It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile launch? N.L. residents puzzled by 'oversized bullets' in sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
www.nationalpost.com...

Looks like someone had executed a sea launch of a missile of the east coast of Canada

Never heard of this before the story says it could have been france ( the island of st pierre is about 25 miles off the coast.... but seems very strange

anybody else know anything on this?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
oooops

misunderstood something.

carry on

[edit on 28-1-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The sighting has intrigued people in the Harbour Mille area, with some saying they were told by officers who were in the community Tuesday investigating the sightings, that the objects were test missiles launched from the nearby French islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon.

Edgecombe said that rumour is completely false.

The French Ministry of Defence posted a message on its website confirming it had launched a missile from a submarine this week but the time and direction didn't match with what was reportedly seen over the south coast of Newfoundland.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi Phage

So not a contrail now we know more.. What make me curious are the reports I'm finding now that they did launch

www.brahmand.com...

but like you stated , the launch was on the other side of the ocean appx 3800km away

wonder if we'll ever hear more?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

"We confirmed that it was something," Sgt. Wayne Edgecombe told CBC News Wednesday. But Edgecombe said he couldn't reveal what the police investigation uncovered.

A jet contrail is "something". As to why he couldn't "reveal" what it was, he said it's up to the DoD to talk about it. Of course the DoD says it's up to the RCMP.

Not a contrail? Where has that been established? I haven't seen anything that has said it was not a contrail.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Phage

I may have been a bit quick on the draw on stating 100% it's not airplane contrail. I went back to your post where you found pics of examples of contrails at sunset. I too have witnessed these airplane contrails and they really are interesting. The last one pic that you found with the plane visible is what stands out for me. What sparks me is that the picture from newfoundland looks very very different to me.

1.No space between object and trail
2.what looks to me at the "tail" of the NL object to be a much "dirtier smoke" prior to the start of the trail

this is why I ruled out "plane"

Now boy would I ever like to know what was launched by who?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Captain Kendra Allison, a spokeswoman for the Department of National Defence, told the National Post there were no planned Canadian missile exercises off the eastern seaboard Monday evening.

"We don't see any threat to Canada at this time based on the sightings," she said. "As far as we're concerned, things are as per normal."

A NORAD spokesperson also confirmed that the United States had no planned missile activity of any sort in the area.

hmmm....

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

What about the first one I posted? Depending on the viewing angle the plane may not be visible.

The image with the plane visible was probably taken using a telephoto lens. Often a plane producing a contrail is too high to be seen clearly with the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage. Agreed angle can have an effect on what we see from a certain vantage. your 1st pic shows that. if we compare that 1st pic www.kolumbus.fi...
it shows contrail in the sun

while the NL photo really does show "an object" before the trail and what I see to be darker exhaust before the "sunset lit" contrail. That "object" doesn't look to me like an airplane.
Have you seen an airplane contrail that "looks" like this?

I haven't found anything new that tells us what who and why.... but maybe we'll never know...... You may be right that it's an Airplane contrail but I haven't seen one like that before

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well by the looks of the photo on the news site, it is a rocket of some kind, the black or dark smoke and the fire out the tail are pretty good indicatiors. Not sure if this photo was taken by those 2 people in the article but would have to assume so. Contrail? highly not likely.

I find it funny how people come up with the most bizarre scenerios or "reasons" for it being something we shouldn't know about.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Please add any discussions to the existing thread found here.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join