It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Fails to Rally Progressive Base in 'Tepid' Address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nobody is happy with this guy!

Speaking at a point when the year-long effort to enact fundamental health-care reforms has stumbled badly -- in the face of united Republican opposition, wrangling between House and Senate Democrats and unfocused messaging from the president -- Obama made a renewed effort to find the common ground that has eluded almost everyone in Washington. Remarkably, the president clung to the hope for bipartisanship that was dashed at every turn in 2009 -- either with outright rejection by the "party of 'no'" or, worse yet, via compromises that handed ultimate authority over policy-making to Republican senators who diverted stimulus funding from job creation to tax cuts for the rich and Democrat-In-Name-Only Ben Nelson and Republican-In-Everything-But-Name Joe Lieberman, who forced the Senate to scrap the public option that was needed to challenge the grip of health insurance companies

link

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Did you see the "before" and "after" poll results last night? While everybody predicted the speech was going to be DOA, Obama bounced by almost 20%.

Not so shabby in my book.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I did not and could you please provide those?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
According to this on RCP his approval went down two tenths of a point from the 27th to the 28th. www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by buddhasystem

I did not and could you please provide those?

These were the numbers on TV screen, I read off some channel right after teh address.

new topics

top topics

join