It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this happening to anyone else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just to give a referance, I want everyone to know I am a 6ft, 190 man. I have been compassionate all my life but just in the past year or so something has changed in me. My emotions are going crazy. I get choked up at the drop of a hat. I can get angry at the drop of a hat. I have never been one to cry, but lately everything is getting to me. Whether it be sad, happy, or gross. I never use to be like this but it seems my emotions are out of my control. The simplest thing can get me choked up and almost cry. I don't know where its coming from. For example, I was watching "Angel" with my 7 year old and there was a fight seen. I thought is was kinda cool so I paused it and was telling my boy what was going on. I got choked up over that. I could be watching "Extreme Home Make Over" and get choked up, I could be anywhere now and get choked up. Something in me has changed and is making me super duper emotional. It's like I can feel peoples pain or happiness. I don't know what to make of it, but I know this isn't how I have always been. For some reason my emotions seem to have been amplified. Has anyone else experienced this???

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If this is effecting your quality of life, or if for some other reason you percieve these experiences as negative, you should have a mental health evaluation. It doesn't mean your crazy, but if you don't like what you are feeling there are ways to level you out that aren't bad. It's very difficult to diagnose yourself, especially with anything psychological, so I would be careful about googling this stuff and trying to come up with an answer on your own. Ultimately it will either be something that you have to address, or something that you don't have to address. In the latter case maybe posting on ATS out of idle curiousity is enough, and the answers you get here plus whatever else you can find on the internet will satisfy you. However, if it is something that you feel needs to be addressed, the sooner you involve mental health professionals the better. You won't be made to do anything you don't want to, so it really couldn't hurt. Be careful about taking the advice of laypeople too seriously.

Edit to add: What I mean by being careful about taking the advice of laypeople is essentially this: anyone who tries to diagnose you based on your post doesn't know what they are doing.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by OnceReturned]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Maybe your testosterone levels are getting low enough for reality to come back into focus...

IMO teens should be told that testosterone is a drug, and that after puberty everything will disappear except for the next piece of (deleted)..

40 years later i suddenly found 'life' coming back into focus...kindah like you describe...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There are so many seemingly unrelated unknowns. This could be something limited to you. This could be caused by anything.

*It could be a change in your eating habits (including, but not limited to, a change in the hormones given to any animal products you might consume, or a change in how much of that kind of food you're eating, it could be a change in how much caffeine or sugar you are consuming, etc.)

*A change in the the level/type of prescription drugs in your local water supply

*Or it could be that you're not getting enough of a particular nutrient

*It could be a change in the amount of physical activity you take part in

*It could be due to EMF exposure

*It could even be something in your subconscious, some kind of realization that you haven't consciously acknowledged very deeply

*Or some kind of hormonal imbalance (these are not limited to women)

And it could be something else, but those are some things to consider or not. Good luck with everything!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As with most posters, I advise you to seek medical attention

This could just be a hormonal issue, or a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Most likely just that, but could be a sign of a deeper issue.

Have you changed food recently, or has the food changed?

If it is a deeper issue, which is anyones guess, you shouldn't take a chance go see a doctor, and don't be embarrassed about it!

You can search here, we've all had things we're unsure if we should go to a doctor about, hell, if I hadn't about a year ago i'd only have one eye!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
Just to give a referance, I want everyone to know I am a 6ft, 190 man. I have been compassionate all my life but just in the past year or so something has changed in me. My emotions are going crazy. I get choked up at the drop of a hat. I can get angry at the drop of a hat. I have never been one to cry, but lately everything is getting to me. Whether it be sad, happy, or gross. I never use to be like this but it seems my emotions are out of my control. The simplest thing can get me choked up and almost cry. I don't know where its coming from. For example, I was watching "Angel" with my 7 year old and there was a fight seen. I thought is was kinda cool so I paused it and was telling my boy what was going on. I got choked up over that. I could be watching "Extreme Home Make Over" and get choked up, I could be anywhere now and get choked up. Something in me has changed and is making me super duper emotional. It's like I can feel peoples pain or happiness. I don't know what to make of it, but I know this isn't how I have always been. For some reason my emotions seem to have been amplified. Has anyone else experienced this???

Maybe you're turning into a woman?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's because you're 6 ft....if you were 6 ft 1 it wouldnt be happening.

J/K. Well, if you're over 35 your test is prolly dropping some, but i wouldnt think it would cause such a huge change.
I dunno dude........do you work-out?
That helps with EVERYTHING. I know after an intense session of squats/deadlifts, the hormonal rush seems to make everything alright.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

It is happening to me too. Last week, C M Punk and Luke Gallows (WWE) came to the ring. Punk spoke of his "straight edge society". A girl jumped out of the audience and was hysterical and had to be led away by security.

Punk calls her back. In tears, she explains she needs help. He asks her to accept the straight edge way of life. She accepts and he shaves her head.

Quite literally there were tears of joy on my face. Then I threw back another 2 oz. shot of vodka. Nice spot.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Just a little taste of what PMS feels like.

Seriously. Just add some physical discomfort, the occasional rage, and you'll have the complete picture.

You'll probably start feeling better on your own. If you don't or if it gets worse, might want to mention it to your doc. I would if it bothered me.

[edit on 1/28/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The very reason you came to this website,is because you sense that something is not right,nothing is as it seams.Your true SELF is coming to the surface,it is the very SELF you have been searching for your whole life.
You are waking up,from the deep sleep that have been in.

