It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Illegal Immigration Has Affected Me Through The Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I live in a small town in Northern California and trust me when I say its just as bad here OP. Gang graffiti everywhere, the gangs themselves are violent and sell drugs(not harmless things like pot either. things like coc aine and heroine) people chasing your truck... 99% of the students were Mexican many of their families here illegally. I was constantly accused of being a racist for no apparent reasons other than having white skin, listening to different music and not speaking spanish.

There are only a few other white families here and they don't mind it because they're the rich assholes who own all the farmland. Jobs are taken as soon as their posted by people willing to work for $2 an hour under the table. The police are pretty much nonexistent.

Don't get me wrong I harbor no hatred for Mexicans as a whole but the ones in this town... well.. lets just say there comes a time when enough is enough. I hope to be out of here soon. I'm leaving California and I'll never look back. It's a lost cause as far as I'm concerned, practically a third world country of it's own. Bankrupt, plagued by corruption, racism, and violent crime. The people who don't live here or in another border state and aren't effected by this have no business speaking on the matter.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Raverous]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Good post. I'll add my experience to this thread as well.

My family and I (four of us) moved to Southern California from Europe. We immigrated here legally, and it took a lot of waiting, medical exams, doctor visits, and tests of other sorts to come to this country. It took us five years to become citizens.
Before we even left Europe everyone warned us not to end up in Los Angeles, because the crime there was bad. Where do you think the social worker dropped us off? Garden Grove, somewhat close to L.A.

I was 12 years old at the time. I remember sitting in her car, going down the freeway and looking at the palm trees. I never saw palm trees growing in the city before and was amazed. Next stop was our one bedroom apartment. We got there and it was dark. The social worker led us to the door. Her key didn't work, so she led us in through the window. Great first sign when you have to break into your own apartment.

She warned us that if we were going to do the laundry we should watch it carefully, because people here stole other people's clothes right out of the dryer. She also warned us about a certain type of bug we should now get used to,... roaches. I woke up the next morning and found myself in a filthy apartment sleeping on a mattress in the middle of the room. I looked around and instantly became depressed. I wondered why we came here at all. In fact I think I started crying and telling my parents that I wanted to go back to Europe. This place was disgusting. My parents told me to be quiet, cleaned the apartment to the best of their abilities, and told us it was time to start learning English.

My next lesson was the outside. The street was full of apartment buildings. They were fairly ugly in my opinion, and a lot of them were trashed. Nearly everyone spoke Spanish, a few were Vietnamese. We never encountered Mexicans before, so we didn't really have any opinions on them just yet.

We had purchased some bicycles to get around town. My parents used them to go to English class every night so that they would learn the language. Both bicycles were stolen one night, although they were locked up. We bought a couple more. I went to the grocery store to pick something up. I locked my bike at the bike rack, went in, spent literally less than five minutes inside, and by the time I came outside my bike was gone. Only the cut lock remained on the ground. I saw three Mexican guys leaning up against the wall nearby. I asked them if they had seen who took my bike, and where he/she went. They looked at me, shook their heads and said they didn't speak English.

I was distraught. I couldn't believe that we had lost the third bike in a month. These guys saw me drive the bike in, and as they were standing there the whole time, facing the bike rack, it was clear that they must have seen something. They let someone steal a bike from a 12 year old. Disgusting! I came from a place where you could leave your bike in the middle of the street and no one would take it. If anything they'd pick the bike up and take it into your yard!

Next was school. I was placed into 6th grade to make it easier for me to integrate. When I came to class I was one out of two white kids in the class. Everyone else was Hispanic. They all spoke Spanish with each other. As we were reading from our text books, suddenly the teacher called on someone who didn't speak any English. This boy had his text book in front of him and began reading...IN SPANISH!!! His text book was in Spanish while other kids had an English text book. I was very surprised that this was happening. Even at the age of 12 I knew he'd never learn English if he was allowed to read out of a Spanish text book in an American classroom.

There were a couple of other kids who also had the Spanish text books.
During breaks the kids thought it was a lot of fun to have me read out of their Spanish books, because although I had no idea what I was reading, I was pronouncing the words closely to how they were supposed to be pronounced. They were trying to teach me to speak Spanish.

I was placed in an ESL class with other Spanish-speaking students. We were learning how to speak English. I was making pretty good progress, but the other kids were not. In fact after a year and a half of ESL it was determined that I no longer needed it, because I was now fluent. The other kids in class with me still spoke nearly no English at all! I couldn't understand how that was possible. They were in ESL just as long as I was, yet they still couldn't communicate in English. I'll make a brief mention that this new American school was WAYYY behind the European school I came from. If I had known English I would have been terribly bored. Learning English was the only thing giving me a challenge and keeping me from boredom.

