It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion musings

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

And what's with the potatoes??? You Irish or something?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
Scott Roeder was convicted today in Kansas of aborting the life of Dr. Tiller, an abortionist who would not stop. It appears that Scott became what he hated.

I happen to be Pro Choice and my choice happens to be Life. I will not stop you from choosing death but I will try & convince you otherwise.

Forget the religious discourse. Forget the this Dr. says this, this Dr. says that.

On the form for Life insurance & for Health insurance besides "do you smoke" is "have you had an abortion". They don't ask if you have had a miscarriage because that is the body taking an action. They put all your answers in a table & get an answer. They can void your insurance for giving false answers.

You pay extra for insurance if you smoke or have had an abortion because those actions cause harm to the body in a calculable way. They charge a higher premium and have never been stopped by anyone for charging this higher premium. They can prove it from their tables.

Will some one please tell me why there are those people who place more importance on the unborn then they do the born? Have you lost your mind? Or are you just so pompus and pius you think the murder of a "real", thinking, breathing, human being is OK as long as it is is in line with your sick views of what is a human being. The anti-choice, and no I don't call them pro-life, they glorify themselves with such a term. don't give a # about life, those people. If they did, we would't have so many kids who need to be adopted. So Pro life bastards, step up to the plate, or shut the f*** up

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
Wow...I suppose it should be no surprise reading the callousness of people who believe abortion is okay, considering the nature of the action. However, I would expect people to at least TRY to pretend we are not talking about killing BABIES here in order to placate their conscience. People always say pro-lifers have no problem with the death penalty. On the flip side pro-choicers want to let even the worst of criminals live out the rest of their lives in comfort yet have no problem butchering an innocent life while still in their mother's womb. Which of these two groups deserves our protection?

The pro-choice crowd in my view is no different than the crowd screaming Barabbas!! as Christ was led away for crucifixion....

[edit on 29-1-2010 by americanwoman]

Christ was pro choice. He chose not to defend himself when he could have done anything, I mean, don't christians believe he was God?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
2010 and we still allow babies to be murdered

Here is your pro choice, choose not to get bloody pregnant
There is only 2 instances where I think abortion should be allowed 1: risk to the parents life and 2: rape(and it still pains me that the child should suffer).
The whole "oh its not really a baby until blah blah blah" argument just doesn't cut it with me, we were all fetuses once and look at us now!!

These holier than thou attitudes crack me up. The "god" of the bible repeatedly took innocent lives. Women, children, babies,and those in the womb. It wasn't a big deal to him! He made to apologies for it either. Until you have walked in the shoes of a woman who has made a decision to abort, you have no right to judge.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Originally posted by aero56

These holier than thou attitudes crack me up. The "god" of the bible repeatedly took innocent lives. Women, children, babies,and those in the womb. It wasn't a big deal to him! He made to apologies for it either. Until you have walked in the shoes of a woman who has made a decision to abort, you have no right to judge.

Aero56,

I think you meant to say ..that God did not do this on the public purse strings in order to secure the womens vote for one particular political party.

Is that what you meant to say??

Particulary ..that god did not kill all these "innocents " on the public purse strings.

Does that sound about right??

Also that women walking a mile in pregnant shoes...abort on the public purse strings....is that about right too...did you mean to include this concept or omit it?? While judging others??

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 24-2-2010 by orangetom1999]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Great response

My attitude is one of no abortion after six weeks, two months maximum. Anyone choosing abortion as late term as 6 months, for example, should be forced to spend five minutes studying the child they murdered

If all men used condoms or (for those unprepared to support their children) had a vasectomy, there would be far less abortions for them to protest about. Never mind men claiming contraception is the woman's responsibility --- just wear the condom or have a vasectomy and stop trying to pass the buck

Reminder for men: a few years ago a prostitute came before the court. She'd given birth to almost a dozen drug-addicted babies. Their fathers were her customers

Coinciding with that item of news was another, concerning babies and children with disabilities and other problems who were being kept in cages by the people paid to care for them

So out there are family men who go home at night and help their legitimate offspring with their homework, whilst in a cage or cowering in a filthy corner somewhere are their illegitimate children, products of three minutes in an alley with a drug-addict prostitute

Children born to prostitutes don't just conveniently die and blow away. Nor do they enjoy pleasant lives. Many drift into prostitution themselves. Almost certainly, legitimate sons unknowingly have sex with their half-sisters on occasion and very possibly more unwanted children result

Any man who's had unprotected sex with ANYone has no right to an opinion about abortion

Thank you for pointing out that unless your dealing with the immaculate conception, for a women to get pregnant, it takes two to tango. One of the two has to be a guy. For a man to be mature, he has to understand and not just give lipp service to the fact they are equal parteners in this area. You say a women must "stare" at the "child" she murdered. That sounds like the ultimate 1984 government I can think of. Being a guy I feel we have a hell of a lot of nerve telling a women what she can do when a man will never be in the same place.

I have to ask at what time does the soal enter the body. Many religious traditions say its at birth. I'm willing to be very conservative and say maby at three months. At the moment of conception I view an organisim with a few billion cells. Thats not a baby. Thats a few billion cells. We can drone on this issue forever. Lets just say I support wide spread and cheap (if not free) birth control. And yes I do think adoption is one answer. But to demand women take a pregnancy to the end? Women are not just baby making machines. They shoulden't be treated as such.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Update on this story,

After courtroom harangue, Scott Roeder gets life without parole for 50 years for killing abortion provider Dr. George Tiller

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
oops quoted wrong poster.

Originally posted by asala
Update on this story,

After courtroom harangue, Scott Roeder gets life without parole for 50 years for killing abortion provider Dr. George Tiller

Very appropriate for the crime.

Murder is a crime.

Outpatient medical procedures dont kill anyone, and when they do appropriate action is taken.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by hotbakedtater]

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join