It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Banking Cabal Emerges, WSJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

As Representative Marcy Kaptur told Geithner at the hearing: “A lot of people think that the president of the New York Fed works for the U.S. government. But in fact you work for the private banks that elected you.”

Commentary by David Reilly

URRGHH! Where's my guns & Jiff??

Jan. 29 (Bloomberg) -- The idea of secret banking cabals that control the country and global economy are a given among conspiracy theorists who stockpile ammo, bottled water and peanut butter. After this week’s congressional hearing into the bailout of American International Group Inc., you have to wonder if those folks are crazy after all.

We all talk about it but will the Fed. ever get audited??

We’re talking about the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, whose role as the most influential part of the federal-reserve system -- apart from the matter of AIG’s bailout -- deserves further congressional scrutiny.

Timmy G. will get scolded, Benny B. gets another 4 yr. term, & AROUND WE GO...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This guy is awesome.
D. Reilly watch out man their gonna come for you. ;-(

Now, I’m not saying Congress should be meddling in interest-rate decisions, or micro-managing bank regulation. Nor do I think we should all don tin-foil hats and start ranting about the Trilateral Commission.

Yet when unelected and unaccountable agencies pick banking winners while trying to end-run Congress, even as taxpayers are forced to lend, spend and guarantee about $8 trillion to prop up the financial system, our collective blood should boil.

Awesome job Mr. Reilly.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Think about it though.

How can you Audit the FED??

Couldn't they just cook the books and hide all kinds of stuff?

And just present totally faked documents ?

So, even if you Could audit them...I doubt it will do any good.

Might as well just get rid of them without bothering to Audit anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah, auditing them just assumes something is rotten inside, when in fact the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I want a printing press, I want a right to print money, I want to see countries grovel at my feet and see mere mortals fight over scraps and compete, kill themselves and bust their butts over the fruit of my printing machine.

Mehhh, but I not a jerk, I have morals that get in the way of my desires.

How does the Royal Canadian Mint compare?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Think about it though.

Might as well just get rid of them without bothering to Audit anything.

But they're working so hard for us.

I wish I could run my household like the Fed. does.

Here's a couple of clips from Dem/Rep Senators who voted NO!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Mehhh, but I not a jerk, I have morals that get in the way of my desires.

How does the Royal Canadian Mint compare?

Morals are lacking in DC.

Click the link below to see how your Representatives voted:

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nice! Star and flag. The problem today is that if you ask a person on the street that voted in the last presidential election, 90% would not be able to tell you who was running against Obama. 70% probably couldn't tell you who the sitting vice president is. How can we ever change anything when most of the electorate is ASLEEP?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Nice! Star and flag. The problem today is that if you ask a person on the street that voted in the last presidential election, 90% would not be able to tell you who was running against Obama. 70% probably couldn't tell you who the sitting vice president is. How can we ever change anything when most of the electorate is ASLEEP?

You got that right butcher!
like the vid from a post a couple days back w/clueless people signing a petition to end the 1st amendment:

Here's a clip of Gerald Celente on Big Ben confirm.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Lawmakers are considering legislation to remove a shield from congressional audits of monetary policy and strip the Fed of bank-supervision powers, measures that Bernanke opposes.

Dodd and Alabama’s Richard Shelby, the panel’s top Republican and a Bernanke opponent, both want to strip the Fed of bank-supervision powers.

“We should seriously consider, and we’re talking about, taking the regulatory power away from the Fed, let them concentrate on monetary policy,” Shelby told reporters yesterday. “There’s a lot of unrest in the country, and a lot of people do not believe that the Fed should have been the central intervener in too-big-to-fail” financial firms.

We'll See

I say we elect Peter Schiff as Fed. Chair.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well I think a BIG congratulations is in order for Mr. Former Dallas Fed. Res. Chair

websphere.sys-con.com...

The Webcast will be introduced by Former Dallas Federal Reserve Chairman, Retired Major General Hugh Robinson, the latest addition to the China Crescent Board of Directors effective February 1st, 2010.

China Crescent CEO Paul K. Danner:
people.forbes.com...

www.chinacrescent.com...

What a wonderful Co. name considering it's a U.S. Co.???

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
www.c-span.org...

its a bit long but Interesting

and take this into context be for you watch.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

we are in DEEP trouble if we dont march on this lot!!

Understand one thing

WE DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE ANYMORE... we NEED to WALK ON THE HOUSE WE CREATED AND THROW THEM OUT

or we will be SALVES for EVER the more time we take the more power we give them

THE POWER THEY GAIN IS OUR INEPTNESS TO CARE

[edit on 29-1-2010 by 13579]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Audit the FED?

Would you brush a lion's teeth?
Better to put the beast down and give back to Congress the right to coin money as our Constitution mandates. The Federal Reserve has been Unconstitutional from it's inception. It seems to me they own the American public a whole lotta interest.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579

its a bit long but Interesting

and take this into context be for you watch.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

we are in DEEP trouble if we dont march on this lot!!

Understand one thing

WE DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE ANYMORE... we NEED to WALK ON THE HOUSE WE CREATED AND THROW THEM OUT
or we will be SALVES for EVER the more time we take the more power we give them
THE POWER THEY GAIN IS OUR INEPTNESS TO CARE

13579, I hear ya load & clear.
I think more people are waking up daily. I will be sending my 2 Senators an e-mail with a link for GovTrack: www.govtrack.us... just to let them know we're watching. Hopefully it's not too late.
It's funny or sad that everytime I send them an e-mail about the crap they pull, I get my reply in about 2 months from them.
like they give a #.

new topics

top topics

join