We lived in Garden Grove for about a year and a half. During that time we were introduced to theft and drive-by shootings. We had all sorts of things stolen, including clothes. I had no idea what a "drive-by" was until we moved to America. I remember hearing the gun fire weekly, and one of those times the bullets sprayed our building. The bullets went through the walls of a Mexican family's apartment, nearly killing their newborn. They were friends of ours while we lived there.

To tell you what kind of effect this neighborhood had on me,... For Halloween one year I dressed up as a dead gang member!
I remember all the kids wanted a Raiders jacket. You weren't cool if you didn't have one, so of course I wanted one too. My parents didn't get me one. I listened to gangster rap, and I liked my pants baggy. My parent's weren't fond of that, so they controlled what I wore every day. I didn't get as far as the five inch bangs full of hairspray, but man did I want em in order to fit in! You had to look and act "tough" in order to survive.

Back then I didn't know anything about illegal immigration, but looking back at it now I'm sure there were plenty of illegals living on that street. There was so much crime! I was afraid to walk down the street even during the day. I never had that problem in Europe.

So, that was my introduction into the Hispanic neighborhood. Much of Southern California might as well be called Mexico II., especially Downtown L.A. I'd hate to get lost there.

CONTINUED in next post...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Exactly, people think its not a problem until they are immersed in it and its too late.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sorry about torturing you with another post from me, but I have so much to share on this subject!

When my family moved to Northridge (after the quake), I was transfered to a new High School. I came to my History class and sat down. I was the only white person there. My new nick-name became "White girl". During class the Hispanic students were talking, shouting, throwing paper at each other as if the teacher wasn't there at all. I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was in that movie with Michelle Pfeifer, you know which one I'm talking about. I was trying to pay attention to the teacher, because I knew my parents would whip me if I got bad grades. I couldn't hear him talk! The man just ignored the ruckus. The kids had ZERO respect for adults.

In reality what could he do? He's not allowed to discipline them, he may even place his health/life in danger if he does confront them. Luckily at the end of class he called me to the front and told me I didn't belong there. He recommended I go to the Honors program which was filled with White, Hispanic and Jewish kids who DID want to learn something useful. It turned out to be a completely different environment, and I can honestly say it was a great experience. The "regular" classes, unfortunately, were much like that history class. Nobody there gave a damn.

While we lived in the valley I didn't like to go outside. I hated going to the mailbox to drop off letters, because there was always some Hispanic male who would either make remarks (hit on me), or whistle at me while I was walking down the street. It was creepy. I used to be an outdoors kind of kid, but these parts of Southern California turned me into a hermit.

Now as an adult I bare no ill will toward Mexicans. I have absolutely NO problem with Mexicans who obey the laws, who try to speak English, who integrate into society and treat me with respect, just as I would them. I have no issues with Immigrants who don't steal, don't kill, don't form gangs, don't ruin neighborhoods, who place high value on education and so forth. My boyfriend (who happens to be the sweetest and most wonderful man I've ever met) is Mexican (although his family has been here for at least three generations, so he's "Americanized").

My problem is with Illegal immigrants who trash neighborhoods, who form gangs, take over neighborhoods and terrorize not only other races, but also their own people. It's the drugs, the drive-by shootings, the graffiti, the trash, the crime that bothers me. I've been to Mexico a few times. I know what it's like out there, and if you've never been there, believe me, Tijuana is a horrendous place. Many parts of Los Angeles are beginning to resemble Tijuana. The streets are dirty, overcrowded, and dangerous. These illegal criminals are bringing their culture of filth and crime into our neighborhoods. Yes, some of them just want to survive, BUT... as an immigrant myself, we did it the right and lawful way. We came here to be Americans. We suffered and waited for the privilege.
There is nothing wrong with retaining one's language and culture so long as it respects the citizens of this country.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This reminds me of one of my history classes in high school when we were studying past world powers. The teacher said that all decadent sociaties will fall. They will fall not by being directly overtaken from a more powerful force but by the decay of the infrastructure of the society. Another force will take advantage of this decay and take over but the initial reason that allows the takeover will be the central decay not the superior force.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by LuFri]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

