It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is time malfuncting? Or is it just me?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I think if time was being sped up or slowed down by some external force the neurons in your brain would also speed up/slow down correspondingly so your perception of time would remain the same.

It's the same way that when space stretches or compresses at speeds close to the speed of light anyone in that space would also stretch/compress so they won't notice themselves being stretched/compressed). However, they would notice objects outside their frame of reference altering. i.e. objects not travelling at the same speed as them.

I saw a Horizon documentary with Professor Brian Cox about time where he said that our perception of moving forward in time may be caused by us all moving forward through a fourth physical dimension at the speed of light (it was something like that). Maybe these time anomalies are caused by slowing down the rate of travel through that fourth dimension?

This was the documentary - worth a watch.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

If you wanted to get up to speed without viewing an enormous amount of videos, I would recommend that you begin by viewing the following You-Tube video which as you will note is in the middle of a series of videos.

Pick up with this video about Andrew D. Basiago and listen to his interview. View the videos after this start point and you will be on your way to understanding about time travel.

It is a good spot to begin learning about secret time travel technology and should you find that you have time to listen to all the videos then I would encourage you to do so.

www.youtube.com...

While there is no substitute for listening to the entire series, picking up with this video is as good as any to begin to understand the secret technology.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hello....I have a few "stories" to add aswell...

1) I went to bed like 2,5 weeks ago late at night around 3am(i usually go around 2am)...and i woke up at about 9:30am... now, usually i would be tired since i was going late to bed every day, but that day for some odd reason when i woke up, i thought "hey, it's 2pm"... then i looked at the clock and it was really just 9:30am... and i felt great you know...fit... maybe my astral dream tricked my brain to think it slept longer ?? i don't really know..

2) I have had many DejaVu's throughout the years. Some in dreams, some when awake, but they are so.. odd..the feeling is odd...it feels "hey, i remember this, i've done this before...but when?"... the even more odd version of DejaVu i experience time to time is that i have been dreaming awake about a dream where i experienced DejaVu that i will experience a DejaVu...understand a bit? it really feels weird..

3) The last two years i've noticed time is going faster... seriously..the day feels shorter..not like 24 hours, but 21 hours actually...

4) Another thing i noticed is time is NOT constant, but it changes, it is variable, you know? For example... sometimes it's really fast, yet sometimes it's very slow... a few examples...sometimes when i went to school, i've gained like 5-7 minutes out of a sudden.... or sometimes time freezes...i look at a clock...go do something, come back...and it's the same exact time..as if it didn't move... time is really weird... i personally don't believe in time...i think humans created time..but you know.. it changes all the time

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I haven't had similar experiences (other than deja vu) but what you said does sound peculiar. I've had my download bar jump back before on my old Mac, like you mentioned, however that happened all the time & I just figured it was a software inaccuracy. If that's not something your computer regularly does, maybe you should take note of it though.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've noticed that time has been rather fast the past 2 years, I can't believe how quickly it has gone. But that's about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just a few notes about time.

If there actually WAS some sort of "glitch" in time, it wouldn't show up on our clocks and watches, considering those tools are merely a human creation used to keep track of our own pre-determined mathematical increments of "time".

As far as time moving faster as you get older, it does. But not because of any intangible force. When you are 5 years old, a year is one fifth of your ENTIRE lifespan... so it seems like a long time. When you're 65, a year is one sixtyfifth of your entire lifespan, therefore it doesn't feel like a very long time at all.

Lastly, regarding the way time feels like it passes slower some instances, and faster others. I'm pretty sure I recall reading about a study that suggested that time passing IS infact subjective, and is relative to one's own level of mental awareness.

I remember when I was young and I had to wake up early for school, I would put music on, and it could be a song I'd heard dozens of times, but upon listening immediately after waking up, it would sound slightly slower to me... like when you adjust the speed of a record player, only it was a CD.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

I don't know if it is the same phenomena or not, but the strangest thing happened to my mother a few months after my father had died.

My Mom who now lives on her own, always checked the kitchen clock when she was cooking or walking through to the front room.

One day she looked up and the clock had stopped. It was high up towards the ceiling and so she just left it because she is not good on her legs. She intended to get somebody to change the battery for her when she had a visitor. I live on the other side of the world so I couldn't do it for her.

About two weeks went by and the clock still hadn't had a new battery and was sitting with the hands reading 10:21.

Mom went down to the kitchen one morning and looked at the clock and it was working again. The creepy thing is, it was exactly the right time to the minute.

The clock continued to work for nearly a year before the battery needed to be changed.

We still talk about it to this day, several years on.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This thread seems to be as good as any since I have been curious over something seen by me and my mother. Maybe this is not what you are looking for but, my experiences with time seeming wonky.

There is a very old man seen by us whenever we drive down the highway. It doesn't matter if it is 8am or 8pm rain or snow there is an old man in a yellow jacket carrying a grocery bag with a loaf of bread every day. This has been going on for 2 years or so. We started noticing him simply because the yellow jacket is very bright.

My mom and I stopped at a gas station along the highway and while out getting gas at the self serve my mother says, "There he is." I look over and the old man comes walking by and he glitches like an old vcr that someone hit rewind and walks backwards extremely fast almost in a blur something like 20 steps or so and started walking normally again in his slow pace.

