It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Democrats Succeed In Pushing New Debt Ceiling To $14.3 Trillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

It's Official: Democrats Succeed In Pushing New Debt Ceiling To $14.3 Trillion

A mere three hours before the Bernanke cloture vote, America just got permission to hit 100% Debt/GDP. Thank Senate Democrats who just approved an amendment increasing the US debt ceiling by $1.9 trillion. The 60/40 vote was across party lines and only successful because Republican Sen.-elect Scott Brown has yet to be seated.

Read the full article here
Also it has been posted on ZeroHedge.com
As well as (yes I hate to say it) FOX News

I will come back to add more of my comments but for now all I have to say about this is "Damn!"

Sorry for lack of comments, I've just posted a lot of breaking news and I'm trying to focus on everything at the moment. Comments are needed here people I will respond ASAP.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Damn, hey can anyone else see the top of the hole the democrooks have put us in? I can't even see daylight from down here.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If only the republicans hadn't given tax cuts to the rich and started wars we would not be in this mess.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I'm not rich, but I've got no problem with the rich getting the tax cut. They spend more then we do, thus putting more money into the economy; buying cars, boats, houses, ect. It takes people to build those things so your putting people to work. Increase the taxes people are going to not spend as much an that'll put other people out of work.
As far as the wars? I don't see obama following up on his promise of bring our troops home, do you?
obama's not-so-stimulus-stimulus package did nothing and yet the spending is still going like crazy and unemployment is still over 10%

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ahahahaha

Dems had complete control of govt (and still basically do) and do they fix things? Oh hell no all they do is complain about Republicans still. They are still victims when in complete control. What a joke.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why even have borrowing limits?

It's like limiting myself to one slice of pizza.

I don't think they even care anymore, they ask for, and get more pizza, it's delicious, it's a pizza party.
We'll starve tomorrow,... HEY, PIZZA!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I just feel bad for the poor guy that gets elected after obama. How could you even begin to clean up after this mess.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
I just feel bad for the poor guy that gets elected after obama. How could you even begin to clean up after this mess.

Yeah, ...

Kind of like trying to clean up the "mess" after Bush Jr. left office.

This whole "mess" didn't start just a year ago!

There is no "quick fix" for this "mess" and and I don't think we will see things improving for quite a while yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by earthdude

I'm not rich, but I've got no problem with the rich getting the tax cut. They spend more then we do, thus putting more money into the economy; buying cars, boats, houses, ect.

Are you serious? The rich should NOT get tax cuts because their extra money should go to other things than buying cars, boats, and houses. Why not to poverty, education, healthcare?! The rich wont miss an extra $5000 from their paychecks a week (if they're multi-millionaires or billionaires. You may say well thats not fair to take from them... But seriously they don't donate enough, I swear on my life once I get the money I know I will get in this life (if I don't I don't care though I live life for what its worth to me not for cash) I will donate and help my family as well. If they want to help society get better then f'ing take some cash and invest into someone who can't pay for college. Let them make money from their future job and pay you back with interest later, or just GIVE IT AWAY like a good person! These people may work hard (a lot don't do $hit though if you really look into it, plus I have seen it first hand) but they can afford to give. Help their families, friends out whatever but then GIVE to people who reallllllyyyyy need it so common!

If there is even a next president... either A) dictatorship B) another person the elite bring in to ruin things even more by pretending things are okay and will get better C) war, world is crazy

That's my thoughts

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Support the war?

THEN YOU SUPPORT THE DEFICIT.

Don't like it?

TOO BAD.

I am sick and tired of the hypocrisy. We can't do it all. Instead, let's wage wars...spend trillions...employ mercenaries...but then BITCH AND CRY whenever anyone wants to spend tax money TO ACTUALLY HELP PEOPLE AT HOME.

People are defending corporations...THE SAME corporations that are RECEIVING TAXPAYER MONEY THROUGH GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS.

Want the deficit to end? Then demand that your politicians end the war...and GASP>....RAISE TARIFFS ON IMPORTS>>>>HOLY HELL!!! TAX SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES AMERICAN CITIZENS?!?!? THAT"S INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Amen to that.
Second line,,,

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Okey, who says the "rich" don't donate to charities? Were talking a double edge sword here. The rich that are donating if taxed more will cut down on the donations they give.
As for your last quote? (shaking head) I've been wondering the same thing myself for sometime now. I am so not liking the direction were heading.

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Are you serious? The rich should NOT get tax cuts because their extra money should go to other things than buying cars, boats, and houses. Why not to poverty, education, healthcare?! The rich wont miss an extra $5000 from their paychecks a week (if they're multi-millionaires or billionaires. You may say well thats not fair to take from them... But seriously they don't donate enough, I swear on my life once I get the money I know I will get in this life (if I don't I don't care though I live life for what its worth to me not for cash) I will donate and help my family as well. If they want to help society get better then f'ing take some cash and invest into someone who can't pay for college. Let them make money from their future job and pay you back with interest later, or just GIVE IT AWAY like a good person! These people may work hard (a lot don't do $hit though if you really look into it, plus I have seen it first hand) but they can afford to give. Help their families, friends out whatever but then GIVE to people who reallllllyyyyy need it so common!

If there is even a next president... either A) dictatorship B) another person the elite bring in to ruin things even more by pretending things are okay and will get better C) war, world is crazy

That's my thoughts

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I know it sounds bad to raise the limit, but I have to really question whether we really had any other viable option?

top topics

join