It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair on Iraq and Iran at the Chilcot Inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
At the Chilcot Inquiry into the Iraq war, Tony Blair who appeared today, defended his judgement call and hinted that Iran was next in line for a similar decision.
news.antiwar.com...
www.dawn.com...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I certainly got that vibe that his answers where very leading..

which I found rather disconcerting

I have to admit, his comments have made me stop and think and I've got to look at what he said further before commenting deeper..

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
OK from this and other things I get the impression that TB believed in what he was doing. But that together with the US, he had an agenda and manipulated (at the least) the facts to get the agenda through.
The scary thing for me though is he is clearly gunning for war with Iran. And though no longer PM, he is in a position of influence and is probably also reflecting other views. I think we should fasten our seatbelts...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
OK from this and other things I get the impression that TB believed in what he was doing. But that together with the US, he had an agenda and manipulated (at the least) the facts to get the agenda through.
The scary thing for me though is he is clearly gunning for war with Iran. And though no longer PM, he is in a position of influence and is probably also reflecting other views. I think we should fasten our seatbelts...

Hi Unicorn.. it certainly is on the polictical agenda now, rather than some conspiracy theory... Linking it with the other wars currently being waged, just seems to me to be expanding the war agenda he started...

and it feels like we have taken a dangerous step in that direction.

Perhaps he lost out on the EU president, as he is hoping if a war with Iran kicks off he will be seen as the only PM capable of taking up such a challege.

I would suspect if such a war kicks off, Blair will place himself as another Churchill, and scape goat Brown et al as Chamberlain type figures...

They are very scary thoughts indeed.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Even the press has started to pick it up... Although it is the Gaud, one of their sub headlines was
Former prime minister slammed for trying to shift focus onto threat from Tehran during appearance at Chilcot inquiry

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

He is currently at a inquiry defending himself against his actions regarding

Iraq , and the threat of Iraq being false.

And he states Iran is another Iraq.

This man is delusional, and a War Criminal.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I saw some of the footage of Blair on the news yesterday, so far as I am concerned no amount of slick lawyer talk will get him off the hook, this is not a political issue it is a criminal issue, Blair is responsible for several counts of treason during his time in office including secretly making deals with a foreign power and decieving parliament and the British public with false information,
it's no suprise though to see him pushing for yet another Zionist war I guess this will continue until people figure out who was really behind the 911 and 77 terror attacks.

www.bollyn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

As the Guad mentions, his statements appear to be warmongering to justify his previous actions.. and puts Iran clearly on the politcal map as a major issue equal to that of Iraq (regardless of it being false)

So whether contrived or not, the only safe situation for him to be in right now is for another war to break out, a war which would justfiy all the previous wars.. and a war with Iran would fit quite nicely with that agenda.

So *If* a war broke out (however it starts) he would also be first in line to say he is the only person expereinced enough to handle the situation..

I guess what I am trying to say is that all those in power that drove the previous wars are now coming under srcutiny.. and the only safe haven they have right now is if another war, this time with Iran kicks off..

top topics

join