It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binaural Beats, OBE's and Astral Travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello there fellow ATS' members,

I have recently started to get into meditation and the use of Binaural Beats and tones, I have heard they they are supposed to get the listener into a deep, relaxed meditative state. I was listening to some last night and got fairly relaxed and slowly felt myself sinking down, but that is as far as I can usually get.

I have heard that they can induce OBE's and Astral Travel experiences, I have previously had a few instances where I have had an OBE naturally but these experiences have only ever lasted a few minutes at most.

I have had full body vibrations before, followed by some extremely strange "disconnecting" feelings before, however this was a good few months ago. Now, depsite my best efforts I am having some great difficulty getting into these vibrational states again. Does anyone have any tips or advice, or know why I am unable to progress any further?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First off well done for discovering and using binaural beats many people are not aware of them. Secondly I wanted to say that you will not induce bilocation if your mind/self is desperately wanting it.

Can I ask how long you have been using binaural beats? and when did you start meditating?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yes you are probably correct about bilocation not happening when you desperately want it, as I do... It's an interesting experience that I have had before and would very much like to repaet, so I suppose what you are saying is don't expect anything and just go with the flow?

I've only started using Binaural Beats within the last few days, although I have been aware of their existance for quite a few months. As for meditating I have been doing it unconsciously/unkowingly for quite a few years when I am in bed before I sleep and often induce Lucid Dreaming, I have had Lucid Dreams since I was a child. But, I have been making a conscious effort to meditate for the last few weeks.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Binaural beats are the way forward but BEWARE, just the other day I thought I would listen to some binaural beats to see where I go before sleep and it was terrible, after my little voyage, I tried to sleep, my body was completely knackered but my mind was well awake.

I personally have never had a 100% conscious OBE, however, I have had many unexplained experiences, this is the reason I am what I am today. I can say without conviction that you are on the right path, anyone that discovers binaural beats is being shown the way unwittingly.

What I do want to say is trust noone or anything, always ask for some kind of validation. this will seperate the visualisations from the manifestations.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think the best way to look at it is to not expect anything. I've tried meditating, personally I don't enjoy it very often. Usually very alien and intense.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I had a similar problem when working with binaural beats. It might be similar in your case, but here were a few things that prevented me from going any farther.

-No idea once I got to a relaxed state. This was a problem because when I got to a "relaxed" state, I had a "okay, I'm here...but what do I do now?" moment.

-Fear. This is a big issue, because you might have a fear deep down that you thought you eliminated.

-Boredom. This was another big one with me. For whatever reason, if I listen to something for a long time, the mind tends to get bored and starts to daydream. The easy solution is to not make it part of a daily routine.

What I can recommend is that you try finding a few exercises that do not require binaural beats, and try the basic routine (below):

1-Do the exercises with the binaural beats for a couple [insert unit of time, I recommend weeks, but it's up to you]

2:After that, if you find that you aren't getting results, take a break for something like a week, or just a few days.

3: Do the exact same exercises for the same time amount...but this time without the binaural beats...theoretically, you should be able to get almost the same results.

4: repeat steps 1-3
NOTE: Feel free to add or remove anything.

The method above is the result of a "scientific" study I did on using hemi-sync (or music or binaural beats) to assist in achieving astral projection (OBEs). The end result of the experiment: 3 OBEs, 2 of them within days of each other at the start of the experiment.

The part of the experiment that is similar is that as it went on, the effectiveness of the audio started to decline.

Here's the entire experiment(scroll down when you click the link):Audio-Induced OBE Experiment results

You also might want to try a guided session. There are a few mentioned in the article I posted.

Hope this helps some
-fossilera

[edit on 28-1-2010 by fossilera]

[edit on 28-1-2010 by fossilera]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Its all about a relaxed state of being, bilocation or any type of 'alien' experience will only happen if you are relaxed.

So many people jump on meditation as something fun and new to experience, however after their 'experience, fear creeps in and that plays on the mind everytime they become relaxed. The first time I had an 'experience' it scared me for about 2-3 days, after that I confronted the experience using a higher state of awareness, and since then (touch wood) my experiences have changed for the good.

Whenever people ask me about meditation I always say relaxation is the key. Embrace life outside of the box with your whole being

Of course, it means nothing to people who haven't meditated in their life

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I can't really meditate no matter how much I try, my minds too noisy and won't shut off even if I just try to count my breaths.
I also have and still use Binaural beats regularly every other night, last night was a bit of difference , I'll explain.
I bought an apple app that has binaural beats, its not a typcally brilliant program, but its noise I can fall asleep to. Anyway I woke up about 2 am this morning and went to the loo, there I have a online pamplet I printed on OOB'ing, and I read for a couple of minutes and there was a passage there about trying as long as possible to keep your arm up vertically, from your elbow upwards otherwise anyone you share the bed with will think your trying to ask a question.
A couple of times my arm started to drop and the idea is to keep it up as long as you can and make yourself overtired.
So anyway a couple of more times later I roll over onto my left side ( the book said this as well) and as soon as I started to fall asleep I started to feel like an OOBe was coming on.
It's difficult to explain, the body starts to vibrate , noises start in your ears and you feel 'disconnected' for lack of a better term, this went on for a few minutes on 2 very quick successive occasions. pow - pow.
I didn't OOBE but it was a start and something I will try again tonight, but this time I was actually in the right frame of mind and as the OOBE was starting I said to myself " I am not afraid, I will remain calm and enjoy the experience".
But unfortunately I didn't quite get the full OOBE like I have in the past, but I will keep trying.
Binaural beats are helpful only if they work, the best one make my whole body feel as if it was tingling, quite pleasant in a way.
As far as I know there are no quaranteed binaural beats that work, maybe the best thing you can do is get a program that allows you to make your own, and try and find the right frequency for you, there are lots of frequency charts online.

