a shrouded figure climbing the stairs, seeming to hold the railing with both hands. Experts, including some from Kodak, who examined the original negative concluded that it had not been tampered with. It's been said that unexplained figures have been seen on occasion in the vicinity of the staircase, and unexplained footsteps have also been heard.

Source
The Back Seat Ghost

Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car.

Source
The Ghost of Boothill Cemetery

Clanton is an actor, recording artist and cowboy poet, and is also a cousin of the legendary Clanton Gang who clashed with the Earps and Doc Holliday at the famous gunfight at OK Corral. Clanton took this photo of his friend at Boothill Graveyard. The photo was taken in black and white because he wanted Old West-looking pictures of himself dressed in Clanton's 1880-period clothes. Clanton took the film for developing to the local Thrifty Drug Store, and when he got it back was startled at what he saw. Among the gravestones, just to the right of his friend, is the image of what appears to be a thin man in a dark hat. By height, the man appears to be either legless, kneeling... or rising up out of the ground.

Source
Ghost in the Burning Building

On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the ground. Many spectators gathered to watch the old building, built in 1905, as it was being consumed by the flames. Tony O'Rahilly, a local resident, was one of those onlookers and took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm telephoto lens from across the street. One of those photos shows what looks like a small, partially transparent girl standing in the doorway. Nether O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the girl there.

Source
Ghosts of the SS Watertown

James Courtney and Michael Meehan, crew members of the S.S. Watertown, were cleaning a cargo tank of the oil tanker as it sailed toward the Panama Canal from New York City in December of 1924. Through a freak accident, the two men were overcome by gas fumes and killed. As was the custom of the time, the sailors were buried at sea off the Mexican coast on December 4. On arrival in New Orleans, the ship's captain, Keith Tracy, reported the strange events to his employers, the Cities Service Company, who suggested he try to photograph the eerie faces. Captain Tracy purchased a camera for the continuing voyage. When the faces again appeared in the water, Captain Tracy took six photos, then locked the camera and film in the ship's safe. When the film was processed by a commercial developer in New York, five of the exposures showed nothing but sea foam. But the sixth showed the ghostly faces of the doomed seamen.

Source
Godfathers Pizza Ghost

Several unnerving instances of ghost and poltergeist activity were reported by the management, staff, and customers of the Godfather's Pizza restaurant in Ogden, Utah in 1999-2000, prompting an investigation by Utah Paranormal Exploration and Research (UPER). Phenomena included:
* The sighting of several spirits, including those of a man, a woman, and two boys
* A jukebox that played by itself, even when unplugged
* A tile floor that inexplicably bulged up as high as ten inches, then leveled itself; a later examination showed nothing out of the ordinary beneath the tile and the concrete was intact
* As many as 40 fluorescent light tubes flew out of their boxes and smashed on the floor
* Mysterious whistling was heard from the kitchen several times.
UPER's investigation found that the restaurant might have been built upon a very old pauper's field -- a cemetery for the poor. It also resulted in this photo, taken by Merry Barrentine, UPER's general manager, in 2000.

Source
Grandpas Ghost

This photo was received from Denise Russell. "The lady in the color photo is my granny," she says. "She lived on her own until age 94, when her mind started to weaken and had to be moved to an assisted living home for her own safety. At the end of the first week, there was a picnic for the residents and their families. My mother and sister attended. My sister took two pictures that day, and this is one of them. It was taken on Sunday, 8/17/97, and we think the man behind her is my grandpa who passed away on Sunday, 8/14/84.

Source

End.

Edited to fix tags.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow that last picture is freaky

Im very skeptic about ghosts.

Reason been, if i accept ghost - then what are UFO's?
Then, if i accept UFO's - what are ghosts?

I mean this as in, do other being from other planets have ghost too? Because come on, its abv there is other life out there.

But then i guess a spirit can take any form? hmmm, see why im skeptic now

S&F anyways bud

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I always love threads that are well composed such as this one. I do believe in ghosts; because consciousness is the father of all reality. It doesn't die; merely changes focus from one datastream to another.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thank you guys
. I do believe there is some truth to Ghosts or Soul or perhaps they are form of alternative reality, or mixing of parallel universe. I heard lot of Ghost related events however, never got a chance to come across one.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I can go as far as try to explain them using electromagnetic patterning and memory. Take the act of organizing energy by our body; this immediately creates a pattern complete to the finest quantum detail of our body as a purely electromagnetic mirror.

