It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal experience with orbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This post is based on my personal belief in life after physical death and a very personal loss that occurred just over a year ago. The base subject, in this case, is the orbs that are a regular product of digital photography.

Orbs are mostly ignored now, mainly because of their frequent appearance and because it is easy to dismiss the larger number of them as the result of things like dust particles in the air, etc. Beyond that, they present no good proof of themselves as being anything but those same, easily explained items.

But this much now being acknowledged, I do believe that, at least some percentage of the orbs in digital photography, represent something far more.

Now, before I go any further, let me offer a bit of background information that relates directly to the images I am presenting.

Shortly before Thanksgiving, 2008, my brother, age 65, died of cancer after a year-long battle. He had lived a very rewarding life, serving many years in the military, traveling across Europe and Asia before a second career in the Civil Service. He had achieved most everything one would include in the ideal American dream. He had a successful marriage of many years, a son, a very nice home, a car, a truck and following retirement, an RV that he and his wife used to travel across the country.

My brother was very devoted to his wife, and she to him. His loss hit her particularly hard.

Next, we skip to Christmas Day, 2009 and my family and I, along with an elderly mother, are visiting the home of my late brother and his widow; my sister-in-law. We arrived about 4:30 pm and will be having dinner and conversation followed by the exchanging of gifts. This was one of those family standards or rituals that was repeated every year.

Upon arrival, we would all sit in the dining room at the table and, usually with a glass of wine, chit-chat... catching up on each others life happenings. While sitting and doing this, I broke out my Samsung digital and spun around to take a few pictures of the Christmas Tree that is situated in the foyer that connects the front doorway to both the living room and the dining room.

At this point, I must also bring up a brief conversation that had taken place just seconds before I snapped the two images in question. In the kitchen, which extends to become the dining room, my sister-in-law, my wife and my nephew’s wife are debating the best way to arrange food for serving. In this case, a pot of mashed potatoes.

The general consensus is that they can be served directly from the pot but... my sister-in-law says that my brother either wouldn’t or doesn’t (I forget the exact wording) approve so; they were transferred to a serving bowl for distribution. My impression was almost like my brother had been standing there and told her that the pot service would not do.

Anyway, dinner and gifting all took place without a glitch and the following day, I downloaded my pictures onto my computer.

Here are the images, taken seconds apart, just before dinner.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a35b70bd5ea4.jpg[/atsimg]

The first picture, taken first, shows a small orb or light globe just above my late brother’s favorite lounge chair. This was his roost; his personal space in their living room which has not been altered or rearranged in any way since his passing.

The second image, taken only seconds later, shows an orb much bigger, brighter and apparently closer to my position. I have inspected both images and I am very familiar with their home and the tree, the latter of which bore no garland or tinsel decoration that would offer this degree of reflection.

In closing, I make no claims to anything factual except that, aside from reducing the size and cropping for the purpose of sharing them, the images have not been tampered with. What you choose to believe is, of course, entirely up to you.

NOTES: I apologize for the size of the image. I did not compress it, so as to avoid distortions.

-R

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hello. Thanks for sharing these pictures! They look like genuine orbs in my opinion. I firmly believe that our loved ones do come back to visit us from time to time.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Very interesting. I wont dispute that this may be the spirit or soul of you deceased relative. After all, what do i know. Its definitely food for thought.

new topics

join