It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Off Deadbeat: People Get Into Debt, Learn the Law, Become "Credit Terrorists"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Better Off Deadbeat: People Get Into Debt, Learn the Law, Become "Credit Terrorists"

www.blacklistednews.com

Call it ironic, but the only house on the block that appears to be the foreclosed end to some sad financial story is in fact the home of one of the debt collection industry's emerging and persistent threats. Cunningham calls himself a private attorney general—someone who files private lawsuits in the public interest. Debt collectors call him a credit terrorist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is something that caught mye eye.. For those of you that are in debt.. take a look. If you are independantly financially secure.. congrats.. Anyway here is some information everyone should be aware of. You can still fight back against the debt collectors in ways possibly overlooked. I would say everyone should just stop paying.. point.. but this is even better! Not only stop paying them, but get them to start paying you!

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Cudos for this guy. The government did take our money and give it to the banks. LOTS OF IT. So I think all our debts should be wiped clean.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I really like this bit from the end of the article:

"When you or I make a mistake, they say, 'Hey, tough nuts, be smarter next time, you know, bad luck, didn't work out for ya," he says. "When the fat cats on Wall Street make a mistake, they say, 'Oh, national emergency! We've got to bail these guys out."

Since nobody has showed up to bail Cunningham out, he's decided some of the $100,000 debt he once amassed will never get paid back.

"I already paid them off," he says. "The government took my money without asking me and gave it to the banks. And since I owe the banks money, but they already got my money from the government, I say we're even."

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
GooD Post. Good read, makes a person hopeful.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've got no sympathy for people who dug their own graves. But quite a few folks got into trouble through no fault of their own. I work in finance. I felt we should have let the whole house of cards fall. My peers tell me the social fallout would have been even worse, but which degree of bad is worse. The bailout seems to me to be, "Poor taxpayers bailing out the rich taxpayers." Somewhat skewed, wouldn't you say.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There are many ways around these situations... the bankers play these games all the time..

If you've not watched Zeitgeist addendum then i suggest you take a look.

You'll be amazed at what goes on behind our backs and all the little laws that are kept hidden from our sight in order for them to retain their hold over us.

I fear no more.
I bow to no man.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What kind of world are we living in!!?? People on here are cheering the idea of not paying any more of their debts and saying " to hell with them" to all the people they borrowed from. It should come to no shock that we live in a crumbling society where unemployment is up and the desire to work hard is way down. Everyone expects a golden life to just be handed to them. Not that long ago I got myself in a world of credit card debt. I did my best to pay but eventually it snowballed and I had to file bankruptcy. I felt ashamed by giving these companies my word and then not coming through on my debt. You are the moron who had to borrow and now you are mad at the person who was willing to take a chance on you and lend you money!?????????? Look in a perfect world everything would be free, but in the real world it doesn't work that way. So at the end of the day you have to decide what type of person you are going to be. Are you going to do your best to be a man ( or woman ) of your word, or are you another leech wants it all but isnt willing to work for it? Don't borrow if you cant pay for it!!! Take some responsibility for yourself!! Bailing on your debts just raises costs and interest on the paying people!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysconspiracy

jay we all understand what you're saying. here's the deal, you will get no help, see what i mean? some of what's going on here is kinda sleezy but it's also a very important learning experience. dismissing all out this out of hand is a bad move.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
I've got no sympathy for people who dug their own graves. But quite a few folks got into trouble through no fault of their own. I work in finance. I felt we should have let the whole house of cards fall. My peers tell me the social fallout would have been even worse, but which degree of bad is worse. The bailout seems to me to be, "Poor taxpayers bailing out the rich taxpayers." Somewhat skewed, wouldn't you say.

If you "worked in finance" then you, if anyone, should know very well that our entire monetary system was setup for people to "dig their own graves." The bankers on Wall Street might as well have dug them for us.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Credit card companies are the only type of business that will charge you for making a payment. If I try and make a payment over the phone in order to not miss a payment they will charge you a fee for doing so. My new years resolution that will not be broken is, "Don't buy something you don't have the money for".

