It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isolated locations in western half of US with food/water source(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hey everybody, thanks for taking the time to review my thread, and, if in wrong location, please, feel free to move where necessary...

Say one wanted to leave society or live in the wilderness for some reason. Would anybody know any spots that were really isolated, rarely if ever traveled through or by or upon, has a town near (10-20 miles), and has food around as well as a water source? Want animals to be around to hunt, water to be able to get, and isolation so one need not worry about visitors. Anybody help me out??

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Try trinity/humoblt/siskyou counties in california

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
55°37'41.43"N, 132°57'4.53"W Prince of Wales Island, Alaska

This fits the bill in my opinion. Food, Water, Isolation, Two Large "POW style large" cities and isolated remote communities.

If you can get there you can live in a SHTF scenerio.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just look up national forests and parks. Here in Virginia we have millions of acres of state and national forests. That's where I'll be if the SHTF.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
mountain areas of Idaho, Montana and lower oregon.... all have lots of water and when it all falls those areas will have some people going into them but not as many as people think... mostly it is to isolated for one thing...

secondly... most people have no clue what to do when they got there with regards to survival... so that eliminates a good many...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Think Wyoming or Montana. Both have small populations, especially given the size of each state.

Lots of wilderness, great hunting and fishing, and loads of freedom minded individuals.

If ya dont mind the cold and wind, they might just suit your needs.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think anywhere that has severe weather is a great place to bug out. Especially the mountains because let's face it most people hate the cold and snow so that will keep them away. And with an area that gets lots of rain and snow you don't have to worry about fresh water. I'm in SoCal adn this is the worst place to be to bug out to the wilderness.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Lots of abandoned homesteads here in Montana

SW Montana is sparsely populated...more or less.

I love this place...

new topics

top topics

join