It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army running out of ammo, seeks bullets from foreigners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The U.S. Army said it will seek bullets from commercial and foreign producers because its biggest ammunition supplier, Alliant Techsystems Inc., can't keep up with demand.
LINK

First we don't have body armor, now bullets. Maybe if we stopped wasting them on weddings! But seriously, how under-prepared were we for this war? Somebody needs to be fired.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I guess it's time to
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say I am strong."--Joel 3:10
Do a Google search for "plowshares into swords" (no ") you find some interesting returns.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hell, they were running out of ammo 4 months ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And that makes the following quote from the Daily Star a little "odd," don't you think?

"It's a surprise they are using so much ordnance over there," said Philip Finnegan, an analyst for the Teal Group consultancy in Fairfax, Virginia. "No one would have expected this a few months ago."

Someone ought to call Phil and let him know that he's a little out of the loop, methinks.

-B.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well guys, looks like we might be resorting to rocks, trebuchets, and catapults. Its not so bad, alot of third world countries do it.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Want to nag? Nag at www.dcma.mil... - those guys are so poorly organized and low skilled it's quite a shame

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sorry if it's already been covered, I just read it in the Financial Times but linked the first googled article that came up. I guess I should read ATSNN more!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Sorry if it's already been covered, I just read it in the Financial Times but linked the first googled article that came up. I guess I should read ATSNN more!

Actually, curme, I think it's interesting that this is coming up as "new" 4 months later, and that this dude they quoted is claiming no one could have seen it coming!!
Feel free to continue discussion. Is the quoted fella clueless, or just lying? There are new questions now!

-B.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I thought the fact that they are contracting Israel Military Industries Ltd. was interesting, so I looked up their company. Turns out that IMI is owned and controlled by the Israeli government as the manufacturing branch of the Israeli Defense Forces.

Originally known as "Haganah", they were a Zionist military organization in Palestine during the British mandate of Palestine from 1920 to 1948. The Haganah later became the IMI and Israel Defense Forces�Israel's army.

From the IMI website:

Israel Military Industries Ltd. (IMI), the pioneer of the Israel defense industry, has a history going back to the nineteen twenties, when it was essential for the Jewish population to arm itself with weapons to defend its very existence. Thus were born the first homemade hand grenades and the first workshops for manufacturing explosives. Between 1931 and 1933, the voluntary activities of few "HAGANA" (Jewish defense underground organization) members started to assume a form of an organized industry

IMI leaped forward in 1947, when Ben Gurion sent IMI's manager to the USA to buy machinery for the production of arms. The machines, which were smuggled into the country under the nose of the British, enabled the Israelis to establish arms and ammunition industry on the eve of the War of Independence.
www.imi-israel.com...

After WWII, the Haganah carried out anti-British operations in Palestine. Liberation of interned immigrants from the Atlit camp, the bombing of the country's railroad network, sabotage raids on radar installations and bases of the British police. It also continued its organizing of illegal immigration.

On May 28, 1948, less than two weeks after the creation of the state of Israel on May 15, the provisional government created the Israeli Defense Forces which would succeed the Haganah. It also outlawed maintenance of any other armed force. en.wikipedia.org...

So essentially, by contracting the IMI to supply our ammunition, we are also funding the Zionist agenda of the Israeli government and their army.
To those of you who don't believe the Zionists have a hidden agenda, this may not seem like a big deal.

In truth, this is just more evidence that the Zionists are pulling our strings. It is a perfect illustration of the reasons why our government has refused to condemn Israel's military attacks against Palestinians or their destruction of Palestinian homes. (If it wasn't apparent before)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Were any plans made at all? We don't need 300,000 troops we'll do it with less than half that, they don't all need armour, HumVees don't need armour, and just don't shoot as much. I would say somebody needs to be shot over this but........

top topics

join