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaysconspiracy
What kind of world are we living in!!?? People on here are cheering the idea of not paying any more of their debts and saying " to hell with them" to all the people they borrowed from. It should come to no shock that we live in a crumbling society where unemployment is up and the desire to work hard is way down. Everyone expects a golden life to just be handed to them. Not that long ago I got myself in a world of credit card debt. I did my best to pay but eventually it snowballed and I had to file bankruptcy. I felt ashamed by giving these companies my word and then not coming through on my debt. You are the moron who had to borrow and now you are mad at the person who was willing to take a chance on you and lend you money!?????????? Look in a perfect world everything would be free, but in the real world it doesn't work that way. So at the end of the day you have to decide what type of person you are going to be. Are you going to do your best to be a man ( or woman ) of your word, or are you another leech wants it all but isnt willing to work for it? Don't borrow if you cant pay for it!!! Take some responsibility for yourself!! Bailing on your debts just raises costs and interest on the paying people!

I would just like to point out that your entire point of view is flawed from a gross lack of knowledge as to how loans actually work. When someone gives you a "loan" they are in no way "taking a chance on you." In fact, it is quite the opposite, the money loaned by a bank, or whomever, does not come out of their existing assets. Loans are the basis for new money creation.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Okay, once again I will post this.... Here is ho wit works, the credit card companies give you NO MONEY!!! The give you NOTHING but a plastic card to purchase things you don't need. This is exactly what happened in 1929 and started the great depression. People were given loans to buy stock and then used that to buy more stock. Then the Banksters collapsed the stock market and reaped the rewards of all the little investors. Nobody knew it was all A FRAUD!!

It is happening today, with credit card companies. You don't owe them anything, you did not have full disclosure of the agreemnet and there is NO CONTRACT. Corporations CAN NOT sign contracts with flesh and blood people. What do you not understand? Read the link, you'll get it.

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

www.spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

The next day a woman rang me requesting a session of Rapid Eye Technology (energy healing). Her anxiety was that the IRS had been confiscating her husband’s veterans benefits to settle her ‘debt’ with
them. All I could tell her, from my years of studying $$$, taxes, etc. was, “You know there is no law compelling you to pay tax on your income.” She DID know! I was delighted. I also told her, “If it makes
you feel any better, you’re not alone – the credit card banks think I owe them $40,000. I know that I don’t really owe them, I just don’t know how to prove it.”

Lo and behold, she said, “You just send the letters.” I leapt from my chair – my prayer had indeed been answered – ask and ye shall receive. She then produced a series of letters, the drift of which was to request
the bank to provide me with three things:
1. validation of the debt (the actual accounting);
2. verification of their claim against me (a sworn affidavit or even just a signed invoice); and,
3. a copy of the contract binding both parties.
I was to write that I would be happy to pay any financial obligation I might lawfully owe as soon as I received these three documents. The banks can’t validate the debt because they never sustained a loss; they can’t verify any claim against me because I am not the NAME they are billing – more on this later. They can’t produce a copy of the contract because one doesn’t exist. What exists is an unenforceable unilateral contract. What the banks refer to as ‘your contract with us’ is not a valid bilateral agreement since the four requirements of a lawful, binding contract were not met on the credit card ‘application’, namely:
1. Full Disclosure (we are not told that we are creating the credit with our signature);
2. Equal Consideration (they bring nothing to the table, hence they have nothing to lose);
3. Lawful Terms and Conditions (they are based upon fraud); and
4. Signatures of the Parties/ Meeting of the Minds (corporations can’t sign because they have no right, or
mind, to contract as they are legal fictions). Credit cards are win/ win for the banks and lose/ lose for
everyone else – it is the slickest con game on the planet.

Also read this link, and PLEASE READ IT!!!!

www.rumormillnews.com...

Redemption: A Practical Course in Miracles 4

www.the7thfire.com...

