It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Active Paranormal Place in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Mods, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, but I don't know if any one place is just right for this. That said...

I am sorry if you were expecting info here. I am actually looking for it myself and hoping the many minds here at ATS might know where I can find this. Here goes...

One day, within the past year, I was sitting at my computer, pretending to work (much like I am right this minute
). I was not working though. In fact, I was doing what I do on most days, perusing the many strange and wonderful Web sites that make up this World Wide Web. Actually, now that I think about it, that's how I found this place.

So I found some paranormal site, checked out all of their nifty pics and stories, and followed their links to the next batch of sites. I repeated this process most every day until one day I came across a site that really got my attention.

The site, titled something like "The MOST Haunted/Unexplained/Paranormal/etc. Place in the US!" That grabbed me. I read on. What the story told was amazing. It talked about a ranch (I think) on a plot of land (in the desert, I think) that a family moved into. Once there, they started experiencing all sorts of outlandish stuff: for example, strange creatures that appeared and disappeared on their property (many of which they shot at without wounding), strange lights, sounds, smells, voices (both in the house and out), distress to their animals, horrible nightmares, etc.

Now, I know how this sounds, typical UFO type story, right? Wrong! They seemed to make a point to avoid mentioning any type of UFO activity. Instead, it seemed like the place was more evil or cursed or dimensionally thin. The creatures sounded more like the wolfman than a little, green man.

My problem is, I guess my boss must have walked in, or I cleared my history bar or something, but I forgot about it for a few weeks, then I could never find that site again. Who knows, maybe I read it on here somewhere. I just don't know. I have googled my black-and-white-striped bottom off, and I have tried ATS's Boolean search, but to no avail. It seems as though, unless one of you fine folks knows where to go, this Web site and story will be lost to me forever.

Can you help? Have you heard of this? Here are some bullets to jog the old grey matter.

Farm or Ranch
Probably desert
Seems like I remember it being the southwestern US
VERY large numbers of paranormal sightings
Monsters
Voices
Noises
Smells
Dreams
Lights
You name it

Please let me know if any of you know anything about this. Or if you even think you might know about this.

Thanks

Ham

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't know if my description is too short or too long or if, somehow, of the entire ATS community, nobody else has ever hear of this. I really hope someone out there recalls seeing something like this.

And, don't worry if what you might know doesn't quite match my story. I am pulling all of this from memory, so there is a good chance that I have distorted or forgotten something.

So again, any info on this? Anyone?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The Whaley House
Located in San Diego, California, the Whaley House has earned the title of "the most haunted house in the U.S. Built in 1857 by Thomas Whaley on land that was partially once a cemetery, the house has since been the locus of dozens of ghost sightings. Author deTraci Regula relates her experiences with the house: "Over the years, while dining across the street at the Old Town Mexican Cafe, I became accustomed to noticing that the shutters of the second-story windows [of the Whaley House] would sometimes open while we ate dinner, long after the house was closed for the day. On a recent visit, I could feel the energy in several spots in the house, particularly in the courtroom, where I also smelled the faint scent of a cigar, supposedly Whaley's calling-card. In the hallway, I smelled perfume, initially attributing that to the young woman acting as docent, but some later surreptitious sniffing in her direction as I talked to her about the house revealed her to be scent-free." Some of the other ghostly encounters include: the spirit of a young girl who was accidentally hanged on the property; the ghost of Yankee Jim Robinson, a thief who was clubbed to death and who can be heard on the house's stairway where he died, and has sometimes been seen during tours of the old house; the red-haired daughter of the Whaley's sometimes appears in such a realistic form, she is sometimes mistaken for a live child. Famed psychic Sybil Leek claimed to have sensed several spirits there, and renowned ghost hunter Hanz Holzer considered the Whaley to be one of the most reliably haunted structures in the United States.

paranormal.about.com...

Refering to this one?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks Jonna, but no it isn't the place. The place I am looking for was definitely in a secluded setting. Miles from nearest neighbor (that sort of thing). I think it was in the desert or scrubland of the southwestern US. And, it didn't come across as a haunting. That was one thing that attracted me to the story. It was so original. Not aliens, not ghosts. No rhyme or reason. Just a place where lots of weird creatures were showing up and causing trouble (along with lots of weird non-creature phonomena) for no damn reason.

Anything else out there that you've seen? And thanks again for the try.

Thanks

Ham

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It sounds like you're referring to the Superstitious Mountains of NE Arizona! Everything has been and still is seen there... faces in the rocks, ghosts, mysterious creatures (usually stalking the few who dare to hike out there), vortexes of energy (which the Native Americans think leads to alternate realities... or Hell), UFO and ET sightings... it's all there. Everyone who ever inhabited the area learned not to go into that area... Native Americans, Spanish conquistadors, Mexicans, and Americans of today. Try going to the local parks commission and telling them you're hiking or camping out there... you'll be told that you're going at your own risk! (Rescues are no longer given out there since an entire helicopter dissapeared without a trace once!)