OP, My friend, Kudos! Star and Flag! Many people would not have the guts to say what you have said, even though it is absolutely true. I Live in Northern Virginia, in a city that's about 45 minutes to an hour out of Washington DC. I've lived here for the past 9 years, and I have watched as the illegal immigrant problem gets completely out of hand. We have numerous shopping centers that are completely spanish. I'm talking 15-20 stores, side by side, with not one word of english anywhere to be seen. I couldn't even go to those stores if I wanted to, because every time I enter one of them, all eyes are on me. I get treated like crap, even though i'm nothing but respectful. I've had to leave countless stores because very VERY few of the employees speak english, and the few that do, have an elementary school understanding of it, at best. It gets quite annoying having to ask grown adults to repeat themselves 7-8 times, because they can't pronounce half of the words they are saying. Even my old high school would say half of the morning announcements in spanish. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the honest, legal, mexican american citizens who come to america and melt into the society. After all, america is supposed to be a melting pot. However, it seems like many illegal immigrants don't want to blend into the american culture, instead, they want to turn American culture into that of their own country.

A prime example of how bad it is; The other day I had to call a local business to check on an order I had placed. I was sent to an automated response. I was quite surprised when I found out that the recording language was by default, Spanish, and i had to hang up and press 1 for english.

Borders are a must.. plain and simple. As easy as it is to cross the existing ones, whats to keep someone from Al Qaeda from jumping the fence or crawling through a tunnel to get into the country? How much chaos would that cause?

Bottom line is illegal immigrants are breaking the law. If anyone else were to break the law, they would be prosecuted without a second thought. Why should they get special treatment? Why should they be allowed to just walk right into America, when there are people who spend thousands of dollars, and wait for years simply to come to America legally? Believe it or not, just the other day my friend was telling me how there was a raid on the store next to his Best Buy. They took away 17 illegal immigrants. 17! In one store! It's out of control, and something needs to be done.

Illegal Immigrants. Emphasis on ILLEGAL.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Star and flag for you, but man are you gonna get crucified by the you stold the land from the indians, they are only here to raise their families, there should be no border crowd. Seems what they percieve vs. what people experience never even enters their train of thought.

no, nobody will crucify him/her. 99% of the people here will agree with the OP. the people who will be crucify are the ones that say otherwise.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I just wanted to say good topic/post. &
I was born and raised in South Florida, and can pretty much say I had experienced close the same thing that you have in L.A. I left there 10 years ago, before leaving the state found even central and northern(didn't check the panhanle) was turning much the same of what I was leaving behind. With the influx of even more illegals(from; Columbia, Peru, Haiti, Cuba, etc.) came gangs, robberies, violence, rapes, drugs and more, not to mention less work, few people speaking English, illegals with a negative attitude toward Americans, ruined neighborhoods and the pushing out of the locals and families that have lived there for at least 2 generations or more. Old time Floridians once only had to complain of people moving in the from the Northeast but they did contribute to sociaty, unlike immigrants who are tearing it down.

I truely knew then that my hometown was no longer mine, but now others who came to America illegally to leech off our already in debt economy.

I visited a few times in the past ten years, most recently in 2008 to find most everyone I had known, also moved as well as my old neighborhood/s were filled with different people. Traffic became even worse. After talking with the friends and family that did relocate it was for many of the same reasons I did, to become safe... have a safe future.

Fast forward; 2009 For the first time since the 40s more people moved out of Florida than moved in. This is said due to slump in the housing market, no work, 'no longer a paradise', and possible with what I mentioned above.

So. Cal doesn't seem like it will have people leaving anytime soon. Many say the area is just being 'reclaimed by Mexico'...

Get out before it's to late.
My family waited too long, we not only lost a family member due to homicide(the which caused us to relocate) to but lost a home due to the city 'needing to widen the road because of traffic needs'...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I wanted to add more to my experiences just so people get more of an idea.

When I was sick(gladly not anymore) I was sent to the E.R. once. I could not sit at all because I had severe shooting pains down my legs and was near passing out from the pain.

I choose to stand in the waiting room because I could not sit for 5 seconds without pain. About 90% waiting room was "Hispanic". I say Hispanic but inside my mind knows from experience it was Illegals...Mexican specifically.

Not a word of English was spoken. The televisions were all set to Spanish speaking stations.

The Mexican security guard started to harass me for not sitting down. He told me patients MUST SIT, or leave. I looked at him with my family member that bought me there totally shocked. I started to cuss at him as a heartless S.O.B.

The whole E.R. just sat there and said nothing. I was literally the only white guy in the whole place. The guard was previously laughing and joking in SPANISH with all the waiting patients. But with me, it was pure power he was trying to display. I won't go to a "county" E.R. ever again. That day showed me a lot about what happened to the Hospitals here.