If everyone would just take the time to read these links and use some common sense we could stop the con game NOW!!! It is as simple as filing some paperwork, people say "well, I don't believe I am a part of that so why should I do anything?" Well, YOU are a corporate slave UNTIL "YOU" tell them different, you MUST step forward and CLAIM YOURSELF!!

Man, I just don't get what everyone is afraid of, the power is within each of you, do not live in fear, that only feeds their egos!!! TPTB have the power they have because YOU gave it to them, take it back, use it yourself. What a wonderful world it would be if you all just woke up and stopped living in fear. File a UCC-1 with your State Department and you can do it online even!! That is the out, file a Common Law lien and all your property is YOURS, no more taxes and user fees, the government is totally self sufficient with the taxes they are SUPPOSED to impose on industry but don't because the gullible people are so generous the corporations pay NOTHING!!!! GET IT YET?!!

What else can I say? Read the links and get a clue, got questions, ask. DON'T hire a lawyer or ask one, they are all traitors and crooks!! The original 13th amendment would have kept them out of Congress!!! Research that!!

FYI, I have done this and am debt free and own my home outright. I know the Law. It is FOR us.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

Actually, lots of companies charge you a fee for paying your bills.. My electric company Progress Energy of Florida charges $3.95.. Citi Financial who I finance my car through charges $14.95 to pay over the phone.. Bright House Networks, my cable provider charges $3-$5 to pay over the phone...

It's called a 'convenience' fee, and it's not very convenient! It's just another way to make an extra buck.

On another note...

S&F for this thread, great find OP! I'm going to do some more researching, and see if we can actually make this a case. Could you imagine the ruckus we could cause?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What kind of world are we living in!!?? People on here are cheering the idea of not paying any more of their debts and saying " to hell with them" to all the people they borrowed from. It should come to no shock that we live in a crumbling society where unemployment is up and the desire to work hard is way down. Everyone expects a golden life to just be handed to them.

I agree with you, people who get a loan, should always try to do their very best to pay it off as soon as they can. A loan is a big responsibility.

BUT, I would very much like to point out 2 things :

1- Isn`t it completely unfair that even when you work day in, day out, week after week that you cannot afford the most basic things like a home or a decent education ? No one should have to take a loan for such things, but in this day and age there is just no other option.

2-

the desire to work hard is way down.
- You find this strange ? Almost none of the people who work 9 to 5 jobs feel that their work supports their survival. They work because they simply have to. If people would get a sense of fullfillment at the end of the day by realising they have worked so that they could survive - live, their desire to work would also increase.

I`m not trying to shake your cage, I`m just trying to show some empathy...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You should not make such assumptions as to say that I have " a gross lack of knowledge as to how loans actually work." Truth is that I'm a portfolio manager for a finance company and know exactly how it works. Its the field I've been in since I was 22 ( and at that time nearing my own financial idiocy hence the bankruptcy I mentioned ). I know how finances work and I know how collections work. My knowledge of the industry is irrelevant to the topic at hand. I understand the gripe since I'm a part of the dirty world most of these complaints are aimed at, but that doesn't negate the need for personal financial responsibility.
Case in point : there is a "Buy here pay here" car dealership near me who caters to people who cannot get approved anywhere else since their credit is horrible. They charge the customer 14 thousand for a car worth 5 thousand and then they turn them over to a finance company such as mine that charges them 14 to 18 percent interest!! On one side this poor person is clearly being taken advantage of since we all know they can't get a car loan from anyone else. BUT the flip side is that this person needs to grow up and make better decisions. There are other choices sometimes. These people with bad credit usually have to drop thousands down as a down payment to get approved. If they were being responsible they would go buy a used car from craigslist for that 2 thousand instead of wanting the pretty looking car for 14 thousand!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

That's funny. They tell you to set up automatic payments via the internet etc. I've gone back to sending the check through the mail.It's almost as though they don't want you to pay them.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysconspiracy

The Little Red Hen, ever heard of it? What YOU do not understand is that the banks are all a fraud, you never borrowed anything but more debt.