Pretty mysterious place, that is... it's also been rumored that cell phones and the Internet on laptops (even when connected via satellites!), as well as GPS systems and doppler radar, do not work at all out there. (Doppler radar seems to always pick up 'static' over the area...)

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Gettysburg, PA. The infamous battlefield of the American Civil War. This place can get very creepy quickly.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Try the Skinwalker Ranch, Fortean Times did and article on it last year,
an area of very high strangeness, the NDIS or NCIS bought the land and are studying it

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
DABUE!!!

You nailed it. That was exactly what I was looking for. It seems that there were a few very short posts on ATS about this topic, but nothing incredibly informative. I found a site that has both parts of the story (not just the first part which can be found on
rense:dn

Do you know anything more on this Dabue? Is it something you have followed, or did you just read the article in Fortean Times?

Why does it seem like I hear so many cool stories about interesting things, and then they are forgotten, fade away, and are never discussed again? Why does it seem like the same will happen with this story? I haven't found any recent, relevant information on the ranch. Why? I understand from a post here on ATS that the phenomena have slowed/ceased. Even still, couldn't we have a full accounting from NIDS by now?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I read about this a couple of years back. The original article, "Path of a skinwalker", has been removed from www.lasvegasmercury.com.

You can try to contact NIDS at www.nidsci.org....

They weren't releasing much information about the happenings at the ranch, and no one was allowed to visit at all. I doubt we'll learn anything more about it.

I was able to find part II of the article. I can't seem to find part I.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
wow thanks for the link Bangin, it does make a very intresting read. I mean wow all those things happening over a very concentrated area.... its a shame theres no pics though...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I was able to find part II of the article. I can't seem to find part I.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

This, I believe, is part one.

www.stealthskater.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
This, I believe, is part one.

www.stealthskater.com...

Thanks! Actually, the link that you provided has both parts!

The NIDS site has a few links about cattle mutilations in Utah but they're dead. Why? I don't understand why they would remove their findings.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
maybe its because all spooky stuff and paranormal things like wide large places with no people and roam free without people investigating if they are seen.....wouldnt you hate to be disturbed when you are a ghost or whatever hate being investigated when you have the power to fly and see anything and NO school

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Are you sure you are not describing Southwest England...known as "Corwall"? that by far...is the most creepy place i ever visited.
lots of weird stuff goin on there.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
Gettysburg, PA. The infamous battlefield of the American Civil War. This place can get very creepy quickly.

We just went there this past weekend. (we live in Wilmington so we can go there a lot). We did a ghostwalk out of the Farnsworth House. WOW! We saw tons of orbs. Amazing. We also toured the Jennie Wade house. Had a funny little thing happen there too. Interesting place!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
While researching a documentary on first person stories of hauntings in Maine, I found an amazing clustering of phenominae centered around the Midcoast area. Basically Rockland to Belfast... I found that during the mid 1800s a place called Temple Heights was started as a Spritualist community. The story goes, that the founder was directed to the spot by an indian spirit who stated that this was a place where the wall between the worlds was the thinnest. While that anecdote was interesting, it does give a good historical back ground to support the evidence that this is true.
Later on another project researching leys for a Gaming company I consulted for. I was pouring through the archives or a parapsychologist named Alexander Tanous Who died a while back. He did a lot of stuff on the Burmuda Triangle and Atlantis...as well as Geo-geometry. It turns out that he had a theory of a positive energy vortex compliment to the Negative Burmuda Triangle. He called this the Maine Triangle. Most of this area is out to sea except one of the verticies intersects at the same place I've discussed. He noted in his records that at such intersections one should find increased dimensional activity. Later I was working on a News story featuring a lady who had written a book about Angels in Maine. On the drive up to her home in Rockland.... I suggested to the reporter that she ask the lady why she lived in Rockland... I guessed she'd have an interesting reason... When we arrived and the reporter asked my question, the lady looked at the reporter funny and led her to a closet door. On the back of the door was a Map of Maine with pins stuck in it showing the locations of angel sightings. Her map was nearly identical to the one I made earlier about Ghosts. The clusters matched perfectly with the huge majority occuring in the areas between Rockland and Belfast. One person's Angel is another's Ghost.
So here we have the evidence supporting something weird is happening in this area:

#1... The clustering I found
#2... The Spiritualists community
#3... The Tanous Triangle Theory
#4... The Angel Lady

All these came from seperate investigations and research so it wasn't like I was trying to prove this specific point. But it was really wild when I put it all together.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Gislebertus]

new topics

top topics

join