It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Effect 2 - a great mind opener to what may be out there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Mass Effect 2...WOW what an incredible game. It really makes you think about all the possibilities of deep space. Bioware really outdid themselves with this one. If you've ever wanted to be part of a space opera this is it. It's a fantastical journey for the mind and soul. Keep in mind this game only spans a single galaxy. Now take that into consideration and imagine what may be taking place in one of our neighboring galaxies.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why is this not in BTS? im all for discussion but not for outright advertisement. Did you get paid for that post or somthing?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't visit BTS. Plus I'm a firm believer that imagination and inspiration leads to advanced development.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by genma
I don't visit BTS. Plus I'm a firm believer that imagination and inspiration leads to advanced development.

well maybe you should visit BTS, because this board is for aliens and UFOs not video games. Of course you could get around this by starting a thread on how mass effect 2 is a true story or is paving the way for disclosure. Both would make you look foolish but not much more than this thread has.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

well maybe you should visit BTS, because this board is for aliens and UFOs not video games. Of course you could get around this by starting a thread on how mass effect 2 is a true story or is paving the way for disclosure. Both would make you look foolish but not much more than this thread has.

You're the only one looking foolish in this thread, broseph. Why get so butt-hurt over one little thread? If you don't like it or agree with it, you don't to read it, much less post in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I must say, that is a really dramatic trailer lol.

I agree, this is a pretty "Realistic game" in posiblity sense, it really puts it on the dot that humanoids are the final stage of evolution, and every life form may end up at it.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
well it turns out the aliens were abducting humans to build a new reaper with the combined DNA, So you beat the boss and you find out that more reapers are on their way from when you beat the boss at the end of the first mass effect, opening the door for number 3. Yeah real realistic to me, im not sure and have not heard anything about a lesbian cut scene in this one like they had in the last one.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I just bought this game yesterday and absolutely love it! The first one was great, but ME2 is even better.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe

Originally posted by zaiger

You're the only one looking foolish in this thread, broseph. Why get so butt-hurt over one little thread? If you don't like it or agree with it, you don't to read it, much less post in it.

Go back to /v/

I think the last thing ATS needs is an influx of channers stinking up the place.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes this game (if somebody likes to play) relay shows what might be hiding out there
It realy does open your mind if you think about it

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
sounds like a really extremely cheesy sci-fi video game. oh wait, it is a really extremely cheesy sci-fi video game.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
remember kids, its just a video game.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
its a great game, and he is not being paid to post here, because this game is so amazing, that it dont need this kind of PS

but really I dont think this game deserve a thread here

if you start to study about the game, why would all aliens have a head, 2 legs, 2 arms, and a torso, just like us ... its kind of wierd

if intelligent beings exist outside earth, I think they would be = to us, or completely different, I mean, COMPLETELY ...

the only way for them to be like us would be if they created us ... thats the only way, ...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How's the game it looks alright. Is it an RPG?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
*Small spoilers ahead*

I powered through the first one in a week or two, so that I could play the second one. It was released a few hours ago via steam. Just have to finish work then I can start on that. : )

In regards to the storyline, theres nothing in there that makes it unfeasible which makes it even more compelling.

The basis is that humanity discovers some prothean ruins. An ancient civilization 50k years ago which spanned the galaxy. They may not have colonized the whole planet, and only occupied small sections of many planets.

Discovering these ruins gives them the knowledge and ability of space travel, which in turn enables them to be a part of the previously unknown galactic civilization.

It turns out that these civilizations have little knowledge of the past prothean race, and are on the hunt for artifacts of the past in order to discover new prothean technology.

The origins of this technology are learnt, along with the discovery of a race that cleanses the galaxy, destroying all organic life once every so often.

It's a very cool story and doesn't score into the high 90's / 100 for nothing!

It creatively deals with a wide range of problems which could and would arise when cultures mingle on a galactic scale.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Got the game, very fun.. but let's be serious, it's a game.

moving on

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I agree, this is a pretty "Realistic game" in posiblity sense, it really puts it on the dot that humanoids are the final stage of evolution, and every life form may end up at it.

Actually, only a smattering of the races in the game are humanoid. The main characters are humanoid, of course, but this is more for storytelling purposes. It is easier to emphasize with human-like beings.

However, many of the other races are not humanoid. The Hannar are jellyfish-like beings. The Rachnii are intelligent insects that communicate telepathically. And the Reapers, machines measuring kilometers in size, are the most are the most advanced race, in terms of both evolution and technology.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This game is one of most amazing game I have ever played, and I agree with the poster that it is 'mind opener' game.

It is one of only game that allow me to experience something like never before virtually and it is like a 'test' to see how would have I reacted to the world where human and different life form/alien races. The most interesting time I went through in game is having different alien and human as my comrade through game, while having relationship with humanoid alien female. This game developed a way where I would be able to have many different way having conversatoin with different human and alien people.

When I played Mass Effect 1 and 2, I have never experienced a game like this that allow me to experience being part of social where human and alien coed virtually, and that is when I began to 'explore' the universe of this game. When I go through game, learning the culture of different races of alien, went through mission/battles with alien, I felt 'comfortable and enjoyed the humor/seriousness from interfacing with different alien people. It is one of only few games that actually made me wish I was in there, so that is why I will treasure these games.

So I am very glad I got games like this, and I have completed both Mass Effect 1 and 2. I will be waiting for Mass Effect 3 where I will import my character history and everything I have done in game into Mass Effect 3 and contiune my journey virtually.

Chaoic out...

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Not sure what the problem is here. The op is saying it;s a mind opener, well I can;t disagree with that.

Yes the game can be a mind opener, because it has been created by the "imagination" of others, and we get to indulge in their imagination, whcih is new to us, and in a way their imagination has come to life.

As einstein said “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

I think that says it all. In a way our imagination is the ONLY way forward, the only way to new things, and possible futures and new and better ( or worse haha) ways of life.

Gaining knowledge from books etc does not make someone automatically more intelligent, it is merely repeating what someone else told you, it does not require much intelligence, in my opinion intelligence is something more, it has a lot to do with using your imagintion.

So yes it is just a game, but it is also a game that has come from many peoples imaginations, that then can inspire other peoples imaginations and change the future.

LOL I sound crazy, but it's true.

Peace.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

Just to get it off my mind. I love these new generations of games. The game play goes so well with the plot. and the graphics, oh baby! Feels like your playing for real. But I do hear were you're coming from on Mass Effect 2. My friend was play that game and I saw these aliens that looked kinda like demons and was wondering what if our ancestors saw aliens that looked like demons and didn't what they were at the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join