It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian 5th Generation Stealth Fighter PAK-FA has flown.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hasn't the US been using these since WWI?

=)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

One very nice aircraft, my people took a peek, and I want one! They surf Russian air bases, and what they told me, this babe was so very sweet...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Yes, I know that story. Do we have the same mates?

I can't tell you want that technology was because you won't believe it.

It is quite simply human technology (nothing alien). Seriously, the technology is relatively easy to build and is simply using basic physics to accomplish it.

Give me funding and I'll get you something even better than that. Yes, it is that sad the state of technology suppression.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I wasn't suggesting or even thinking it was Alien technology.

Obviously its human made etc because our soilders knew it was coming and were old to wait for 15 mins or so.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
reply to post by Jinni

I wasn't suggesting or even thinking it was Alien technology.

Obviously its human made etc because our soilders knew it was coming and were old to wait for 15 mins or so.

I know buddy.

That was for those ufologists that think these belong to 'Aliens'.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.kommersant.ru...

More photos of the Pak-Fa.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Since this is the first fifth generation fighter to be produced outside of the US (and its partners for F22/F35), it would be interesting to see the demand for it on the global defense market. With the right marketing approach Russia could profit handily from its sales. Obviously India will have their own production version developed, but I could see some Asian, Middle Eastern, and South American clients who would be willing to pay for this fighter.

What remains to be seen is how well Sukhoi meets deadlines, but so far I don't think that the presented time frame for the project (placed in service by about 2015) is unrealistic, but Sukhoi has its work cut out for it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
All i can say is there has been a LOT of weaponry being produced
the past few years and very recently a lot of weaponry being sold
and even 2 nuclear weapons being traded like Germany selling Israel
that nuclear sub..

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I always get scooped no matter what, I give up......

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Since this is the first fifth generation fighter to be produced outside of the US (and its partners for F22/F35), it would be interesting to see the demand for it on the global defense market. With the right marketing approach Russia could profit handily from its sales. Obviously India will have their own production version developed, but I could see some Asian, Middle Eastern, and South American clients who would be willing to pay for this fighter.

What remains to be seen is how well Sukhoi meets deadlines, but so far I don't think that the presented time frame for the project (placed in service by about 2015) is unrealistic, but Sukhoi has its work cut out for it.

I have seen PAk-Fa pics and Videos

I think it will be another famous fighter in aviation history, just like F-22.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Has there been much more info in the wires about Brazil and its plans for a fifth generation fighter?

There was some info on this sometime back but no successive developments and/or agreements.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have some pics to share.
Enjoy!

[edit on 30-1-2010 by flyingfish]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
More pics

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is that the picture of a first-flight prototype (as-is yellow casings et al) shooting down an operational F-22?
Artistic license eh?

All in good fun..

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

In this case, cnn put this up quite a while after the other news channels. So its not your fault.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Beautiful aircraft.

The range of 5500 km or 3400 nm is the same as the F-15. I wonder if it has thrust vectoring and if it is fly by wire. Ostensibly the Mig 29 was not because the Russian pilots preferred not being over ruled by the flight computer.

I've always liked Russian warplanes, they have always been very competitive with the best of the west while being low cost and very rugged.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
All in all, we are talking about a real and serious as well, GAME CHANGER here... For instance Norway now sees that they were right to reject the Gripen NG as their future fighter... and the other Europeans will be forced to upgrade their eurocanrds earlier than they thought... and the Americans might want to reconsider closing the Raptor's production line... and many, many of their allies will no longer be happy with export F-35s... Everything is now turned upside down...
As far as the rear and nozzles are concerned, I gotta believe that this is not the final design with the prototypical Su family TVC nozzles that will wreak of heat signatures. It will be fascinating to see how they will embed the nozzles and at the same time have 360 TVC.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Not as pretty as the -27 (hard to match that for looks), the tail end looks kind of weird.

But I'm sure it's going to be impressive in the air.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hmmm......??? How stealthy is the IR signature of this aircraft.

Some of you do know that stealth is more than being concealed from radar.....right???

See the photo of the ladder coming down the side of the fusalege from the canopy?? Are those rivets?? How about all those protrusions coming from the fusalege??

What is that bulb or protrusion extending from the front of the canopy on the right side looking foreward?? some kind of gunsight sensor?? Is that stealthy??

pilot.strizhi.info...

Stealth is the whole package..not just hidden from radar. It is electronic emissions. Infared signature...also radar cross section. All of these factors put together.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Think some Russian designer had some consonant play on the name.

PAK-FA- Powerful Airplane to Kill %&$%@*! Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join