Here's how it works, the credit card companies and banks give you cards, every time you use that card it produces a reciept, that slip of paper is sent to the federal reserve and they crank up the presses and print more money becuase that reciept was YOUR authorization to print more fiat currency. Understand? I didn't think so.

Here's another one, the definition of "closing" is that all business is complete, done, the transaction is closed. So when you buy a home and do this, the home is yours, complete. BUT, you signed a promisory note, you don't KNOW you did, but you did. This was a promise to pay the mortgage company your hard earned money, not for the loan, there was no loan. They put it in a seperate account in a bank. When you are done paying off the home or go to sell it, they send a letter to the IRS stating that someone put money into this account, they do not know who, but if in 90 days no one claims it, can we keep it. What do you think the IRS response is? and the IRS takes a cut.

I could go on with examples but I think you get the idea, I hope anyway. THEY are scamming YOU. You do not owe anything. When you were born, a Bond was issued in your name in all capital letters, a corporate fiction, and was traded for $1,000,000 to the federal reserve, so they could print money. See people never did figure out how all that money got into circulation. And guess what, the bail outs were because they had printed so much money from all the transactions taking place, they had to get rid of it!!! And guess who got it!!!!! There is a trust account in your name in the U.S. Treasury, it's call a Treasury Direct Account, YOU have to claim it!! It's based on your birth certificate and the serial number, your SSN is your international slave ID number.

When you claim your account, you write off all your debt, you have robably $15-50 million dollars sitting in there. You have been sold many times on the international stock market. Think this is all BS, read the links I provided above in my previous post, one is written by a judge for pete's sake. Many people knwo this and have filed. What are you waiting for? READ.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

I would just like to point out that your entire point of view is flawed from a gross lack of knowledge as to how loans actually work. When someone gives you a "loan" they are in no way "taking a chance on you." In fact, it is quite the opposite, the money loaned by a bank, or whomever, does not come out of their existing assets. Loans are the basis for new money creation.

OK,,,,, So if "the money loaned by a bank, or whomever, does not come out of their existing assets." then where is it coming from in the end?? I know a man who just retired who ran a finance company for years. Did he borrow from banks to build his business? Yes. Was it ultimately his butt if the loan went belly up? Yes. Was it then his personal money that had to cover that debt? Yes.......... Again, people need to take responsibility for what they are doing....

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunatyx

What kind of world are we living in!!?? People on here are cheering the idea of not paying any more of their debts and saying " to hell with them" to all the people they borrowed from. It should come to no shock that we live in a crumbling society where unemployment is up and the desire to work hard is way down. Everyone expects a golden life to just be handed to them.

I agree with you, people who get a loan, should always try to do their very best to pay it off as soon as they can. A loan is a big responsibility.

BUT, I would very much like to point out 2 things :

1- Isn`t it completely unfair that even when you work day in, day out, week after week that you cannot afford the most basic things like a home or a decent education ? No one should have to take a loan for such things, but in this day and age there is just no other option.

2-

the desire to work hard is way down.
- You find this strange ? Almost none of the people who work 9 to 5 jobs feel that their work supports their survival. They work because they simply have to. If people would get a sense of fullfillment at the end of the day by realising they have worked so that they could survive - live, their desire to work would also increase.

I`m not trying to shake your cage, I`m just trying to show some empathy...

I totally agree with your point that we live in a tough world where we are working our butts off and still struggling to get by.. Unless you are the fortunate rich, then its pretty much a guarantee that both husband and wife have to work to support their family. And yea that does bother me, but I'm not ready to pin the cost of living changes on why people are getting lazy. Thats a opinion topic that has many sides. I'd say we are spoiled living easy compared to my grandfather who had to go out and pick potatoes for his lunch. People a hundred years ago had life so hard that an 8 hour work day would be a joke. But they'd appreciate the benefits of doing it so much that they'd keep working hard. It almost feels to me that some people expect the hand outs to be there for them whether they work or not or regardless on how hard they work.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join