It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Trips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Anyone planning any fun road trips coming up? I recently started doing some work with Lexus Magazine and they have a cool road trip section on there site with some good itineraries including the Outer Banks. I've been to the Outer Banks before but one of there stops is Jockey’s Ridge State Park...have you guys seen this place? These sand dunes are ridiculous. For those who have been, is it worth it?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I love the OB!!!

Pretty much all of North carolina is beautiful. My favorite hiking/driving is along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
My fiance' and I might be doing a survival trip around that area soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RealOrNot

In March my GF and I are planning a fishing trip to San Carlos Mexico [16hrs] and perhaps driving up and down the west coast of Mexico looking for those little out of the way beaches, as yet unspoiled and undeveloped.

But the main thing that will make this a special trip is driving her 380SL convertable.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Wow, you cant beat that!!

Trips in convertables are the best.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I love the OB!!!

Pretty much all of North carolina is beautiful. My favorite hiking/driving is along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
My fiance' and I might be doing a survival trip around that area soon.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is lovely! But watch out for Hanging Gardens, lol! The platinum plate and screws in my ankle are from a tumble I took there, down a slippery slope... Ah, the memories... What an amazing view I had from my hospital room, though!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is nothing like road tripping in a convertible. It's definitely one of the better ways to experience all the scenery that some of the highways offer. Another good trip from the magazine that I would love to do is through Big Sur, California. Coastal views and winerys...count me in. There are just so many places I want to go to!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealOrNot
There are just so many places I want to go to!

Then let me extend an invitation for you to experience the wonderful "Turquoise Trail" here in the Land of Enchantment.

www.turquoisetrail.org...

Just one of many great trips here in the high desert.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The place I want to get back to for a longer visit is Newfoundland. My husband and I had a mere two weeks to visit a few years ago, and mostly just had time to see the Avalon Peninsula.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
AAA is a great resource for planning trips. Their recommendations and endorsements are always spot on, and I like their maps.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealOrNot
There is nothing like road tripping in a convertible. It's definitely one of the better ways to experience all the scenery that some of the highways offer. Another good trip from the magazine that I would love to do is through Big Sur, California. Coastal views and winerys...count me in. There are just so many places I want to go to!

You will be so sick at the end of the day you will not want to do it again.
The coast highway there is so winding that almost everyone gets motion sickness while driving on it.

If you can move at all.It has become so popular that it is usually bumper to bumper.Mostly old retired people driving their motor homes about 20 miles an hour because they are scared to go faster.

Your better bet is Monterrey and drive down to Pebble Beach.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know the traffic was that bad...very good to know.

new topics

top topics

join