Perhaps this mirror exists in states of quantum superposition and entanglement within a much broader energy system of which we are all entangled in.

Ghosts are this pattern still existing when the physical pattern dissolves; now a semi-conscious imprint trapped in this electromagnetic reality state as a pattern that was once organzied by our living body.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I still have a hard time believing these "ghost" photos. The thing I have difficulty with is the fact that ghosts always have clothes and flowing robes on.

Clothing is not part of our body and I would doubt they would accompany us to the afterlife. So I would not worry too much about ghosts until you see your dead granny wandering down the hall in her birthday suit.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sweet pics! That last one is cool, because it's always good to know that a passed beloved is watching over you... S&F for the excellent post!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Those are some wonderful photographs! If these are indeed real, then these would be a fantastic contribution to the world of paranormal study. All I can suggest is, keep spreading the word if you do believe that these entities exist. After all, these photos can't have been photoshopped if these were the original pictures, which seemed to have been taken pretty early on.

However, photo tampering can't be ruled out, as techniques for editing did exist back in those periods.

In my opinion, "ghosts" comprise of the lost energy escaping from the bodies of the dead. Feel free to argue with this if you wish.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Thanks for these intriguing photos. Ghosts are just one more thing we will never understand - but I do believe that something lasts after the death of the body.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have given a lot of thought into what ghost's may be. I have a very close person to me whom she often, has seen apparitions of people. She actually sees people, and can describe their clothing. She says that at first, it used to really scare her, but more recently, if it happens, she just gets startled, but tries to ignore these apparitions until they go away.

She says that most of the time, these "ghosts" are wearing vintage clothing. I have asked her why she does not try to talk to them, but she says that because she does not know if it really is evil spirits or not. She also says that because they can't see her. She says most of the time they are just going about their business and ignore her completely. It just happens that they just appear out of no where.

This is interesting to me because she is a very special person. She has sisters and they all seem to have some kind of "ability" of some sort. Like an extra sensory perception, even the ability to heal, to a certain extent. She says these are gifts from God, but I am not sure what to think about this.

Anyway, about the ghosts, if these apparitions are wearing vintage clothing, and they do not see her, or pay attention to her, I have thought that maybe what is happening is that somehow, she can perceive alternate realities where these people exist. I don't know if this is the case, or not, but with all of the recent talk of alternate realities, it is probable.

I'd like to think that this may go hand in hand with the other things that I have witnessed from her. I think that sometimes she can see these other realities blend with ours, and this causes the brief apparitions. I would like this to happen to me because I would most definitely try to say something for sure. Thanks for the post December Rain.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
it could be something else, it could be some kind of parallel universe anomaly ... many scientists believe that they exists, so, maybe the cam can get some anomaly ... but who knows ... its impossible to make a real analysis

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Guess Her Muff

Nice

lol

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Thanx for sharing S&F

... the "Vacation Party Ghost" gives me goosebumps everytime. It is as if that person soul just wants to be noticed.

hmmm...

CREEPY

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Some of those are pretty freaky, especialy the faces in the water.

However some of the others seem as they could have been easily faked, the only thing making them legit is the source.

Then again, .. I guess the best pictures of ghosts would be the most uneventful, because it would just appear to be a picture of a person.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for posting those pictures, they are very interesting.

Im looking for a picture that seems to show two girls. Its taken from outside the house. I believe the picture is fairly famous, but I cant remember much about it.

(It may have been a picture of two black girls, who had unfortunatly been slaves at the house and were poisoned to death, I believe the picture shows one girl near ground level and the other one near an upstairs _)

[edit on 7-2-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I dont know how I missed this thread

Havent seen some of those pictures before. The last on is kind of freaky

S & F

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wow... This really fascinates me...! The only picture that doesn't really convince me is the "vacation party" one... Is it just me or does it really look a little 'cartoonish'?

Anyway, thanks on a great thread! Would love to take a picture like that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join