It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Festivals - Pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Fire Festivals used to be much more common and date back ages.

But, times change and often the allure of a huge fire, lots of wine and celebration, horses at full gallop and edged weapons all coming together for an evening is now lost on those in charge of our modern society.

However, all is not lost. A few die-hards in Europe still cling to these festivals and celebrate them today.

At the links below are some truly astounding pictures of a the Up Helly Aa and the Feast of Saint Anthony the Great festivals. A glimpse into a vanished time.

Fiery European Festivals

Note - I don't know how to embed the pics here - but if anyone does and takes the urge - feel free.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Those are awesome pics, that looks like a lot of fun. Hope the horses are okay

You've been on a tear lately, keep it up!

Link To Loam's Thread About Embedding On ATS

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That's cool!..........i mean hot!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'd love to go to something like that and let my Norwegian/Danish blood come out to the fullest!

....it also looks like a good place to take psychedelics.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But, times change and often the allure of a huge fire, lots of wine and celebration, horses at full gallop and edged weapons all coming together for an evening is now lost on those in charge of our modern society.

we have this, its called bonfire night

sometimes even the edged weapons come out, if you live in certain places...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Lets face it our bonfire nights are nothing like that but we all wish they were. Health and Safety would have a field day. And I wonder how many of the Viking Jarl Squad play World of Warcraft lol?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

You should look for some of the Pagan Fire Festivals ... huge balefires ... great drumming ... naked and/or clothed dancing (nobody cares which).

The 'Spirit Fest' down in Gloucester, England (end of August), is a good one. (they have similar festivals in America too).

It's an experience you will never forget.

Woody

new topics

top topics

join