It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning space spam could annoy aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

EXPERTS warn that competing radio transmissions could be confusing to aliens and little more than space spam. Few protested in 2008 when NASA beamed The Beatles song Across the Universe into deep space as a cosmic message of peace However the mix of other messages - which include images of genitals and appeals for money - may even be deemed as a threat by aliens. European Space Agency (ESA) astrophysicist Malcolm Fridlund advised caution about drawing attention to ourselves. "I'm not lying awake at night worrying about the overlords of the galaxy or anything like that," he said, "but when you don't know of anything that's out there, you should maybe be a little careful, you should know something about the (star) system first."

I laughed at this at first!

Then thought about all the other stuff going on with aliens and stuff at the moment, especially the disclosure thread here, and all the news that is out at the moment.

Then I really thought about it?

How much crap have we sent out there?
Was that asteroid they blew up in space a few years ago not such a good thing?

Its all just getting weirder

But I had to laugh at:

"Please send money. Any kind of money. Universal money is OK. Alien currency OK. Meteorites are good. Gold, Moon rocks, space junk also good. Send to: Maura, Planet Earth."

I'm thinking they have found something and it isn't good.

Wasn't one of the first 'messages' all about us and our planet?

So this means whatever is out there will be coming prepared.....

'Please assume the position, head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye!'

Must be the Vogons!

[edit on 29/1/2010 by MissMegs]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
When a baby cries do you go into the room with a hammer?

No, you ignore it unless it truly needs help, and you can tell.

I doubt ET have skipped the infamous stage were in, (If were not the first intelligence life form) they should know what stage we're going through, and I doubt their so annoyed, we're going to get gunned down.

I feel like these guys have been watching too much Jimmy Neutron to be honest.......

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
it would annoy me: some human pop band ,popular because they are projected to be, to humans; would think, even if i could decipher their encrypted programming, that i would want any of their greatest offerings.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
all your bases are belong to us.

line for teh seconds.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
too much tv can brainwash you.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
epic win.
that totally reminds me of this artical cracked did a year ago.
www.cracked.com...

personally, theres a small part of me that hopes the dorito advert will be first contact XD gotta give the aliens the right message about how we love crisps and dip.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In my opinion if aliens have came to earth or they are watching us they
are more advance than us and probably got to the stage of knowing war
against your own kind is pathetic and look at us as idiots killing one another
and they would most probably be waiting for us humans to kill our self
to save them the hassle.

- To Many Lies -

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i've got it.
we can send sanford wallace into space.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
it would annoy me: some human pop band ,popular because they are projected to be, to humans; would think, even if i could decipher their encrypted programming, that i would want any of their greatest offerings.

I don't know, I'd rather get a whole plethora of random radio transmissions than have to suffer poor punctuation!
Only jesting chap

The guy has a point though. For years, we have been beaming out vast amounts of deliberate or accidental radio messages into the depths of space. Who's to say who, or what, is listening?

They may be awfully nice and benign space Gentlemen, or they could be slobbery, tentacled man eaters looking for their next meal. Either way, you certainly don't go broadcasting your address and, possibly, how yummy you are without knowing who might be listening.

[edit on 29/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Today was good with the normal wierdness and personal victories as well as defeats, but...no martians. Dad gummit!! Remember those yippies on top of the building in "Independance Day". Are you one of those mooleys, or are you a "God" fearing, patriotic all go no quit American, "BY GOD"!!!! Anyway, that was fun.

Seriously though y'all if any unidentified aircraft settles over my house either Im leaving or it is. And dont think for a second that if Im the one leaving Ill go quiet. A human threat, is one thing. All things are forgiveable to our fellow man weather we want to admit it or not, but a spaceroach? Sorry, not gonna fly.

I think we should build a fuselage around the earth and make a vapor trail. We could take the whole planet all over the universe. Like a big RV.

You know how ATS found me? I was watching one of the new Batman movies that had "The league of Shadows" in it. So I Googled it. I then followed a link to a thread here on ATS where some poster claimed that there was indeed a league of shadows and that he was a part of it. That was pretty funny. But I figured that this might just be a goofy enough site to explore.

Anyway back to Martians. My father, who happens to be a veteran of the war in Southeast Asia(Viet Nam) claims to have had a close encounter of the third kind, said him and mom were at thier house on the Meremac and some spinning lights settled behind a hill in the back field. I dont know if it was the same night or not but they both claim that the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen started opening and closing on thier own. I believe I even remember them saying something about the refrigerator door as well. I was very young at the time.

Does anyone here remember the old Sylvania light bulb commercials? When I was really young I would dream that the Sylvania light bulb creature was after me, and he would chase me out in the yard and I would turn at the last minute and force him into a hole in the ground.
Those commercials were creepy.

I personally have seen UFOs on many occasions. But I have to admit I was heavily medicated at the time much as I am now. Actually I think I saw a replicant in the Wally world tonite, It took the shape of a jerk I went to high-school with. I think I could probably take him now though. I mean this replicant was top of the line, even had a couple little kid replicants with him..Maybe the martians are trying to teach us about forgiveness by making us feel like dummies. I know I felt like a dummie when I thought the robot in Wal-Mart was actually human.

top topics

join