It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Access ATS Topics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi!,

Personally, I first use 'Recent Posts' and then go to specific Boards.

From what I can see, many seem to go to specific Boards first and, as a result, there are multi postings across the boards.

A recent example is the new Russian fighter/bomber discussed under;

PAK-FA (Weapory)
Russian Draws... (Breaking News)
PAK-FA Tests... Aircraft
PAK-FA Stealth... Aircraft

And I believe there was one other thread....

Now, even if people looked at specific boards, the last two (both under 'Aircraft' have PAK-FA in their title. It would appear that many people don't bother to search first.

Apologies if I sound negative but I believe that;

a) multiple threads waste time and space of all readers and

b) don't allow those who have specific interests in a topic to have a single forum.... views and ideas are therefore, potentially diluted.

It might be an idea to suggest to newcomers that they first check the Recent Boad and then do a search?

Peace!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Unless your screen is set up different, it shows them on the right side of the recent posts screen, also the home page if I remember correctly, "I don't go there"

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Hi,

I'm fairly new but just by looking at Recent Posts I keep seeing repeats of the same topic - another was the N.L. 'Bullet - at least 4 Threads...

Still believe it dilutes communication if multiple threads are active?

But thanks for your rapid response.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

The repeats could be that every time someone makes a new post to a thread it puts that thread back to the top....kind of an alert to show activity.
I'm sure you had this figured out, I am just saying it to be safe.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you see a topic that has been posted already, hit alert on the thread. It starts a thread in a staff forum letting us know about it.

We allow two threads on the same subject if one is in Breaking news forum and one in a topical forum.

Understand also that members do come up with a new twist on a subject or a new find and start new threads about it. We allow this as well as long as it is a clear new angle.

The best remedy for double threads on the same topic is to hit the alert though. Add a link to the first thread too. It helps speed up the housekeeping.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Hi Doc,

No - if you look at Recent Posts you will often find similar topics under different Boards - as I said, Breaking News, Aircraft, Weaponry - all different threads and Boards...

Sauron or another Mod often re-redirects recent new post but often doesn't.... so 3 or 4 threads continue.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I have been wondering about how to access the alternative substances forum?
Its not on the home page or on the boards when I hit the baords button in ATS or BTS.
Why can't I locate it??

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This link:

ats firehose

and this one:

news firehose

...show recently started threads.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Go to the board page and under the section Conspiracy Theory Discussion Forums, at the bottom of the group is the Alternative Substances forum. It doesn't have any writing beside it. Just click the forum icon and you're in.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

new topics

top topics

join