It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students leave OH college after threat of ‘mass killing’ of blacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

Several students have withdrawn from an Ohio college after a threat to kill black students was scrawled on a men's bathroom wall.

The FBI has launched a hate crimes investigation into the graffiti threat, which was found in a bathroom at a Hocking College residence hall in Nelsonville, Ohio.

Some 400 of the school's 6,500 students are black, reports the Columbus Dispatch. It's unclear if the date mentioned in the threat -- Feb. 2 -- has any significance to the school or the community.

The Associated Press reports that school officials were also alerted of another note, stating "kill the n-----s." The incidents have left a "threat of a mass killing looming over black students at the community college," AP reports.

Racial, political, ideological Divisions in America at even the college level when dating, studies, and the Big Game should be the focus of coed life. Is this an isolated incident or portent of things to come?

God help us!

[edit on 28-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Seems pretty drastic for stupid bathroom wall graffiti. If we all reacted this way to anything written by some yahoo taking a dump the chaos would never end.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There are lots of examples on the net.
here's one of many that are taken very seriously.
www.wctv.tv...

There's a whole branch of anthropology dedicated to this cultural behavior. I had a proff. who had a collection from truck stops all across North America.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So much for racism being a thing of past!

Damn, can't we all just get along. It doesn't matter what color your skin is, we are ALL getting robbed by the same crooks. I wonder how long it will take for others to understand that.

As long as we, the people, stay divided...TPTB are free to do what they well.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You guys have to understand where that city is in Ohio.
Its a redneck, hillbilly NATION!
(if they're gonna be racist, so am I, by calling them hicks.)

I was there a few times, and if you didn't wear jeans or cowboy boots, you were frowned upon. Pretty sad actually. But, thats a hick-town for ya.

Most residents are country folk. That explains the racism. Everyone I ran into talked blatantly about black people being "lesser" and "slaves". It's disgusting, but it happens all too much. All across America.

Talk about idiocracy. There's kids down there with Confederate flags screaming, "The South will rise again!". They don't even realize they're no where near the south.

Terrible.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
You guys have to understand where that city is in Ohio.
Its a redneck, hillbilly NATION!
(if they're gonna be racist, so am I, by calling them hicks.)

I was there a few times, and if you didn't wear jeans or cowboy boots, you were frowned upon. Pretty sad actually. But, thats a hick-town for ya.

Most residents are country folk. That explains the racism. Everyone I ran into talked blatantly about black people being "lesser" and "slaves". It's disgusting, but it happens all too much. All across America.

Talk about idiocracy. There's kids down there with Confederate flags screaming, "The South will rise again!". They don't even realize they're no where near the south.

Terrible.

You paint a very wrong impression of that area. It is just SE of Columbus but not far from WV, a former confederate territory. It is a beautiful part of Ohio. I travel there quite often to Mt. Bike and Hike and have never seen the scenes that you describe. I've been going there for 25 years.

www.hockinghills.com...

As far as this message written by some idiot... If seen messages like that or even worse in bathroom stalls all around the country. Nowadays, people call the cops for this type of crap.

Go ask Jenny how she feels about this sort of thing. 867-5309

[edit on 28-1-2010 by jibeho]

[edit on 28-1-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's also possible that this was done by a minority student seeking attention.

Think Tawana Brawley

Or Duke Stripper

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if Mossad is behind this.

They are trying to divide the people now via race.

It's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This college is a ways out from the beaten path, but it is also very close to Ohio University.

This is just the drunken scribblings of a hilljack attention seeker. There is no reason to take this seriously, and the students that are, black white or otherwise, are reacting in the exact fashion the perpetrators wanted them to.

I have a friend at Hocking Tech. I will give him a call.

As for this area of Ohio, it is beautiful country. I always used to go down to the Hocking Hills and down to OU for Halloween.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Everything will be fine the college will give them and their lawyers an few hundred thousand dollars to make it all better

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's a shame that such things are happening. It is better to take it seriously than to ignore it and find dead bodies later.

top topics

join