It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different Political Parties? Please help me understand.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you want to take another quiz go to www.lp.org

That's the libertarian website ...

You will learn more about their politics and what they believe in.

Their so honest, we need more people like that in this downward spiraling world...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
[Edited on 5/28/2004 by Venus]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
But, unless you're English ( since they seem to be down right giddy about membership in clubs, societies or orders), there is no logical reason to join a political party. Be an Independent. Parties will always supplant the question "Who is the best person for the job?" with "How can our candidate win?"

Can anyone realistically say that, upon review of their political/professional careers & life achievements, or lack there of, that George Bush deserved the Republican nomination over John McCain in 2000!?!?!?!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
[Edited on 28-5-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I wonder if the author of this test had an agenda???
Don't ever dismiss this.......
I'd just go off your instincts.. If you believe in the environment more then you do anything else, be a green.
If you believe in total freedom without having to worry about stupid dummies vote lib, if you want to be christian less freedoms, vote repub, if you want to ban the death penalty but support pro choice vote lib...
Not a very good cut down, but I think you get the point.

By "lib" do you mean libertarian or liberal. I'm guessing the former....

Anyway. I respeect libertarians for their hands-off, stay out of your business approach but I like a little more centralization than they want. Ok....alot more centralization.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
BoutTime, I see what you mean. That's why I am an Independent right now. But my friends and associates seem to think less of me because I don't "have the courage" to stand up for something and join a party. I don't see it as not having courage, I see it as having an open mind and the ability to look at all sides of an issue, and have differing opinions on subjects.

Why would I blindly pledge myself to the Republican or Democrat party when I don't believe in everything they do? Libertarian ideas seem to fit my own opinions, so I think I might start giving people that answer when they ask what party I belong to. "I'm somewhat Libertarian," perhaps I'll say.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I dont live in the states so i dont know the details of the minor parties, what i do know however is that the Democrats are only slightly better than the rebublicans, they are both pretty crappy parties. Look into the smaller less mainstream parties (particularly the left-wing ones, but not too left, you dont wanna be a commie) as they arent as motivated by hiddem agendas and money.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
But my friends and associates seem to think less of me because I don't "have the courage" to stand up for something and join a party.

That's part of life: assessing the circles of people you run with for their benefit to your growth as a person.
"Push back on the cowards with that observation noted earlier: you in your party think of how your man can win, instead of the best man for the job, which obviously is not always from your party - who's a coward now"? I've found that following that with a vigorous bitch-slap is always a good idea.

But, for the 2004 Presidential race, it's all moot: Bush must go for the salvation of the country. To think otherwise is like a 400lb man worrying if he should go on a diet for his health, instead of focusing on the flesh eating bacteria that has claimed his right leg & is working it's way up!!!!

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

But, unless you're English ( since they seem to be down right giddy about membership in clubs, societies or orders), there is no logical reason to join a political party. Be an Independent.

this is one thing i can agree with BT on. being a political party lacky sucks, WTF wants to be a drone?

think for yourself and dont mind what others say or think.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
MacMerdlin -

I am very sorry for attacking you. I think we both behaved below our normal levels and I hope we can move beyond it.

Bout Time - thank you

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes Venus I agree. I accept your appology and really hope you can accept mine (I truly am sorry for attacking you...I usually don't act like that). I have deleted all my posts in this thread so as to not look like the arse I was acting yeaterday. Have a good day and yes we can move past this.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I followed your lead and removed all my nasty posts. ALL IS WELL

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm glad everyone can get along =)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm glad everyone can get along =)

How do you pronounce your name is it like Faiska, or fasha?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Fay-e-ska.

It's Portuguese for "spark." It's the nickname I got in my martial arts style, Capoeira. You're the first person who's been interested enough to ask about it, awesome =)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Fay-e-ska.

It's Portuguese for "spark." It's the nickname I got in my martial arts style, Capoeira. You're the first person who's been interested enough to ask about it, awesome =)

Ahhh cool, I knew it was something out of the ordinary... Now I don't have to sit here and listen to my stupid brain keep asking me what it means...
Shut up brain!!! -- Homer Simpson.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join