It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nogodsintheuniverse? WELL?!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This may be a politically incorrect question to post but, curiosity has got the better of me. After enduring 13 days of taunts and many mindless posts can someone shed some light on the final straw that led to nogods banishment. Again, just curious. BTW, to the mods

[Edited on 5/27/2004 by CommonSense]

[Edited on 5/27/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
This may be a politically incorrect question to post but, curiosity has got the better of me. After enduring 13 days of taunts and many mindless posts can someone shed some light on the final straw that led to nogods banishment.

CS, Good Q/A. My guess, spamming.
Sanc'.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Consistently posting stupid ideas/theories and being ignorant of people's replies, and being generally annoying?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
His annoying ALL CAPSLOCK unreadable nickname that made people go blind?

j/k

You could have asked that question over U2Us.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I didn't even realise he was gone

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Didn't know who to direct the U2U to. I'm hoping that the mod invloved may post on this.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was wondering how long he was going to last. It is difficult to find an individual that actually pisses off both sides of an argument.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi CommonSense

Please refer to the boards TOCs, especially this:

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Speculating about *any* member in this manner clearly represents "harrassment". Kindly desist. Thank you!

(For further information, please see here )

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Didn't know who to direct the U2U to.

The job of slamming the Ban-Hammer is usually handled by our I.T. Director, SkepticOverlord.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Didn't know who to direct the U2U to. I'm hoping that the mod invloved may post on this.

If you really need to know, you could ask Skeptic.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Genya,
Sorry, Not meant as an attack, just curious. If you'd like, please lock this thread.
CS

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Genya,
Sorry, Not meant as an attack, just curious. If you'd like, please lock this thread.
CS

No worries CS.

It's just that, sometimes "curiousity" can come across as "rejoicing" in others misfortune, perhaps?

No damage done!

Peace

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The departure of NGITU, and cma (a much quicker demise) was a byproduct of ATS's rapid growth. As threads make their way to the top of Google's ranking system, searches will direct the masses to these pages of wisdom, some will decide to stay (I lurked almost two years before taking the plunge, a evening argument over the Dulce Base being the last straw). These people, registering in droves will prove to be a boon to the collective intelligence of ATS, however with rapid growth, there is the chance of "cancer". The prompt recognition and treatment of this "disease" is a hallmark of the professionalism of ATS's moderation. The recent thread bemoaning the censor system comes to mind, the need to use vulgarity being more important than the quality of content or the accessibility to all prospective audiences? I think not. ATS will continue to evolve because of it's policies, not in spite of them.

p.s. The removal of NGITU's posts eliminated all meaning of my posts.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
MM,
I agree. I've only been a member for a short time but lurked around for a couple of years. The one thing I liked so much about ATS was the quality of the posts and those posting. BTW, it was area 51 reasearch that first brought me to ATS. It seems that there has been a rapid growth since ATS picked up some good press very recently. I think time, and diligence by the mods, will keep the quality of ATS where, IMHO, we want it to be.
CS

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I reported him to the admins a few days ago, after they looked at him a litle, he got 1 warning, then the next day I logged on and found he already had 2 warnings under his name. He was still flamming everyone and making numerous claims without ever backing them up with the least of information.

I must say I was simply ashamed to have to say I'm from the same country and state in that country as he is, in other words belgium-flanders.

We belgians are a proud civilized and intelligent people and someone like him giving us a bad name by flaming everyone, acting like a regular jackass, not supporting his claims and a whole bunch of other things, just couldn't last any longer for me.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Another banning? Ive come close in my day, I dont necessarily think someone is a cancer as MM described, they just might not understand board behavior. I learned fast and now Im a very upstanding contributor, but at first I was a reply whore and very edgy. I dont think these people (NGITU and cma) were bad people, I could think of some other people who are more deserving but that would be mean to say.

PS. I agree with whoever said his nick made you go blind.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Not only do some not understand board behavior, some actually are here to disrupt. Sure some have agends, like me =partriot, but most are trolls.
They bog down the flow of ATS, and probably deserve to be cut.

top topics

join