My program is this one :
www.transparentcorp.com...

and a near comprehensive frequency chart is :
www.greatdreams.com...
www.electroherbalism.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've just been listening to some Binaural beats, here's what I experienced. I started off by relaxing and keeping 100% still and then after about 5-7 minutes after that I was getting a strange all over body sensation, kind of hard to describe it really, it definately wasn't any vibrations. I had my eyes closed and it was like looking at a flat, black movie screen, then the music got more intense, here comes the interesting part, the "flat black movie screen" stopped being flat and it felt like it encompassed my whole vision, like I was a small black sphere and I could see all of it. What I found interesting was when the musical notes got louder and changed pitch I experienced a sort of visual ripple effect, like dropping a stone into a pond... only two of them, one for each eye... I couldn't see any colours but I had the feeling of occasional alternating green and blue flashes when the musical notes were at their loudest and most intense.

Do any experienced people here have an interpretation of tonights experience?

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Thank you very much for the links, I downloaded the Binaural beats program however my computer is too slow to used it properly! Which is unfortunate.

The binaurals that I find most effective tend to be the higher frequency one's and also when the pitch suddenly changes has an effect on me

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
I've just been listening to some Binaural beats, here's what I experienced. I started off by relaxing and keeping 100% still and then after about 5-7 minutes after that I was getting a strange all over body sensation, kind of hard to describe it really, it definately wasn't any vibrations. I had my eyes closed and it was like looking at a flat, black movie screen, then the music got more intense, here comes the interesting part, the "flat black movie screen" stopped being flat and it felt like it encompassed my whole vision, like I was a small black sphere and I could see all of it. What I found interesting was when the musical notes got louder and changed pitch I experienced a sort of visual ripple effect, like dropping a stone into a pond... only two of them, one for each eye... I couldn't see any colours but I had the feeling of occasional alternating green and blue flashes when the musical notes were at their loudest and most intense.

Do any experienced people here have an interpretation of tonights experience?

This is just my interpretation and could be completely wrong but I'm firmly believe the pineal gland produced first the black screen. I consider it the minds eye. Once relaxed you turn your focus inward and it feels like you have now become emerged in that black screen like it's all around you. That's just you flipping your focus to the inside..

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Yes, I think you may well be correct! I've not been doing meditation long, so is this a sign that I am developing and that I will get more and more in future?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know of a good FREE source for Binaural beats, I've looked about and all I can find are the odd sample here and there, some tone generators and the one's that are on youtube. Any help would be much appreciated!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

You should check out I-Doser. It's a fun little application with a bunch of binaural beats, many are supposed to simulate the effects of mind-altering drugs, but there are also meditation, sleep, and relaxing ones. It's not free, but if you just go to a torrent site and type in I-Doser, you never know what you might find...

(note: follow my advice at your own risk)

Cheers,
NEXUS

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi there,

i've been meditating for a while now, and tried using Binaural Beats and Isochronic tones.

To be honest i've only ever found that they induce sleep, and nothing else.

Maybe others have had other experiences.

I've had the best meditation success just in a quiet room in peace.

g

[edit on 2-2-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Simple doing will produce effects. Just remember to take it slow, clear your mind and don't expect anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would encourage some care for protection of your body while engaged in an OBE. I mean both protection in the material realm and also protection of your body from astral intruders (of various sorts and types). The Monroe Institute in Virginia has an affirmation/prayer that is said before these 'trips' that is something at the bare minimum you should do.

Now from my perspective I would say ask your guardian angels and any angels God would send to protect the integrity of your physical body and to aid you in having the OBE experience. I have known a few people who have tried it this way and were successful. One friend was not successful because having no underlying faith the invitation to the angels was merely words and it seems faith or confidence in whatever one says as a prayer or mantra is very important.

One word of caution if you have any element or sense of fear, stop what you are trying to do. Fear takes us waking or sleeping to places that are harmful for us body and soul/astral body too.

I offered this in the hope of being helpful to the OP in some way.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

My own personal experience is that binary beats can be useful. For a while I was heavily in to nootropics, I would buy a bulk order of a new one every pay check. Piracetam in mix with binary beats can be amazingly fun. I would start with one thought and spider web out for hours, it was kinda like dreaming but not.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I used some stuff like that, and at first it was great. Then it brought up a bunch of repressed emotional junk, and that actually probably was good in the long run. At the time though it was difficult. I have had several experiences in recent months as I just started seriously meditating. I have been terrified several times. Several times prescences visited. Some felt threatening, and some just appeared to be watching. One was extremely terrifying where some thing came up my chest and in my face. Scary #. I didnt sleep for days. I found when unwanted prescences come prayer, and loving thoughts help. Maybe it is just me though. For all I know none of the things were bad. They were just me freakin out to other levels of conciousness and awareness. Either way. Good luck. Lots of people have great success with those things. There is one called Dive. Google video Holosync Dive and the asian google video site has it. I forgot what its called. There are realms of astral travel I havent even begun to dabble into. Whole realms of places and beings to learn from. Good Luck and keep love in your heart. The mind creates an abyss and the heart crosses it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is all very good OOBE info. I've been trying for a while, and I'm beginning to immerse myself in related literature so that my subconscious is full of this stuff, which I heard you're supposed to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join