Be true to your SELF,its a good thing.

"I dont believe that racism exsists, but because someone else does that will effect me"

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No one can know whats happening to you simply from guessing. I am guessing that you have reached a higher spiritual awareness and have "AWAKENED" to whats really important in life. Try not to get depressed by it but because your empath sensitivities have awakened you will have the grace of a deeper compassion. Yes it is happening to so many as the electromagnetic fields and vibrational levels are changeing now. More truths will come to you and may mess with your sence of sanity because you realize that it has all been a lie, meaning what you thought was reality is in fact an illusion. Never let anyone accuse you of being nuts or loseing it. Search your inner most being and grasp these new truths. My most important suggestion is when you get to the God issue, dont become disenchanted but realize that the God of the Bible is not the prime creator and go from there. peace and love to you in your journey.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a rise in estrogen to me. Have you been eating soy?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Can be many differentb things but on thing is for sure and that is something is off...

These things can happen after an intens emotional experiance...post trauma is a big word but in these proportions you should think.

If somebody quits drugs or somekind of anti-depression drug these things also can happen.

Or what other commenters say that for some undifined reason your hormone balance got shifted. Try to eat healthy stuff and if it will continue go see a docter.

I hope that you will soon be yourself again ..cheers.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What I've noticed in many people on ATS claiming that they're having various emotional problems is that the beginning date roughly coincides with their registration date! This could just be a coincidence, but I've seen this time and time again.

It could be that you're emotionally overwhelmed from taking in all the information from conspiracy theorists. I'm not joking. This place can be time and energy consuming. Who in their right mind wouldn't be flipped in the beginning of learning that the world they thought existed never was? I went through a psychotic breakdown in 2007 when I first got deep into this all. It actually took me a few months of listening To Alex Jones and watching the most bizarre videos on utube before I finally cracked. My mind was too open, too succeptable to influences.

I think it may be in your best interest to take a break from ATS. When you come back, carefully consider every topic, and attempt to rationally analyze the probability of it's validity. It takes some time, but after being here for a couple of years I've learned which topics to not even consider. Some of these may be true, but it does me no good to waste my time on topics which can't be even slightly proven one way or another.

Oh yeah, none of this may be applicable to you in the slightest. I was just going off a hunch. Sorry for wasting your time, if you find this not to be the case.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the human condition my friend.

I'd say it's natural, whatever the cause. And look on the bright side, it's better than feeling apathetic isn't it? NOT being able to feel emotional about things would drive me crazy I know that.

Remember to breathe, it makes it feel "right" whether happy or sad and offers a moment of reflection.

Good luck.

[edit on 28/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
might be empathy, might be stress, crying is a great stress relief, thats why the ladies do it a lot, they know, also, its cheaper than a shrink.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You're not alone, many people have been experiencing a similar change over a few years. Males and females.

For instance, when some great thing happens to another person I feel it strongly, when a brilliant voice sings it can effect me, the original Paul Potts discovery brought me to tears, etc.

I think the being brought to tears over something good happening is possibly the rise of our inner Joy, because they are tears of joy we experience, and yet they are far stronger than anything experienced before. Hence why we find it uncomfortable and think there is something wrong with us.

The anger could be your own from things not done or missed out on in life, it could be a response to what you are seeing in the world.. your personal world and the wider world around you, or it could be you feeling other peoples stuff if you are becoming Empathic

I am a 50 year old male, and have joked for a number of years about starting Male menapause. I get hot flushes, occasional emotional phases, some anger, etc, but no one takes it seriously because, "Men don't get that", apparently. Still, I haven't had the urge for a red sports car and 20 something year old girlfriend, yet.

By all means go speak with your Doctor about it to at least clear it from your mind that you have sought professional help. I would stay clear of the mental health industry based only on its own premise that its theories are fact and it knows better about everything, plus the push for medication instead of healthy diet, etc.

Good luck with it and ignore those who took the chance to wise-crack or belittle you for this.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I want to make it clear I don't view this as negative. I don't think I need a doctor to fix anything. Like one post said, I would rather be too compassionate then apathetic. I just know that this is not the norm. Or at least not the norm from what I am use too. I wonder if this is something that happens to people as they get older. No matter what it is, I feel kinda lucky. Being compassionate is a good thing IMO.
But I do know a change has taken place in me.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You mentioned that you have children. This site contains a great amount of gloom and doom threads and apocalyptic 2012 scenarios. Are you worried about your children and their future as a result of all this conjecture? I think anyone would be. I know that men often have a hard time admitting to having depression because they deem that as a 'woman' thing. It's not true though. My doctor says that men can get depressed just as much as women can, but oftentimes men either deny it or are too embarrassed to talk about it. I'd go to the doctor if I were as concerned about my emotions as you seem to be. There's no shame in it at all. You may not be only helping yourself but your loved ones as well. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've read quite a few articles on the benefits of crying. One group did research analysis on the tear composition from different emotional releases. That is tears from eyes watering say from foreign matter or like onions, tears of joy laughter or happiness, and then finally tears of sorrow.

They found that the tears of foreign matter in the eyes for flushing had very little in them similar to saline, while the tears of joy and sorrow had quantities of toxins in them. So crying is a way of detoxifying the body naturally. And provides practical reasoning why one "feels" better after a good cry.

I found this to be fascinating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join