It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Penchant for Insulation Disconnects Us from Our True Inherant Ability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a few years, and I guess Avatar has pretty much motivated me to finally work it out (so kudos to them).

I'm going to try and tackle this phenomenon that dictates animals have the ability to save themselves by fleeing from an area before many different kinds of natural disasters (somehow sensing them), and also attempt to answer the question of why we don't, as it seems more and more humans will surely die with each new disaster.

I don't believe this is entirely necessary or out of our hands.

We are, at our most basic level, animals ourselves, so why is it that we can't sense these things coming as well as our mammalian counterparts?

For length's sake, this theory is somewhat narrowed and highly expandable (feel free to do so), but it is that there are two main causes, or differences between us and animals, that prevent us from sensing natural disasters well enough beforehand to flee to safety (of course, I believe this is the ONLY time we are meant to flee, but that's another thread,
).

First, for the most part, and superficially, we have only half the sense of touch (or connection to the ground [i.e. dirt, rock, water, atmosphere]) as most other animals on the planet. The great majority of the animal kingdom simply has more contact points to the planet than we have (most have more than 2 lower extremities to touch the ground with), and higher senses of smell and hearing and such.

So we're physically less connected to the planet, but I believe our seemingly much more sensitive emotional states (or at least expressive and observational capacity) and our sense of consciousness and ability to reason (or solve problems) is what's meant to take up this slack in our ability to escape calamity. This would make it seem that our collective focus, or our collective departures from the natural world, has been the wrong focus for centuries. Seems that practice doesn't make perfect. Perhaps it should read, "Practice for perfection [visualization] makes perfect."

We've been practicing it perfectly wrong for centuries. Imagine how in-tune we'd be if we had practiced it right (or naturally) for centuries, instead of doing everything we could to denounce nature and heightened abilities of perception (witch hunts).

Second, we insulate and eliminate whatever remaining sense of touch (or connection to the ground [i.e. dirt, rock, water, atmosphere]) we might have the potential to sense, with footwear and insulating clothing of every design imagination can come up with. It's just like insulating a wire.

We have simply eradicated our physical connections with nature's life force (or energy), completely insulating ourselves from any actual physical contact with the natural world - and thus its beneficial affects, just as the plastic around the wire insulates us from the harmful electricity (or energy) running through it (not that that's a bad thing
).

I believe that our collective penchant for disconnecting ourselves from our emotional states and natural perceptions has been where we've gone wrong all along.

I believe that the natural world is simply getting a little karmic payback for our admittedly ignorant yet erroneous ways when so many of us die in natural disasters.

I believe we've had the the capability within us to stave off death from natural happenstance all along, but because we chose to disregard and ignore whatever connections we all have with the physical planet, we've simply brung about the natural consequence (karma, if you will) of that decision for millenia.

There are many avenues of this theory I reflect on frequently that I haven't mentioned here (like our insulation from each other), for long-winded reasons, but I also believe this still needs some fine tuning, and since I value many of your opinions greatly, I'll just summarize and ask...

To make a long story very short, I believe we have insulated ourselves from everything, including reality, and we have been and are experiencing the consequence of that erroneous behavior.

We shouldn't be insulating, we should be conducing.

"What do you think?"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Interesting Thread and ideas.

Humans seem to have lost true awareness of Earth and all that is life upon it.

During the Dark Ages, peoples' understanding of life was more attuned to the unseen or non corporael forces of the planet itself. These forces were perceived as entities and expressed or communicated within superstitious paradigms.

The Enlightenment turned human understanding of the natural world and our role in it, inside out.

What was in darkness, logical methods for understanding and the logical or systematic paradigm within which scientific knowledge is expressed or communicated, came into the light and what was in the light, intuitive understanding and knowledge of Earth, both corporael and non corporael, became suppressed.

As you say, for centuries we have ignored how Earth communicates pending phenomena to the animals . Centuries. Generations of people, giving greater credence to the logical and or critical faculties and ignoring the intuitive.

For me, the problem with the Dark Ages was that ignorance kept the majority of reasonable people's lives in abject poverty. The problem with the Enlightenment is that it ignorantly denies the cerebral value of the intuitive faculty.

The evolution of the human mind (each, within the collective) has progressed from that of the animals, first with reason (logic), then with enlightenment (enquiry and critique). When we have progressed to full consciousness with all our faculties fully realised could be many generations away but I freely admit that I hope it is in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

And wouldn't that be something. I couldn't agree more.

I would have to say though, that it can only happen by and through inference, transference and emergence (i.e. It starts with self, and spreads from there.)

Sure, while we insist on being part of a profoundly sick (ill) society, we adjust ourselves accordingly, for unfortunately it seems we must. But the cure to 100's of years of disconnectedness might be as simple as taking our shoes off, and letting some skin breathe.

And wouldn't that be nice? The possibility of even approaching seemingly supernatural (or "natural") ability, would seem to start with simple visualization and very minor adjustments at first.

I believe we are all eternal beings with eternal powers, yet those "powers" have been systematically chipped away and honed out of existence by centuries of very narrow-minded, short-term, short-sighted agendas.

It reminds me of an intuitive quote:
"The chief cause of failure is sacrificing what we want in the future, for what we want right now."

join