Thankfully I'm not sick anymore and do fine.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE:

If you drive the Freeways here and look over at other drivers, you would think you're in Mexico. The Freeways are packed with Hispanic faces. Now it's not that THAT in itself is wrong. I mean, who can change their skin. What's 'wrong' is what it tells me, what's 'WRONG" is because I know WHY it is like that.

The other day, I was behind a few men in a truck with Lawn Mowing equipment and such. For those of you not from here, almost EVERY lawn service is Mexican/Hispanic and PACKED with Illegal Immigrants.

Now we came to a light, and the guy was in front of me with three people packed in the front seat of a crappy old Toyota truck, crap falling out of the back, ropes and stuff unraveled.

SO the guy sees a cop on the opposite intersection and SLAMS his brakes on in front of me. I almost crashed in back of him at 50 MPH. He didn't even need to stop, but I KNOW he didn't have insurance or a license and that is why he was so scared and jammed on his brakes.

It was almost literally a DEATH caused by Illegal Immigration. And I know if I killed the guys in the car, I would have been at fault and my life ruined. If it killed me, they would be slapped on the wrist or disappear back to Mexico without a trace. And my family would have to accept that I died with no justice or trace of the guilty party.

ANOTHER EVENT:

The other day was sitting at the pub and a Mexican guy I had known for years across the bar, was drunk. He started talking about Mexico and how he came here Illegally. I just listened from across the bar. He started talking loudly and laughing how Americans are going to be run over by Mexico and how they will "own this place". It took everything I had in me not to kick the living S*** out of him right in the bar.

He's a gross, obese, sloppy, shady, mouthpiece that hardly anyone likes, and he knows it. But he's not alone, there's MILLIONS like him.

I could go on and on, literally I could give a daily report on how the Illegal Immigration problem affects me and Los Angeles. I could write an ongoing book and make 10 feature length movies just with footage alone, no commentary.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ahddm

I'm in the same industry. I can go on for days about how even our INDUSTRY, is now being undercut by it. What next huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SynchroniZation

You're F'in BRILLIANT for a 13 year old. Don't worry, you're American to me, if that counts. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't feel shame. I think the world could use more kids like you. Hell, even by "American" standards you're ahead of the curve.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahddm
reply to post by thecandyman

Don't be so harsh on judging by flags, I display my country of orgins flag every April in remembrance of those killed in a Genocide 100 years ago to which is still not accepted, not because I love it more than I love America now.

Not really to worried about 'flags'. It just speaks to a wider problem. I could give a crap about flags. They don't define people or their patriotism.

I assume you're Armenian. I love the Armenians. Always been 100% cool to me. Beautiful women too, lol. But even Armenians have loads of Illegal Immigrants up in Glendale and surrounding areas.

The thing is, wherever Armenians go, they actually IMPROVE neighborhoods and add to the community. They keep to themselves alot, but assimilate well, and don't have an attitude of entitlement.

Nobody even cares about the Armenians here illegally, because they don't cause problems and they attempt to make their lives better.

And Armenians are snappy dressers. LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
The security supervisor was from Nicaragua.His dad had been one of Somaza's cronies and they bailed out of that place with millions and took sanctuary here in the states when he was a young child.

Rich,spoiled refugee and clueless. Had a professional wife also a "refugee" lived in a nice gated area in a big house,pool etc. Drove a Lexus SUV.

Met a young man that used to work at my current job location, his dad was supposedly a bodyguard for Arafat...he didn't have too many kind words to say about America and practically shouted praise allah every other sentance...

Anyways back on topic, I am half mexican, and these illegals are a mockery to everything my grandparents worked for. It is a difficult subject, what do you do with all these people? I don't like how long it takes to become a citizen, some of them have tried and just got lost through the process but yes most of the illegals don't even try. I liked the idea of giving them a temporary work visa and give them a faster track to citizenship so long as they get a job, pass drug tests and background tests etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The exact same thing is happening in Europe. In the UK there are now several inner cities where the majority of school children are of recent immigrant origin. And furthermore, the cultures absolutely do clash. Multiculturalism is failing. But I just want to make one important point:

It is not the immigrants themselves who are to blame. Mass-migration, social-segragation and multiculturalism were all deliberately planned by the new world order in order to break down traditional society so that the new post-traditional, global community can be built from the ruins and so that we can be re-programmed with new values.

