It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Office (US)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm certain that I'm not alone in watching and loving this show. If you don't, start!

It displays awkward humor at it's finest and has the best cast of any television show out there. There are a lot of great shows and a lot of great casts. But the manner that each character fuels the laughs in this show is right up there. Alright, I'll concede and say it's not hands down "the best".. but it's in the discussion of which is the best. (I'd say Lost is the best)

I've never watched this show up until about a week ago. I was laying in bed about to fall asleep when an episode came on and I half watched it as I fell asleep. Next thing I knew I was wide awake and in splits with laughter. I had actually owned season 1 already and never watched it but upon seeing that episode, I've watched season 1 this past week. Now I've got seasons 2-5 in hand and am going to run through them.

So as much as I love this show, I've only seen a fraction of the episodes.

Share your love for this great show!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Did you ever watch the original series? (English one)

Haven't seen the US one myself, but heard it's not bad.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's pretty funny...and sometimes really hits close to home, lol...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Since I saw Ricky Gervais on Conan about 2 weeks ago, I've been in awe of his humor. I haven't watched any episodes of the UK version, but I intend to.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I enjoy it, though it wasn't until just recently I started getting into it.

I had a very tough time with Michael, since, in my experience, the character was so unbelievable. Until one day, an epiphany struck me in the head, and I realized he really did resemble a composite of all the obnoxious (though not evil... I did work for a Dwight once...) behaviors of previous bosses.

That's when I was able to embrace the show, and now I love it!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by blupblup

Since I saw Ricky Gervais on Conan about 2 weeks ago, I've been in awe of his humor. I haven't watched any episodes of the UK version, but I intend to.

Yeah you should man.... he's a funny guy.

Extras is great too, in fact i preferred it

Check them both out.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ive seen both versions, and to be totally fair, the USA version blows the British version out of the water, with a nuke.

I find that the supporting actors in the British version are leap years behind the supporting actors in the USA version. Gervais is brilliant, but, is really the only one that stands out to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm a few episodes through season 2 and the season thus far has been great.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ive really got to do that myself. Ive seen many on t.v. But never once seen them in all in the proper time lines. Thanks for the motivation, might have to do that this week!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I watch "The Office" almost every week on NBC and sometimes re-runs on other channels.

I thought it was really stupid at first, and I couldn't stand Michael. Plus, no real office could stay in business if it was run the way this one is.

Now it's one of my favorite comedies. It grows on you.

I understand there was a British version of it before the current American one. The office manager wasn't so much of a clown, I hear.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I never watch TV...Don't even have cable, but I do make it a point to watch The Office! That show never fails to have my wife and I in stitches...I've seen every episode (multiple times) and they never get old - Can't wait for the next season!

BTW - I work with an exact replica of Dwight Shrute! LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It took my fiance and I about 2-3 weeks to watch the five full seasons and what of season 6 that has aired. We watched every single episode and we laughed our asses off at every single episode.

Hands down, best episode was the "Niagra" episode of season 6. Without having heard anything or knew anything of the episode, I somehow guessed that the popular YouTube video would somehow make it's way into that episode. And when it started, I was on my side in splits. And then Kevin at the end, funniest part of the entire series.

"Man, my dogs are barking!"

I've watched it a dozen times and I still scream out loud laughing when I watch it.

This part was so funny, but I think it almost broke my fiance when we watched it. I think she almost cried. lol

Every "that's what she said" from The Office.

"It'll wreak havoc on our plumbing!"

"It squeaks when you bang it... that's what she said!"

"Best Creed Moments!"

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I DVR every episode....my comments to follow

1. Pam is beautiful...IMO of course

2. The Jim pranks on Dwight are great but his best ever is the episode where Jim imitates Dwight by wearing the same shirt, watch, hairstyle and glasses...that killed me

3. There have been moments from Michael that were SO awkward I actually could barely watch

Love this show

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yeah, I love the show. I started watching it, I think, at the beginning of season 3 or end of season 2 and have watched every episode since (minus a couple I missed).

I used to not like Dwight beacause I found him annoying. Then I started to like the character for the same reason, because he's annoying. Dwight being so annoying is what makes him a good character. We've all got a "Dwight" we have to put up with at work or someplace else.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Pam is drop dead gorgeous. Her looks and personality make her an easy 10/10!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

yeah I can't think of any argument against that

you win

Well if we want to go superficial for a quick second...scale of 1 - 10

Angela and Kelly?

Ryan? (total joke)

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well, the UK's version is available on Hulu.com now!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Angela ranges from a 6/10 to a 9/10. The attitude can work in her favor at times. And Kelly being so ditsy, not in a million years could I ever remotely given her any sort of ranking. As a character, absolutely hilarious! But that personality renders the character unrankable on my end.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The wife and I love this show. Season one and the first couple of season 2 were too painful to watch. They tried to follow the UK script too much. The show got great once they started writing for their actors better. Now it's awesome.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The US Office if brilliant, not as good as the original in my opinion but I would say that being from the UK, but it's a great stand alone series. It shouldn't be compared with our one, I see them differently.

I agree with Silent Shadow, the first two series were very forced, too artificial for my liking as they tried to duplicate the original. But since then it's been great.

I'm still a couple of series behind I think, I'll have to catch up on it soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join