My mom noticed as well as I because her mouth had fallen open and her eyes were big with wonder. We spoke about it a little and in fact she had seen the same event. Not sure if it was brain malfunction or what but, it was a weird thing to see.

A few times while driving distances that should take say 30 minutes ends up being 15 or 20 while going the speed limit.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I haven't noticed this recently, but I have had this happen to me as well. I have posted on other topics about time discrepencies, however, around the time the OP and other Posters here have experienced this recently, Those times I have been inescapably tired and sleepy and felt like I have been coming down with something without ever coming down with anything, then on the fifteenth I was maybe asleep four hours, but oddly felt totally refreshed and rejuvinated and felt like the threat had passed. I am Wondering if some of you have experienced this this week, as I have been again feeling uncontrollably tired no matter how much rest I get.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I haven't noticed this recently, but I have had this happen to me as well. I have posted on other topics about time discrepencies, however, around the time the OP and other Posters here have experienced this recently, Those times I have been inescapably tired and sleepy and felt like I have been coming down with something without ever coming down with anything, then on the fifteenth I was maybe asleep four hours, but oddly felt totally refreshed and rejuvinated and felt like the threat had passed. I am Wondering if some of you have experienced this this week, as I have been again feeling uncontrollably tired no matter how much rest I get.

Your body was going through a lot these days. It needs rest and food. You know, like animals hibernating.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
This thread seems to be as good as any since I have been curious over something seen by me and my mother. Maybe this is not what you are looking for but, my experiences with time seeming wonky.

There is a very old man seen by us whenever we drive down the highway. It doesn't matter if it is 8am or 8pm rain or snow there is an old man in a yellow jacket carrying a grocery bag with a loaf of bread every day. This has been going on for 2 years or so. We started noticing him simply because the yellow jacket is very bright.

My mom and I stopped at a gas station along the highway and while out getting gas at the self serve my mother says, "There he is." I look over and the old man comes walking by and he glitches like an old vcr that someone hit rewind and walks backwards extremely fast almost in a blur something like 20 steps or so and started walking normally again in his slow pace.

My mom noticed as well as I because her mouth had fallen open and her eyes were big with wonder. We spoke about it a little and in fact she had seen the same event. Not sure if it was brain malfunction or what but, it was a weird thing to see.

A few times while driving distances that should take say 30 minutes ends up being 15 or 20 while going the speed limit.

Interesting, sounds like a massive glitch! But certainly intriguing. There have been a few times in my life where I believe I've experienced one of those Matrix style 'de-ja vu' things. I don't really like the Matrix 'deja vu' definition, glitch is a much better word - like you say, like a VHS interference or streaming video with a stammer. I remember seeing smoke coming out of a house chimney, it was rising and then for a brief moment appeared to "pause" and then continue. Something similar happened recently too, but I can't remember what it was, I just remembering chuckling to myself afterwards saying "oh its that glitch in the matrix thing again".

I don't know if it's a real phenomena, or if it's just your/my mind playing tricks, but your story is interesting, and I'd love to read of any others.

As for the topic debate, time errors, there does seem to be something a wee different about "time". The other day I almost managed to convince myself that our time-frame had been altered, because I swore "keen" was a correct spelling (hehe) and that someone must have travelled back into the past and erased that spelling... Okay, madness...

There's a clock where I work that keeps going 4 or so minutes slow. So I changed the battery on it but it continued to do it. Recently the clock has been swapped for a newer one, but for some odd reason it to becoms 4 minutes slow after a day.

No clocks seem to stay matched around where I am either, yet I'm sure there never used to be a problem with that.

And the other day I was facing South but a very strange feeling made me feel I was actually facing "North". I've never felt this before, I'm usually extremely good with bearings, and would never have a feeling wash over me that South is actually North and vice versa. Plus I had been walking and looking at the stars and had a very good idea of my direction. So again I'd be interested to know if anyone has felt this "gut instinct" or wash of feeling that South is actually North...I dunno how to explain it.

Still, interesting thread!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I've also experienced times when I thought words were spelt differently when I was younger only to find out I was wrong, Even though I was so sure about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
who knows man .... andersoninstitute.com the guy is saying that they have working time machines that can control time, slow down or speed up in a controlled environment ..... so who knows whats possible ... maybe its your brain doing it ... maybe its not the world

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Time has been “off” a lot lately. All my clocks were synched up to the minute during the recent switch to daylight savings time. There is a four minute difference on each of my clocks and watches now. Strange times we live in.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Main Entry: 1keen
Pronunciation: \ˈkēn\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English kene brave, sharp, from Old English cēne brave; akin to Old High German kuoni brave
Date: 13th century

1 a : having a fine edge or point : sharp b : affecting one as if by cutting c : pungent to the sense
2 a (1) : showing a quick and ardent responsiveness : enthusiastic (2) : eager b of emotion or feeling : intense
3 a : intellectually alert : having or characteristic of a quick penetrating mind ; also : shrewdly astute b : sharply contested c : extremely sensitive in perception
4 : wonderful, excellent
synonyms see sharp, eager

— keen·ly adverb

— keen·ness \ˈkēn-nəs\ noun

— keen on : very enthusiastic or excited about

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join