It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Toronto Cop Jailed for Sex Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Former Toronto Cop Jailed for Sex Crimes

www.thestar.com

For eight years a former decorated Toronto Police officer committed dozens of sexual acts against children and young teens, all of them friends of his young daughters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here's the worst part:

Justice Peter Wilkie sentenced the 53-year-old to a year in a provincial jail for sexual offences...

A year? A friggin year? This punishment is not even 1/50th of what he should have been sentenced. This man is a former police officer, someone who was charged with our very protection and he abused not only the public trust, but many innocent children over a period of YEARS.

And this so-called Justice has the gall to sentence this sociopathic pedophile to a year in protective custody in a provincial jail. This is outrageous and disgusting.

This is exactly the problem with the Canadian Justice System: victims' lives and innocence are worth nothing. Commit murder, get out in 7 years. Molest children while you used to be a police officer, get a year in jail.

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Only a year??

In Canada, there is a judge in a city just a 20 min drive from here. He does the same, and still is off the hook. The father of the abused is really depressed becasue the mother wont do anything about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that judge gave this man that sentence.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Could the light sentence be because he's a cop?

Here in the US its not uncommon for cops to get off with very little or no punishment for offenses a regular citizen would much harsher punishment for.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Our justice system is weak on punishments all around. As for him being a cop having something to do with it? Its possible I suppose though I don't really know. I can only speculate. I would imagine it happens as the police are a gang and stick together even the good ones don't speak out when one of their number breaks the law.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If this happened in Afghanistan the relatives of the victim would shoot the perpetrator (and the judge...and anyone that defended and supported him). I'm sure no one would have the guts to do works like that again.

Sometimes I wonder who is the civilised and where does justice really lie?

The criminal justice system is in a phase of giving lenient penalties to pedophiles and the like simply because they are criminals themselves involved in similar crimes and they need to send a message to the psychos that you can join the police and get away with anything. By sending out this message, like minded psychos will line up to join law enforcement.

The police do not want good, honest, law abiding employees, they want fellow criminals that wont hesitate to cart western civilians to FEMA camps when the order is given.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree a year is nothing. However, he will probably be beat and raped while he is in jail. Pedos get exactly what they give when they go to jail.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
I agree a year is nothing. However, he will probably be beat and raped while he is in jail. Pedos get exactly what they give when they go to jail.

Which he will most probably ENJOY and then he will be out again to wreak havoc on children's innocence once again with a big dirty smile on his face.

People don;t have the courage to go after such perpetrators that have done this to their children let alone stand up against the government. This is the case because otherwise pedophile would want to STAY in prison for fear of retribution.

If these people aren't terrorists I don't know who is.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
From the original link provided by the OP:

A few parents of his victims knew what he had done but never reported his actions because they didn't want to ruin his career. Others feared reprisals from fellow officers.

Is there anyone here that wouldn't do anything to protect a child ?
If a parent had knowledge of this and failed to report it, that alone is a crime in Canada.

Sad.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join