It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider trading? Warren Buffet & Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Allocation of funds

Something seemed strange yesterday with the State of Union address...

Amongst others, they bailed out General Motors, who have always built ~5Litre V8's to feed Americans insatiable appetite for cars that are over-sized and guzzle enough gas to fuel a small nation; GM haven't turned a profit since 2004! GM received $50 billion of tax-payers money in the bail-outs.

So the support for the motor industry nigh on a few months ago was very high. From the SOTU address, Obama now declared this:

Obama’s announcement today of $8 billion in high-speed and intercity rail grants will help rebalance the country’s transportation system while putting people back to work

Sour ce

Cynical synopsis

My instant gut instinct, was that their insidious plan is playing out. Devalue society by pillaging the treasury coffers with one hand for bailouts, then with the other hand offer feudalistic serfdom for the lower echelons of society, building the countries infrastructure, namely railroads et al.

I find it strange that it was only a few months ago, that Warren Buffet made his largest investment to date in....guess what....railroads

Billionaire investor makes $34 billion bet on the U.S. economy's future.

Warren Buffett has made bets on railroads before, but now he's all in. The billionaire investor's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. on Tuesday agreed to buy Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp., making a $34 billion bet on the future of the U.S. economy.

Burlington Northern, the nation's second-largest railroad, is the biggest hauler of food products like corn, and coal for electricity, making it an indicator of the country's economic health. The railroad also ships a large amount of consumer goods — including items imported from Asia — from big Western ports like Los Angeles and Seattle.

MSNBC

When I say jump, you say 'how high'

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws and Warren Buffet is indeed a very shrewd investor, but it does beg the question - how much do corporations influence g'ment policy and more importantly, they seem to becoming more audacious with their overt agendas, as played out with the SCOTUS decision last week.

G'ments needs to be decentralised, full stop.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d9fbe248229.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

join