I constantly have to remind people of this. Multiculturalism and a borderless world are not the natural, utopian urges of an organic humanity; they are the secret agenda of a totalitarian secret cabal. I know this through extensive research. If only I could make more people realise this so that instead of hating the immigrants, or hating the 'nazis' who oppose immigration, people would hate the people responsible: government.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My father saw it happen to his city growing up here in L.A. I saw the same thing happen to mine and I'm only 22. Immigrants have taken over. I understand the complete frustration you have. I will say I don't have more of a general dislike for the mexican illegals but others too, asians being the other. I have seen a lot of both. I recently just just quit working at store that was in a predominately Mexican part of town. The economy sucks and it was the only job I can find so I took it. I didn't think I would see the amount of ignorance that I saw but it amazed me. They don't know any english and it doesn't seem as though they are going to try and make any attempt to learn it. They even get mad at you for not speaking spanish! It's crazy. I won't say I hate either of their entire groups though. I have many friends from both groups but it's just the illegals I can't stand. Asians are just rude. The same goes for their english. They have an incredibly big ego but I do respect them because they come here and actually thrive. The cities which are predominately mexican are getting trashier every day. Nothing is taken care of. I don't understand it. As far as MS-13 having influence on them, I think your mistaken. MS-13 is an el salvadorean gang so i don't know what their influence would be on the mexican gangs. they don't like each other. Then there's the corn selling issue I don't agree with. I dont have a problem with it because I understand what they're trying to do. I understand they're just trying to make some money. At least they're doing that and not out causing crime. I just don't want to see it on our streets like if it were mexico here. LA certainly certainly isn't nice anymore though. All the decent areas are getting swept up by them. Pretty soon all of L.A. will look like a dump.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

Anyways back on topic, I am half mexican, and these illegals are a mockery to everything my grandparents worked for. It is a difficult subject, what do you do with all these people? I don't like how long it takes to become a citizen, some of them have tried and just got lost through the process but yes most of the illegals don't even try. I liked the idea of giving them a temporary work visa and give them a faster track to citizenship so long as they get a job, pass drug tests and background tests etc.

If we give them a faster track to being legal immigrants, we send the unintended message to all those who haven't jumped the fence yet, that they should do the same, in hopes of a second amnesty. Any solution we come up with will have unintended consequences.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

MS-13 is just one part, yes. M&Ms are also here and all the different offshoots and cartels.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

You did know that your hate is based an false ideas and manipulation of the most sophisticated kind, did you not?

You did know that by thinking the way you do, it further divides us, and makes it easier to conquer us?

Migration to any country in large amounts, specially in the United States is only but one effect of what the actual problem is. You are hating an entire people, just because you have been lead to believe it really is their fault, that it is anybody's fault for that matter.

What you do not see is the effects of how global structures of power displace, exploit, and in some cases exterminate an entire people. The problem in Mexico in specific is not that Mexicans want to invade the United States and "take over the land that was stolen". Most Mexican people don't even care for Americans, even so called Mexican Americans, because they are just American.

The problem is that the global grab for power is very real. Institutions like the United Nations, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and NAFTA all work for a common goal. They do not see you as an individual, they see you as a number, a commodity. This is why they brain wash you in to having these feelings of hate towards humanity, without even truly understanding why.

The Mexican people would have been better off without the influence of covert operations conducted by your "Defense" agencies. This is not just Mexico you know. You can follow a large trail heading all the way south in the Southern Americas. This is because Drugs are the largest contributors to all of this chaos. Drugs, money, and so called power. Cocaine, Heroine, they are a big business. Why do you think Afghanistan has exploded in production? All of a sudden.

They brain wash you because they don't want you to know this. First you have to ask your self why this large migration of people happens, then you have to actually understand that there is a much larger picture to all of this. Try to look beyond the tunnel vision.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Star and Flag.

If you don't believe it, take you kid to any Chuck E Cheese in the Los Angeles area and see how long it takes before you child is punched pushed or kicked by some little unsupervised kid who's mother speaks no English and has no interest in disciplining him. It's really bad. No problems with the black kids or the mexican kids with supervision and parents who speak English, just the lazy ones who are there with their 10 kids all under the age of 8 who make no effort at all to interact or even check on their
kids. I made that mistake once.

To think this will be our majority in 50 years.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
S&F!

Similar things are happening in europe, with arabian and gypsy communities. They steal everything that is not chained, live only on welfare, most of them do not even look for work, just wait for the money from the government!
In america, their children at least attend school (I hope so..), but many children here simply do not. Teen pregnancy is a norm among them, and lots of gypsies cannot speak slovak, even though they live here for many generations! And their numbers are increasing exponentialy...

Of course there are some of them who lead a normal life, and I have a deep respect for those, more so because of the environment they had to pull themselves out of.

But I am certain that if we wont do something, western civilization will sooner or later end up like Rome did two thousands years ago. Invaded by barbarians, in a new dark age!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join