It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

story that might trigger a military coup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Back to the topic, if I remember correctly the media came down to Florida, and counted the votes. There was no fault play found.

"Following the election, a subsequent recount conducted by various U.S. news media organizations indicated that Bush would still have won the popular vote in Florida had the U.S. Supreme Court allowed the recounts to proceed using the process requested by Gore, although some different methods of counting votes would have resulted in victory for Gore. "

Excerpt taken from.
www.wordiq.com...

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If the President and V.P. are gone then the next in line is the Speaker of the House.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
if the whole administration were behind bars a political revolution would ensue, the chain of presidency would be abandoned in the midst of a military dictatorship / martial law government.

this is not about whether gore won the 2000 election or not.

heh heh, dog will hunt: primus (pork soda)

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by The General]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
No, actually Duke is right. Now mind you, I don't give any serious validity to the article.

If the President and the VP were arrested for the reasons cited, then the Speaker of the House, Hastert, I think his name is, would assume the Presidency.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The General
ok back to the topic.

if such a scenario did occur, the very legitimacy of the 2000 election would be brought into question, in a much bigger way than it is now.

it could be viewed that the logical choice for an interim leader would thus be gore, with more popular votes than bush in the 2000 election (even though we don't currently elect presidents based upon the popular vote).

You did say the above...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
whichever side you are on, saying that there was no controversy surrounding the 2000 election is like saying clinton didn't have sex with that woman.

i'm talking about a scenario in which it was proved that bush co. was responsible for 911. try to imagine that.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"drug lords"??? hmmmm....maybe they had it comin

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by gmcnulty
did say GW murdered two Mexican drug lords......"

Sorry. Don't see it quite like that ...........I said I read there was a story in the mexican press............. that said GW did it.

And in context was suggesting to the person who asked how for the story might go...............it would go not too far.

Not because it was true or false.......just because stories like just do not have credibility or provability.

That being the case, what link would be required?

A link to the obviously bizzare Bush drug story? Should I give a link so what may be slander be republished?

maybe the next detractor wants me to cut and paste the whole published story translated into English so he can read it and then accuse me of slandering the President for "publishing" a scandleous story.

You know, no one ever asked me what I thought of the story. But so many of you knew what was in my mind and heart that you accused me of and punished me for what YOU THOUGHT I SAID..........OR BELIEVED I MEANT.

Is this how you folks behave and treat people?

Is this a fair way to deal with folks. Or is it I'm fair game because you have judged me a liberal and deserve no better.................. a different set of rules apply to me because I'm not a real american.

Am I your door mat to be used and told what to do;how to behave and what to say?

Is that it? Tell me if anyone can be open and honest. I would like to know just what type of community this is.............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join