It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guglielmo Marconi received Communications from Extraterrestrials 29 January 1920.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Had Guglielmo Marconi picked up radio messages from other planets, the sun, extraterrestrial spaceships or Alien bases in our solar system? Who sent those mysterious messages that were picked up by the first radio stations? Right ninety years ago this article "Will the Earth be able to communicate with other Planets?" from Daily Mail provoked much clamor.

en.wikipedia.org...
News From the italian newspaper “Corriere delle Puglie” 29 January 1920. The recut of the article on the Guglielmo Marconi’s Communications received from Extraterrestrials.

Babel fish translation from italian

Will the Earth be able to communicate with other Planets?
London, 28 January 1920. In an interview granted to an editor of “Daily Mail”, Guglielmo Marconi asserts that - the radiotelegraph stations often receive radio signals of which nobody until now it is successful to discover the origin. They are signals surely sent from great distance and outside of the terrestrial atmospheric zone because they are at the same time picked up by distant radiotelegraph stations, like London or New York. It has not been possible, - Guglielmo Marconi says - to decipher some comprehensible message even if it uses a kind of Morse alphabet that are repeated many times. Marconi says that the scientific investigations over the origin of the signals are continuing and that it cannot give some reliable explanation of the phenomenon but not escude that these radio signals can come from other planets or from the sun. The Daily mail closes the interview to Marconi and it wonders if we do not find ourselves already at the best of the greatest discovery that mankind can make: to enter in communication with people of other planets.

Which radio signals, similar to the alphabet Morse, could be intercepted from the first radio stations to the dawn of the Era of the Radiotelegraph wire-less?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Columbus was not the first man to discover America!

The many "we did this first" have been proven false already.

Instead of "oh-maybe some else has already done it" he says it is ET just so no one takes away the credit.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
1920 technology hmmmm.

Ionospheric Skip and solar flare anomalies were known at that time but IIRC moon bounce technology was not available until the 1930's when the Gigahertz microwave transmitter technology appeared in Germany. That was only a decade later so conceptually it would have been possible in Italy then.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What I find strange is the 'CETI' program, listening to the hydrogen radio band to see if ET is transmitting, but only the hydrogen band, we don't transmit on the hydrogen band, so why should ET??

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

The neutral Hydrogen line has a white enough signature that it makes a good carrier. Both Tesla and HG Wells wrote about signals from Mars. That would require a high frequency above 1400 MHZ to allow a narrow focused beam.

Edit:
Apparently not there is a window

www.teslasociety.com...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Bordon81]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Which type of known signals could have picked up those first radio stations and in a way so clear, and so similar to an alphabet Morse?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
reply to post by pikestaff

The neutral Hydrogen line has a white enough signature that it makes a good carrier. Both Tesla and HG Wells wrote about signals from Mars. That would require a high frequency above 1400 MHZ to allow a narrow focused beam.

I think it was a quasar in Tesla's case but yes you are right.

second line etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Crystals, naturally forming, of the common quartz variety are high in silica. These naturallly forming structures will create accurate receivers. Transmitting is another topic of which will not be answered in a couple of lines...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is an interesting read. A very detailed analysis of Tesla s July 22nd 1899 observations.

www.teslasociety.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
This is an interesting read. A very detailed analysis of Tesla s July 22nd 1899 observations.

www.teslasociety.com...

Thanks very much for this article! Very interesting!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

G'day Imagir

Thank you for "dusting off" that interesting Marconi report for another discussion.

I recall during my Air Force training, flying around doing military coms, nav, etc...

We used to get some crazy radio & instrument effects & we had to learn how to try to compensate for all that.

I'm no expert because that was 1 year only of aircrew training & quite a while back. However, I do believe it gives me enough of an idea that I know there can be many "odd" things go on in the radio world that are not "alien" in nature.

I think it's worth listening to expert member commentary (e.g. Bordon81 seems to know a bit about all of this) before we jump to the "alien" conclusion.

BTW..... did you get time to consider my Nellis UFO?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If one realizes that Tesla is talking about pulsing from Mars and that
even the Earth pulses a wave, one sees how Tesla evolved his own
theory of gravitating bodies in the ether based on electrical forces.
If people would be willing to pay for Mars communication Tesla would
take it but the real finding just furnished more knowledge of the forces
in the universe.

new topics

top topics

join