It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets behind 'Logos'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
edited to maintain thread decorum.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

He's got a point. I don't know how else anyone could connect the dots in such a strange, and irrational manner, and come up with the kind of "theories" (!!!) people are spouting in this thread!

Logos are just logos. There is no reason, or benefit, to hide a message in them. It makes no sense. If they really are evil, then they won't advertise it. If they really are trying to send a message, why on earth hide it so only a few "enlightened thinkers" on ATS will see it? And concerning the military insignia, no military unit on Earth would put sensitive information on a patch! That is just ludicrous thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

That is your view and I do not agree with it. You have stated your opinion, the fact this website is for alternative discussion perhaps missed your insight. I am free to discuss whatever theories I feel like, it's upto individual member to ascertain whether there is truth behind it or not. The fact, it's unknown whether there is hidden motive/ message behind these signs/ logos or not is uncertain and we can freely explore all possibilities.

If you do not like this topic or thread you surely are not forced to do so or participate in it and can move out.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Good observations...

Logos of course is not a English word. It is Greek....actually stems from a Aramaic term.
l
The direct translation of Logos is Word...written or stated word...as opposed to the other Greek word Rheama...which means word as well but in the aha sense or eureka sense.

The common thing about your Logos that you have observed has been studied before and has evolved into Noetics.

I would dig deeper in this little study as many such as Jung, Skinner and other famous researchers have.

The reason you see commonalities in the Logos you have looked at falls into some very interesting fields of study.

I could tell that the poster on the first page...second post I believe looked into some of this.

Jungian ideas are not typically included in curriculum of most major universities' psychology departments, but are occasionally explored in humanities departments.[citation needed][dubious – discuss] Many pioneering psychological concepts were originally proposed by Jung, including the Archetype, the Collective Unconscious, the Complex, and synchronicity. A popular psychometric instrument, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), has been principally developed from Jung's theories.
en.wikipedia.org...

Also Noetics.....

The best answer to the question, what are the Noetic Sciences?, comes from "A Proposal for a Theoretical Approach to Consciousness," by Geroge Zarkadakis. Dr. Zaradakis received his Phd in Artificial Intelligence from London University at the age of 24 and has worked as a scientific researcher. He launched the science magazine "Focus" and is heavily involved in getting recent developments in science across to the lay public. He says:

"The study of consciousness has intensified of the past few years. New technological developments in measurement and computer simulation have enabled the closer investigation of one of the most mysterious phenomena in nature, namely, the subjective experience of human awareness...

Consciousness may be a fundamental property of nature."
hubpages.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I must be hard-headed or something, but the familiar logos didn't scare me as a kid (b. 1961), nor do they scare me know. I thought when I was younger that the animated things were awesome creation, not hypnotic tactics.

Maybe I'm wrong...I've been told by hypnotists that I cannot be hypnotized. Oh well...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You are of course free to discuss what you want - I never said anything to the contrary. You are not, however, free to be shielded from any criticism of any illogical standpoints present in any of your discussions. If you want to do that, start your own blog, and moderate the comments into oblivion.

If it's unknown that these logos mean anything (in the face of logic dictating they don't), as you say it is, to speculate that they do mean something secretive, is intrinsically irrational. There are no two ways about that. I wish it wasn't so, but I didn't make the claim.

I do love this topic. I love denying ignorance, and whenever I see it, I jump right in and start denying away. As this is what this whole site is about, I find it strange I'm being attacked for doing just that! Maybe the problem isn't with me, or this site, but your ideas?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I am not at all against criticism on the topic but against 'personal attacks', which I felt somehow you tried to do under the guise of skepticism. That's why I did not said anything before because your opinion was on topic not on person..without criticism no topic could survive, I believe in it. Any criticism gives more challenge to the topic. But attacking person is altogether a different thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm not attacking anyone, just methods by which people attempt to ascertain the "truth". If, for example, someone uses an elastic ruler to measure the distance between two points on a diagram, I wouldn't hesitate in pointing out to them the fallacy that is trying to measure using an instrument whose ability to measure can never be guaranteed. That is the case here, only in slightly less-visible terms. When we don't use the rigid framework of critical thought to come to conclusions, we can never ever be sure our conclusions are correct, rendering the whole process pointless, even possibly harmful. Sure, we have to discount some of the more fun explanations immediately (due to their highly-conjectural basis), which might cause the entire discourse to be more dull, but we can rest assured that the discourse is capable of determining, with a high degree of certainty, that which is possible, and that which is likely. In fact, to do so any other way is to guarantee we never will be able to, even if we can talk about fantastic and interesting things along the way.

I apologise profusely if you think I was attacking you - I know my demeanour can be rather abrasive at times. I have your best interests at heart, as I can't stand the idea of people fixating on something that has no logical reason to be fixated upon. I really am here to deny ignorance, not to deny a fun discussion, and definitely not to deny any particular discussion at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Only one thing to say...

Hail Satan, Supreme Lord of Darkness and Chaos!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
The fact that the U.S. was created by and directed by an order of Continental Free Masonry is historic truth
Actually, it's not. Yes, there were Masons involved, no denying that. But it was not directed by an order of Continental Free Masonry, and your link does nothing to say that it was.

