It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Hatred and Intolerance of Many Liberals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As a moderate conservative (would not call myself a Republican currently), I like to read what both liberals and conservatives have to say. More importantly, I like to go into both Democrat and Republican forums to see what they act like and say when they don't think anyone is watching. With that being said, a constant theme with many liberals is flat out hate and intolerance of anyone that doesn't agree with them. Look at this thread:

Democrat Underground

All you see is hatred, intolerance, belittling the intelligence of those that don't agree with them, calling everyone evil, etc.... It is this mentality that can lead to fascist regimes as people like this get into power and decide they will not tolerate the other side any longer. All of this from the movement that is supposed to stand for tolerance, understanding and peace. This scary and sad ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Darn.

This thread could have been really interesting if you had structured it to reflect the far-right and far-left views, as opposed to "liberals" but instead, you chose to single out one group and then misrepresent that group in the process, by using a "naming trigger" that really doesn't apply.

Bad. Bad. Tsk. Tsk.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Star and flag.....funny those seeking to end intolerance are the least tolerant. It also seems self loathing and guilt is a requirement, as they try and put others "less fortunate" than themselves above them selves, then blame everyone including themselves for them being less fortunate. Amazing really.......liberalism is a mental disorder.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Bill O'Reilly , Rush Limbaugh , Ann Coulture , Sean Hannity

Don't throw stones.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Thank you.

Star.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I very much agree with the OP, having spent almost all my formative years in the company of that type of liberal from the mid 1960's to the end of the 1970's.

Now, let me be clear, hypocritical mindsets certainly aren't exclusive to liberals and I think most thinking people realize that.

However, it's been my personal experience that when it comes to plain old fashioned double standard hypocrisy (some) liberals are unrivaled.

Fight for peace, discriminate against the discriminators, belittle those that disagree. The exact same rigid and inflexible mindset that many rail against are exactly and ironically the very mindset they themselves posses.

In spades.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Explanation: Its not the absolute Hatred or the Intolerance of so called liberals that is the IMPORTANT issue. Its whether they have a VALID reason for being absolutely Intolerant and expressing a Hatred for "x, y or z".

Focusing on the "Angry" liberals or conservatives feelings is an ad hominen attack!

Personal Disclosure: We should ALL Focus on the Issues and NOT each other OK!

Maybe then something will actually get fixed!

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I actually thought the thread was about the hatred and intolerance OF liberals. As in people hating liberals.
I thought it was going to be a good thread, too. Too bad it's just another unsubstantiated hit piece.

johnny, as you like to read what both liberals and conservatives say, I'm pretty surprised you failed to notice the hatred in the other direction.

Shame...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ahhhh yes. It is truly good to be free of the game they have many Americans enslaved in. My rough estimate would be 94% of you. With varying degrees and levels of enslavement from moderate to severe.

You all dont really believe there is such a thing as Liberals and Conservatives do you?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

With respect, your opinion is a recurring theme on here. But one I disagree with.

It may be true that current political ideologies are somewhat fabricated and blurred regarding the 'left vs. right', I acknowledge that. But liberal or conservative personalities and/or mindsets seem to occur in any culture and in almost all timelines regardless of the political system in place. The traits that mark both or either have always been present, even if the labels are contemporary.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It is an ideological paradigm.

Conservatives believe in self governance and self responsibility, therefore it does not matter what others think.

Liberals believe in collectivism and group responsibility, therefore everyone MUST come to believe the way they do or they must be crushed.

Now, with those two statements, which ideology is more inherently less likely to allow free thought?

Liberalism is just another name for fascism.

If you do not believe the way they do, you HAVE to be destroyed.

The endisnighe

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I really wish these intelligent people here on ATS the best site on the net by far would stop playing this right vs left liberal vs consert. Game. Really I mean the corperations who paid for there campaigns are the people they really serve not the people who votes them into office. All MSNBC is propaganda same as FOX and CNN same as all the MSM. Come on people.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Don't throw stones.

Haha....mention these names to any liberals and their heads explode. You just proved the OP's point! BTW you forgot Dick Cheney.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
I really wish these intelligent people here on ATS the best site on the net by far would stop playing this right vs left liberal vs consert. Game. Really I mean the corperations who paid for there campaigns are the people they really serve not the people who votes them into office. All MSNBC is propaganda same as FOX and CNN same as all the MSM. Come on people.

This is not a game. If you don't understand the differences between liberal and conservative, you don't understand the difference between right and wrong and good and evil. I can respect a Conservative as much as I can respect a liberal (cause you know where they are coming from), the ones you got to watch out for are the moderates. Mary Landrieu and the 2 hags from Maine, come to my mind immediately.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The polarization exists on both sides, both right and left hate each other so bitterly they likely view the other side as another species. And therein lies the secret of why we have two parties. To keep us divided, bickering amongst ourselves and believing that we are fundamentally different. In truth most Americans, if they formed their own opinions instead of adopting platforms, would most likely rest somewhere in the middle.

So rather than coming together to work toward common goals we are torn at the seams while those who perpetrate this illusion, the wavers of the hypnotist's watch, get away with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

It's quite clear I hit a cord with your personally attack. So just because I don't buy into the right vs left propaganda you see everyday on TV I have no clue what I'm talking about, great argument. You keep on grazing in the pastures my friend and when the time comes die for these corperations that dictate your life.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hatred and catagorization of any group is simply the inability to formulate thoughts outside your very narrow box view of the world, be it conservative, liberal, left, right, religious, non, etc.

I am a liberal...fairly proud idealistic version but also a realist and so see the actual solutions to be somewhere in the center (live like a lib, vote for the center, hope for the best).

I see some perspectives conservatives have...some I think are wrong, some I think are simply a different way of going about things, but ultimately, I dont hate any group...now, people on the other hand...

any person whom willfully and purposefully misrepresents facts for whatever person needs to die in a fire...hopefully slowly...for the corruption of knowledge and truth...no matter which side of the aisle it comes from. The ends do not justify the means. If you cannot sell something without lying then your simply in the wrong...either come up with a honest approach to the subject and your view, or realize its the wrong path and never speak about it again.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Seriously, how long is it going to take some of you get get fed up with the right vs left, conservative vs. liberal fight?
I really need to start avoiding these threads.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Sean48

Don't throw stones.

Haha....mention these names to any liberals and their heads explode. You just proved the OP's point! BTW you forgot Dick Cheney.

-head explodes-

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I remember the hatred of the Clinton's especially Hillary. I'm sure most of us have read about the number of death threats against Obama (the Anti Christ??!) Sounds to me as if someone is seeing the world with blinders on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join