It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How UFOs CAN be faked- Or, How to have one's work stolen....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I just read this at Blendernation's news area:

John Merrill reports to us that about two weeks ago “I was made aware that a video from my Blender portfolio has been mistaken for evidence of the paranormal. The video in question depicts a UFO sighting followed by an appearance of the cryptozoological monster El Chupacabras. Apparently someone found this video on my youtube page and sent it to journalist and ufologist Jaime Maussan claiming it was filmed outside of London, England in late 2007. Maussan has been airing this video on his own television show, and on others, as well as screening it at private lectures for several months.”

All about the stolen UFO work...
I'm pretty much speechless- How can someone steal someone's work and do something like this, unless the person is trying to discredit UFOology AND 3d artists/ animators?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Yes, I remember that video, there's also a thread about it:
Footage of a Ufo in the air and a creature on the ground.

There's nothing lamer than the attention seekers who want to hoax at every cost but are even unable to fabricate an hoax by themselves, so they steal some CGI artist's work.
It's becoming some common bad habit: for example, see what happened here just because this youtube wannabe superstar had to show his world class in "analyzing" videos, despite the REAL author of the video stated clearly since the start that it was a fictional CGI work.

Also some artists like TheFakingHoaxer are used to watermark their works, not just because of some possible copyright issue, but because they're aware that it's plenty of retarded out there who are used to steal their works just to get some attention: well, believe it or not, this dude has even covered the TFH (TheFakingHoaxer) watermark with some NASA logo: here's the original CGI by TFH (see the comments).

... and the fake one

This has been discussed here,
and another example can be found here.

Regarding the "chupacabra" video, I have to say that i think that J. Maussan (in THIS case) has been lied to: I mean (as also reported in the article), I don't think that it was a deliberate hoax from him: I say this just because he was aware that he had ZERO chances to get away with it: of course I don't know how things happened, but i guess that the article is accurate enough.
Thanks for sharing

[edit on 29/1/2010 by internos]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Im liking what you have come up with so far.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Very informative Internos! Starred your post.

Hoaxing seems like too much work when apparently all you have to do to get some of the best UFO proof ever is snip off the last 2 minutes of an ordinary, non-hoaxed video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This video however is one of few that seem to prove that UFO`s are reall and cant be mistaken.

Some people were just as mad at the person for snipping off 2 minutes of that video as people are over CGI being stolen and put forth as a hoax.

Instead of getting mad, I think we should be a little introspective about why we are so eager to believe it's real.

The sad truth is that many of us are so jaded by hoaxes now that if the real deal comes along, it may be like the story of the boy who cried wolf, we won't believe a genuine UFO video is real after being burned by hoaxes so many times. And CGI is getting better and better where it's increasingly harder to tell if the work is done by a talented artist.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Jaime Maussan is part of the(OUR) problem with his continual Disinformation, to me he has Lost All Trust etc..... I don't bother to watch anything from him now I'm tied of his Crap.

Zelong.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I'm not surprised. This is how the internet works. One person posts a video and no matter how obscure it will find its way all over the world in different formats sometimes with multiple people taking credit for it. And this happens with copyrighted works and big studio movies, I imagine its even worse for the people who post something without officially registering it with the copyright office. Intellectual property doesn't exist online, anything you say or post can and will be repeated, recycled, quoted and stolen.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'd send the guy a rather huge bill for using the copyrighted materials. If it were to continue then advance to a lawsuit.

new topics

top topics

join