It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cécile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
"Pass that car!" I commanded my father.

We were driving fast in an old Alfa Spider. The roads outside Paris were narrow and twisted but other cars were scarce. My mother was scared to death. She kept mumbling something about responsibility. I paid no attention. I was content in letting the wind rush through every fiber of my hair. I was very happy, I was nine years old.

The countryside kept getting more beautiful as we got further from Paris.

"Slow down" said my mother, this time with resignation in her voice.
"Where are we going?" I asked, "we left an hour ago."
I was informed we were going to a friend's house for lunch.

The downshifting of the gears was smooth as we pulled into the driveway. It was rather a boulevard more than a driveway, and the house was more like like a castle than a house, or at least it seemed that way back then. We weren't used to luxury.

The ceremonial salutes with our hosts took place and we were accompanied inside the house. I sat on the biggest chair in the world and started sipping on my orangina. I must have almost dropped it when she came in.

I loved her. From the first moment my eyes saw her I must have loved her. A feeling of panic took over me. I had never felt that way before. I was one of those boys who hated girls and teased them cruelly during school breaks. But this time was different. From the first moment we saw each other, we loved each other.

We spent the whole afternoon playing games. I kept telling her I loved her and she did the same. We would lock ourselves in different rooms and laugh. I don't think I've ever laughed so much or so freely in my life. We played almost naked in the garden spraying water at each other and our lips met over and over.

When we left that evening I was not sad. I was happy. Happy to have met her, happy to be alive, and most of all I was happy to love and to be loved more than anything in the world. You see, there was nothing to stop us, there were no responsibilities, no doubts, no cynicism, most of all no fear, no thing but our pure hearts, touched for the first time in the most beautiful way. Little did I know at that moment of absolute and perfect happiness that I would never feel that way again. Everything changes when you grow up. Since that day I have loved, and I have been loved, but it isn't the same. It can't, some things can only happen once.

"Please overtake that car" I begged my father.
My mother shook her head in despair.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thank you for taking me back down that old road. Reading your story brought back memories of my own.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

That is very kind of you to say ... thank you.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think you should continue the story. How did things work out over time? Did you two meet again in later years? Did you correspond?

Nicely written, sdog.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Little did I know at that moment of absolute and perfect happiness that I would never feel that way again. Everything changes when you grow up. Since that day I have loved, and I have been loved, but it isn't the same. It can't, some things can only happen once.

it's difficult to describe those very first feelings just the right way

so this is the part that makes the rest of the story ring - and also ring true :-)

it's true - some things can only happen once

I can understand Masqua wanting more :-)

but - it has to end here I think

P.S. I like the part about the Orangina. Nice touch

:-)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

but - it has to end here I think

It does ... it did ...

It's what's kept it perfect.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I thought I'd give this girl a little Valentines Day bump ... on account of today being about schmaltzy feelingz and junk.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is just amazing I love it. You set the scene in a way I've never read before thanks for posting it made me feel happy inside in a less than optimistic time.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

new topics

top topics

join