It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three cheetahs spare tiny antelope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Three cheetahs spare tiny antelope

www.dailymail.co.uk

Hello little antelope, would you like to play with us?

Coming from three deadly cheetahs, it's the kind of invitation that's best refused - but amazingly, this impala escaped unscathed from its encounter.

Luckily for the youngster, it seems these three male cheetahs simply weren't hungry.

These extraordinary scenes followed, as the cheetahs played w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is incredible and touching! something amazing that I've never seen before! Sorry If I dont have more to comment I'll add more but at the moment I am in a hurry to get out the door.
enjoy!

Okay so now im just kind of filling up to get that 50 words I need jeeze I've tried three times now, I swear I am coming back to add more personal thoughts on this

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There was a wonderful program of a cheetah looking after a baby imparla (I think it was an imparla) some time ago... it was wonderful if sad to see their interaction knowing that the cheetah was not able to provide food for the baby and that it would die at some point, *sigh*... still... wonderful, beautiful animals :-)

Edit to add,... whoops made a big booboo their.. it was a lioness and a baby Oryx, program was still deeply touching...

news.bbc.co.uk...

hmmm.. I think I should know the difference between I lioness and a Cheetah by now... *hides face in shame*

Found a short vid on it, the program was heart of a lioness

[edit on 29/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RjKon

There is no need for further comment.

Lovely.
Thank you!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You have entirely the wrong impression about this. This was a practice run for later life when these cheetahs have to kill to eat. In this case they simply weren't hungry and like many kids "played with their dinner". This has nothing to do with mercy, kindness or any other human trait you might be trying to project onto them. Next time it will be deadly serious.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Perhaps with Cheetahs, that might be true (I don't know enough about Cheetahs to comment really) but there certainly was something else going on with the Lioness and the Oryx..

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is simply that they weren't hungry, that is all. It's better to let their prey live when they aren't hungry than to kill it and let it go to waste.

That Impala knew it was dead, they let it live, a fortunate indecent because in nature the young, the old and the weak are the targets.

In nature you hunt when your hungry, and you leave your prey alone when you don't need food.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what people say or what the cheetahs are going to do next, the pictures are still cute.

new topics

top topics

join