It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different Political Parties? Please help me understand.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I posted this on another forum but it wasn't getting any replies. I thought I'd try posting it here too to see if anyone could help me out. Sorry for the double post, I didn't know that it would show up on both ATS and BTS =/ Mods could delete my other post...

I'm 20 years old, and I'm trying to figure out what political party best suits my ideals.

I've been reading about the Constitution party, and I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the party itself and its nominee for president, Michael Peroutka. It seems to me that he's probably not the best guy to be president, but I think the party itself has good ideas on the current issues and events.

I've also been looking into the Libertarian party. They also have a good stance on the current issues (though I can't seem to find their stance on homosexual marriage or rights).

I think that the people here on ATS/BTS are the most knowledgable people in the field of politics that I've come across on the internet, so I trust your judgement on these parties. Right now I'm "independent." My ideas don't totally coincide with the Republicans or Democrats, and I'm not too fond of either of the main guys running for president. I'm truly in the middle, but I'm looking around for a party that I could belong to.

Do you think its even neccessary for me to commit myself to one party or another? I'm not an independent because I'm a wishy washy, flip floppy guy who doesn't want to commit cuz I can't make up my mind. It's just that I don't want to throw all my eggs into one basket when I don't fully agree with either party's ideals. Is this a good or bad thing?

I'd really like some input on this, thanks in advance =)

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Faisca]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
[Edited on 5/28/2004 by Venus]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
[Edited on 28-5-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
[

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Woohoo, good boy!!
Your not a mainstream dummy!
I actually thought all hope was lost... Thanks for the reassurance that I was wrong...

Phew... Anyway, libertarian party is very much cool.. They stood for what both parties stood for at one time... Now both sides are polarizing more and more and this country is turning into a self hating greedy pig farm...

The thing libertarians do is give the POWER back to the people......MEANING, they believe that people can take care of themselves, that you don't need government assistance and you don't need a government tit to suck off of, like the libbies would like you to do.

Libertarians- If they got in power, the only thing they would get involved in would be foreign affairs, if somebodies were to attack the America's then thats when the government would come into play.....

NOT have the government come into play every single day of our lives.. Like both parties are doing now...
They believe that nobody needs to be monitored, keep the peace if youc an't law enforcement will take care of it, want to do drugs, fine, it's your body, but if you impose your # on anybody else then law enforcement will come into play...

It's almost like a free society, it would be very free compared to these days, it would feel like you have a huge weight lifted off your shoulder, except that dummies if they were to start any # then obviously the law comes into play.

But for those of us who can depend on ourselves, believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, this party is for you...

If you need a nanny, vote liberal...
If you want freedoms stripped away vote repub...

Also the populist party of America actually restores power to the people...
MEANING, congress would get a nice ass wipin and voters could actually decide which bills they want and which ones to file under g.

both parties are very cool...
lib and con both suck pig ass.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here's something useful, instead of a rant about how bad the "other" party is. It's a poltical quiz.

www.3pc.net...

He asked which party would suit him, not which party you think is the best/worst. Geez....

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. Libertarian is starting to sound like something I might be interested in more than anything else. I'm definately not a "mainstreamer" by any means so this is why I'm looking around. I'm glad I could make you happy =)

Oh and Flinx, thanks for that quiz, I'm gonna take it and see what happens.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Faisca]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Here's something useful, instead of a rant about how bad the "other" party is. It's a poltical quiz.

www.3pc.net...

He asked which party would suit him, not which party you think is the best/worst. Geez....

OOhhh k dinglehopper, I guess you didn't see there part where he questioned us about both parties... Ehhhh??!
Selective memory... Not always a good thing.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well it turns out that I'm more suited to be Libertarian. So maybe thats where I should be looking.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
OOhhh k dinglehopper, I guess you didn't see there part where he questioned us about both parties... Ehhhh??!
Selective memory... Not always a good thing.

Dinglehopper? Is that supposed to be an insult or something?

And no I didn't see that part. Did you?

"My ideas don't totally coincide with the Republicans or Democrats, and I'm not too fond of either of the main guys running for president. I'm truly in the middle, but I'm looking around for a party that I could belong to."

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Well it turns out that I'm more suited to be Libertarian. So maybe thats where I should be looking.

Your awesome!! That just made my day. I don't know why i'm so excited.. Wait yes I do..
Because there are soooo many stupid people out there I drive with them every single day. And I think just how many of these numbskulls vote for lib or con, probablymost of them.

There's a few libertarians on this board and you can tell by their posts...
Their posts usually bash both sides, restore logic into the hypnotized zombies and try to get people to understand that it's their own damn faults if # happens in their lives, not anybody else's, like the boogeyman's like libbies would like you to believe as well as cons.

That's the problem with these days, everybody wants to find someone else to blame, and if they can't use the boogeyman to put blame on they use a political figure head to take it's place...
And thats how both sides (l and c) get dummies to vote for them...

The American dream isn't based off of handouts and a rewritten consitution, it's based off of self reliance, the drive to be successful, and doing it all on your own... There's definitely too many people out there who have a self defeatist attitude......

And it's not their fault, it's dirty politics, but it's also their fault for buying to the bull#.

Pretty much everything your parents tried to teach you as a child....

I guess millions of people had neglected childhoods??

MacMerdin, good for you, i'm happy...
Flinx--- Not an insult, just a name... He edited his post, but it's not important...
The important thing is he found his balls...

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well I wasn't really asking for you guys to tell me what party to join, just what party you personally like or dislike. I'm trying to figure out which one to join on my own. It seems I'm more suited to be a Libertarian, so mayhaps I'll go that way.

BTW, please don't turn this into an insult thread.

Thanks for all the comments.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hmm. Apparently I'm 90 percent Green. With Dems coming up next at 70 percent. Republicans and Constitution are way down at like 19 percent.

Apparently I've become more liberal since the last time I took this test. Good...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Hmm. Apparently I'm 90 percent Green. With Dems coming up next at 70 percent. Republicans and Constitution are way down at like 19 percent.

Apparently I've become more liberal since the last time I took this test. Good...

I wonder if the author of this test had an agenda???
Don't ever dismiss this.......
I'd just go off your instincts.. If you believe in the environment more then you do anything else, be a green.
If you believe in total freedom without having to worry about stupid dummies vote lib, if you want to be christian less freedoms, vote repub, if you want to ban the death penalty but support pro choice vote lib...
Not a very good cut down, but I think you get the point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join