It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck should be required viewing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't care what any of you FOX news haters say.This guy is teaching Americans what the hell is going on with this Government.He is educating the masses.
I have watched PMSNBC for the last 2 weeks or so (as much as I can stomach)and all they do is lie and personally attack FOX and Limbaugh.
They never explain anything or justify a point of view.

Glen Beck is informative ,he explains his theories and conjectures with facts and evidence and they make sense.

If you think I'm wrong let me know but before you do think about this.
How does the guy who outed ACORN getting caught trying to expose Mary Landrue(sp?) suddenly make ACORN innocent?

I gotta stop I'm getting to pissed.
I'm going to watch Beck and see how my government is selling me out and screwing me over.
I believe him!

Mod-Note: Title-spelling corrected

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I watched him years ago when he was on CNN. Then he went insane. Seriously! I can't even stand to look at him - him and Palin give me the heebyjeebys.

+57 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Fear mongering is not quality journalism, and perpetuating it is not what the american consumer should be about.

Glen Beck is nothing but the mouthpiece of fear.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He comes off too fraudulent I'm afraid for me to take interest. Fake crying, false emotions and an easy read that he has some agenda to his madness.

No wolf in sheeps clothing for me.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So far I am not seeing any rebuttles of the things he has to say.
He has ticked off some 9/11 truthers and they won't watch him.
He has ticked off some of the Birthers, now they won't watch him.
He has ticked off Republicans and Democrats - but has the 2nd highest cable ratings of anyone after Bill O'Reilly.
It is an opinion show, but I've not seen him caught in any lies.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Haha, you're implying all major news anchors aren't just spokesmen for a system created to cause a false left-right paradigm in our nation.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've actually watched his show a few times over the last few months to get a first hand look at what Glen Beck is all about.

Now I know.

His "theories" are disjointed ramblings that smack of some form of psychosis and the facts he uses to back them up either have nothing to do with his claim, are erroneously stated or just plain old made up. The utter hatred he kept spewing was also highly distasteful.

To me Glen Beck appears to be either a raving lunatic or a psychopathic liar. But then that's just my opinion. I shall take a look at this program from time to time to see if he has gotten better just for the sake of keeping an open mind, but I have far better things to do with my time than to listen to that garbage. But then you never go broke underestimating the public do you?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by metamagic]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I tend to avoid the MSM and television in general. They don't call it "Programming" for nothing. These cult of celebrity posts are getting old. Take it to US Weekly.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Chilling anecdote, sibling.

Not really, but its whatever man.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I watched Beck for awhile on fox but his ravings over how bad atheists are for America really put me off. Overall he comes across as a slightly less assholish version of Alex Jones which I think is going to make more people cover their ears and put on blindfolds than open their eyes and see what the hell is really going on here.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts
So far I am not seeing any rebuttles of the things he has to say.
He has ticked off some 9/11 truthers and they won't watch him.
He has ticked off some of the Birthers, now they won't watch him.
He has ticked off Republicans and Democrats - but has the 2nd highest cable ratings of anyone after Bill O'Reilly.
It is an opinion show, but I've not seen him caught in any lies.

Well you need to be more fair and balanced and look at people who actually fact check what people like the Beckster say. Like here: St. Petersburgh Times Politifact (Pulitzer Prize winner 2009) The count 0 true or mostly true statements, 1 half true, 3 barely true, 5 false and 2 pants-on-fire (outrageous lies) that he has made.

Pants on fire staements

"In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for dogs."

and

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

And one false statements just as a sample.

"Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We're the only country in the world that has it."

So, rebutted and caught in lies. QED

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I agree, I think he should be required viewing. I'm skeptical when I watch a new show (when it started) and I always try and catch people like Beck, Mathews, and the like in lies and just in the past year alone, Beck has told the least amount of lies and Oberman has told the most and good ole Chris Mathews in between.

I really think his love and tears for the country is sincere because I get the same way when I tune into the things and what is happening to the morals of society and the down-right greed and corruption of the people we elect to be our leaders. Seriously, if you're not saddened by all of that then you need check into your own morals and character and see where you really lie and with whom.

I bet if you're a greedy person you're not going to like Beck.

And, in fact, I'm doing a study on the morals, and the character viewers have on those who watch Matthews, Doberman (yeah I know I typed it wrong), Beck and a few others and will present my findings soon. It's going to ASTONISH YOU ALL!

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a spit in the face of the idea of journalistic integrity. His false crying, his flip-flopping, his flimsy half-truths mixed with outright distortions and his short-fuse anger issues place him somewhere between "agenda following propagandist" and "mentally unstable man-baby."

Though Olbermann makes me absolutely sick to my stomach, Glenn Beck, in my eyes, is nothing more than a monkey. His rants and revelations are completely illogical, such as his decision to ignore decades of art critics and historians to unveil his communist/fascist/whatever the hell he is trying to say analysis of the artwork of Rockefeller plaza, while omitting that Fox News is based out of the plaza... does anyone find it funny the two big obnoxious media outlets, Fox and MSNBC, are based out of Rockefeller plaza? It's fitting, because the News Corporation is also obnoxious, General Electric is obnoxious, and the Rockefellers are obnoxious.

Plus, required viewing? What kind of freedom-lover are you? I suspect the kind that only believes that real freedom is a world where everybody thinks and acts just as you do. I'll put people like you on my "things obnoxious list", right between the Rockefellers and cry-baby reporter wannabes.

If the supposed "powers that be" really wanted to dumb down America, Glenn Beck would be mandatory viewing.

I bet if you're a greedy person you're not going to like Beck.

Nice generalization you cast over all of us. I loathe Glenn Beck, and I wouldn't say I am greedy in the least.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Someone336]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Did you watch him drool, and creep out ALL America talking to Palin

about his Dream.

This guy is total Scumbag.

Even Palin threw up in her mouth.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Speaking for myself, I don't want someone/government interfering enough to make an opinion show required reading.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If so, than so should Jon Stewart!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

No NO NO

Jon Steward , hell yes

Beck... hell no

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

If so, than so should Jon Stewart!!!

YES!!! Brilliant Idea!

Perhaps also Yes Minister or Monty Python as well.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by metamagic]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
edit bad post

[edit on 28-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think the government should take over TV and force everyone to watch the BBC, I mean PBS.

Then they should charge a ridiculously high TV tax for the privilege of watching State sanctioned television and they should enforce the tax by using electronic sensing equipment put inside vans that will drive around your neighborhood and detect how many TVs are in your home.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join