That's why the street layout of the center for Government for the U.S. was designed by a Masonic Architect from France
There is no evidence that Pierre L'Enfant was ever a Freemason.

see here

- that's why there's a blatant INVERTED pentagon dead center of Washington D.C. with our center of Military power protected at it's center (the "Pentagon"), and the Seat of the Presidency rooted at the Star's southernmost tip, Iconic, or symbolic rather, of the point of "Satanic" power.
You see "Satanic" power? Funny. I see quite the opposite...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1cd6502d9d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Explanation: LOOK CLOSER! Yep...Through the looking glass and twisted it LOOKS like THIS!.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/277712726049.jpg[/atsimg]

Personal Disclosure: :shk:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Posters above me, can't say much but it is a sick world we live in.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by Tyler 720

I agree with you on Twenty Dollar Bill. Was it just a coincidence that lil' folding of the bill shows Twin Tower burning? Really don't know...

Well what do you think? So whoever perpetrated 9/11 cunningly devised an origami type puzzle to what, take the piss? Come on now...

On the British five pound note, you can fold it so that the queen turns into John McEnroe. Is that a forewarned conspiracy? No, its just one of life's funny coincidences.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Explanation: To quote Winston Churchill .... Once is just Happenstance! Twice is Coincidence! The Third time is enemy action [or a discernable pattern emerges!] !!!

Personal Disclosure: So all we need is a third financial note with hidden precognitive logo's/symbols, which of course all contain their own inherent logos/metasymbology [note: No ' in that 2nd semantic use of "logos" OK
], and then us ATS members will really be in business as there will be the minimum level evidence that matches the minimum burden of proof requirements of a REAL NWO FINANCIAL Conspiracy in full flagrant view of any and all who care to take notice.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: To quote Winston Churchill .... Once is just Happenstance! Twice is Coincidence! The Third time is enemy action [or a discernable pattern emerges!] !!!

Personal Disclosure: So all we need is a third financial note with hidden precognitive logo's/symbols, which of course all contain their own inherent logos/metasymbology [note: No ' in that 2nd semantic use of "logos" OK
], and then us ATS members will really be in business as there will be the minimum level evidence that matches the minimum burden of proof requirements of a REAL NWO FINANCIAL Conspiracy in full flagrant view of any and all who care to take notice.

Sorry, but I didn't understand a single thing you said then. lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

He's having a laugh at the number of people on here convinced beyond all doubt that these logos contain hidden messages.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

having a laugh at the number of people on here convinced
beyond all doubt that these logos contain hidden messages.

...which is a bit amazing to me, since it seems completely obvious that they do. Do people really think company logos are random bits of lines and shapes, or that marketing executives pick elements out of a hat to decide what goes on their logo? Of course not.

Most organizations will flat out tell you what their logo means. Here's the explanation for the canon logo. Here's what BMW has to say about the origin of theirs. What about Porsche? Does anyone really believe it's a coincidence that they have a picture of a horse and the word "Stuttgart" in the logo...and that Porsche corporate headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany...which happens to have a history of horse breeding?

No. Of course these things are intentional. They may or may not be scary and sinister...but they're definitely intentional.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Actually we can see all three hidden message in 1 single financial note

So it could be that the message was intentionally put there or maybe just a co-incidence. Both options are there.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Of course its just a coincidence. These notes were first made years before 9/11. Stop being so ridiculous to believe they would contain hidden messages in the notes if you happen to fold them a certain way.

Did you see my earlier post about John McEnroe and the 5 pound note?
Is that a conspiracy?

If you believe that bank notes have messages when folded, especially concerning 9/11, then you are delusional and paranoid. And need to lay off ATS for a bit.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Originally posted by SassyCat
The only logo in OP I believe has any conspiracy is the alfa romeo one, well somewhat at least. Also, the ones with watchful eyes, pentagrams, dragons, gargoyles, standing horses etc. have been common for a long time - I agree there's nothing good about that fact.

To me the Alfa Romeo logo is exactly the opposite - it's absolutely impossible to be part of some conspiracy. Same goes for gargoyles, horses, lions .. The reason I feel that way is because a lot of European cities have a long history, and a culture that has no problem embracing a bit of scary folklore. For instance, Ljubljana in Slovenia has a gargoyle on top of a castle in it's coat of arms:
images.civicheraldry.com...

The creature is also called 'the Ljubljana dragon' and 'symbolises power, courage and greatness' (see en.wikipedia.org...). The interesting thing about this 'mysterious' symbol and others like it is that it's been around for more than a millennium; the exact origins are a point of debate, but to the people of Ljubljana, the origin of the symbol may not be as relevant as the symbol itself. It has become their symbol. You can even find several Gargoyle 'statues' in Ljubljana! Though a tad scary at dark, they won't bite.

To get back to Alfa Romeo; of course Ljubljana is not the only city to incorporate folklore in their coat of arms - Milan is another example (although there are many more). Straight from the OP's own source:

The biscione appears also in the coats of arms of the House of Sforza, the city of Milan, the historical Duchy of Milan and Insubria.

Obviously it wasn't Alfa Romeo that first dragged the biscione to the eye of the public beholder. To the people of Milan, the child-eating serpent (just like Ljubljanas 'dragon') bears meaning only because it is their symbol, their folklore; it has absolutely nothing to do with children actually being eaten by serpents somewhere in Milan (although that may have been its origin). Incorporating the serpent in the Alfa Romeo logo is just a way to honor the city.

Of course a lot has changed in the past centuries, and nowadays there are but few people actually interested in folklore. The 'beasts' of those stories are less and less common; new cities of course design more contemporary coats of arms. As I said, I cannot see how a conspiracy would tie into these city symbols, but I hope a little bit of my appreciation for this 'old stuff' makes sense to you..

[edit on 7-3-2010 by scraze]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join