It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Chris Mathews (Racist statement), "I forgot Obama was black for an hour"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Honestly, I think this is a tempest in a teapot.

Had Beck done this, S would have HTF!

Mathews was trying to seem so "cosmopolitan" for his Uber-lib crowd. "Oh, look at me! I'm wonderful and colorblind! I forgot that this mad man was black for a whole hour!"

What a load.

I have friends across the racial spectrum. Do I forget they arent white? No. Do I care? No. They bring a different pitch to things that I may not be aware of. I've never forgotten that they were more or less than what they were in any conversation. I'd just as well forget they had a head!

Racial sensitivity is entirely overated. I walk on eggshells around no one.

If I want to talk about slavery around a black person, why not? My family didnt own any.
I've discussed illegal immigration with mexican friends. Some of us agreed, some of us disagreed. No huge uproar. I have doubts to some of their loyalties but that's a bridge to cross later.

I digress from chris mathews.

In short, a weasel that works for the machine, does what the machine tells him to do, appeases the machine to get his check.

i wont say anymore. if i go to carolina I may end up paying a subversive tax!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i not sure where to go by this to me the w.a.s.p. white as he is

im thinkingto look in a different view that he trying to say

as we live in a generation in the United States that race just does not matter in politics its the mind that matters and majority completely forgot that hes is black as we are supose to do

it kind of funny a black woman was refuse to sing at the Constitution hall for president Franklin Roosevelt first lady Elenore in 1939 !!!! just because she was black and 70 years later to the day a black president comes in the presidential seat

In nineteen thirty-nine, an American singer, Marian Anderson, planned a performance at Constitution Hall in Washington. But a conservative women's group refused to permit her to sing there because she was black.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't really see the racism in that statement. If we keep raising the bar for what is considered racism, it will go on forever. Sure its easy to judge a person simply by observations of them being different, I think its normal human nature honestly. But the difference now is we live in a blended society where we have no choice but to get to know people of all kinds and find out that in general people regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation are no different. We just need to hope that one day this acceptance we have for those we work with, school with, see at the grocery store spreads to the entire world. I really think its the lack of segregation that has gotten us this far.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You see, Benevolent, the concept of duality is going to go out the window with the paradigm shift. Focusing on someone's race is a prime example of dualistic thinking. It's a me/him, us/they, mentality.

I couldn't agree more, and that's why I've offered my own way of dealing with obama's duality - his duality of being 50% black and 50% white.

You know, that fact alone should have been enough to cancel out the racial thing for most people, but it hasn't. Instead, we have libs constantly throwing out the race card whenever obama gets criticized for his policies and actions, not his race.

So, I am not a racist and do not want to be labeled as such. But I also do not like where obama (and pelosi and reid) are taking this country.

Therefore, I have previously posted that all my criticisms of obama are directed solely towards his while half.

Chris Matthews, why didn't you think of this?

[edit on 2/15/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Honestly, I think this is a tempest in a teapot.

Had Beck done this, S would have HTF!

Mathews was trying to seem so "cosmopolitan" for his Uber-lib crowd. "Oh, look at me! I'm wonderful and colorblind! I forgot that this mad man was black for a whole hour!"

What a load.

I have friends across the racial spectrum. Do I forget they arent white? No. Do I care? No. They bring a different pitch to things that I may not be aware of. I've never forgotten that they were more or less than what they were in any conversation. I'd just as well forget they had a head!

Racial sensitivity is entirely overated. I walk on eggshells around no one.

If I want to talk about slavery around a black person, why not? My family didnt own any.
I've discussed illegal immigration with mexican friends. Some of us agreed, some of us disagreed. No huge uproar. I have doubts to some of their loyalties but that's a bridge to cross later.

I digress from chris mathews.

In short, a weasel that works for the machine, does what the machine tells him to do, appeases the machine to get his check.

i wont say anymore. if i go to carolina I may end up paying a subversive tax!

That's what I thought as well. I'm glad someone else picked up on this.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

I don't think it was overtly racist, but, I do think it was absolutely ignorant. As I said before, I don't think Mathews is donning the KKK outfit at night, but, it was a comment that did not need to be made.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sweeping it under the rug, being secretive about it, walking on eggshells about race is a PROBLEM.

Why is it a "problem?" You see, Benevolent, the concept of duality is going to go out the window with the paradigm shift. Focusing on someone's race is a prime example of dualistic thinking. It's a me/him, us/they, mentality.

I tell you truly, take it for what it is worth, those who cannot conform to a wholistic form of thought are going to be left behind. It's not going to be far down the road either.

Agreed. And the fact that he pointed out that "He forgot Obama was black for an hour," shows that he forgot nothing at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beancounter72

I agree with you. But, the point is...Chris Mathews didn't actually forget. He reminded himself in front of the world with the statement that he made.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

the stereotypical image of a "black person" is what he's referring to.

Its the same image that MILLIONS of black people accept and are proud of.

To every single black friend i have and know in real life (this is from them, mind you)

THIS is being black

THIS is being an uncle-tom sellout white-wanna-be

Now, im not saying EVERY black person feels this way, but given the popularity of networks like BET, the hugely successful rap and hip-hop industry, and things of the sort, i'd say its a safe bet to say that a majority accept it and adopt it.

So is it racist to say that this guy seems to be a hell of a lot more sophisticated than this guy ?

I say - no - its not. But to those who say "yes, it is" can you tell me why?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Racism - its existence or lack of it doesnt amuse me at all.

The mass media will always like to talk about it - because it is part of the agenda - to continue to spread division, so people can never be left to forget that people are black or white or whatever.

The globalist scum dont ever want people to forget the racial, religious or political divisions - they conciously promote those divisions. By use of language they make it impossible to discuss, and impossible to overlook - which leads to a strangled silence - and inequity and imbalance in society.

THis is normal disinfo and racial stirring by the media. Its rubbish and not noteworthy in any way.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by triplescorpio

I couldn't agree with you more. To let something like that slip out of one's mouth on national television is pretty irresponsible.

He didnt let it slip out, he said it on purpose. Prob is that it was the kind of statment that is aimed at a segment of his listning audience and is interpreted by the rest according to thier tendencies. He is actually taking a shot at people that are hung up on race but in order to do that he has to get on that wavelength for a second and so to the kneejerk he looks bad.

That comment about him being older only shows that the younger can hear but dont understand. Obama knows this. If you were to make that comment to his face he would understand what you were saying and smile. Its sort of an inside joke.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by Smurfwicked

I don't think it was overtly racist, but, I do think it was absolutely ignorant.

Sometimes one has to speak ignorantly to communicate with the ignorant.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

The globalist scum dont ever want people to forget the racial, religious or political divisions - they conciously promote those divisions.

Which is somewhat mind boggling, in and of itself. One would think that if it really was a globalsociety that they wanted, they would want everyone to forget about race and such. However, as you point out, the opposite seems to be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join