It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Shutters Miramax Offices, Lays Off Staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Disney Shutters Miramax Offices, Lays Off Staff

While the Weinsteins themselves have always been polarizing figures in Hollywood, there's no debate about the stellar quality of their library, which includes "My Left Foot," "Reservoir Dogs," "The Piano," "Pulp Fiction," "Clerks," "sex, lies and videotape," "Shakespeare in Love," "Swingers," "Good Will Hunting" and "The English Patient," just to name a few films.

Another one bites the dust. I have liked a lot of movies from Miramax. I hate to see em go. I guess they won't entirely kill off the name...

The 31-year-old Miramax label will be retained by Disney and applied to about three movies a year going forward, according to studio officials.

Still though, it's upsetting news to movie fans.

Miramax Dies: Rest In Peace

When we think of the movies that defined the latter part of the 20th century -- the movies that mattered, that stories that hit pop culture like a hammer and left a dent -- more often than not they came from Miramax.

According to the article:

The six movies waiting distribution -- "Last Night," "The Debt," "The Tempest” among them -- will be shelved, to gather dust, or win a tepid release.

Maybe this one make much of a difference. I found it to be interesting though.

new topics

join