It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth without the H2O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
No! I don't have an image, I'm looking for the Earth's image without the water. As many as you people can post.

I can't find one.
Or somebody's own art.
Their conception of what the earth would look like without the water. What would it look like if the oceans dried up?
Would it even look round anymore?
We have a sphere to look at with the water sure, but would it look like it had great chunks out of if the H2O just dried up.

See if we can get some images k people?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here are two renderings/simulations of the earth with no water.

and

These and others can be found on The Celestia Motherlode, a repository for the 3D space simulator celestia.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Oh my Mod, that is just bitchen. Sure didn't take long.
this is truly the right place for so many different reasons. cool

Thank you, I'm going to blow em up a little.

That's wild ,it dosn't even look round.
Looks all beat up!

[edit on 28-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

They're actually just screenshots of 3D models. If you download and install the Celestia program you can install those two add-ons from the celestia motherlode website and view them much the same as google earth. pan. zoom. rotate, etc.

It's a pretty neat program/tool

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm debating on the download. I sure as hell want to though. mmm

Thank you 12m8

[edit on 28-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's perfectly "safe", if that's your concern randyv.

Here's some info from their wikibook's page:

en.wikibooks.org...

Celestia provides photo-realistic, real-time, three-dimensional viewing of the solar system, the galaxy and the universe. It is an easy to use, freely-distributed, multi-platform, open source, software package which has become a valuable tool for astronomy education. Used in homes, schools, museums and planetariums around the world, it also is used as a visualization tool by space mission designers. Versions are available for computers running Windows, Macintosh (Mac OS X) and Linux operating systems.
Although it is optimized for 3D astronomical visualization, Celestia can be used to display and explore other 3D environments, too.
And, for some reason, many people seem to find exploring with Celestia to be a lot of fun.

I'm not sure just when I happened across the site/program, but I always find myself checking back from time to time to see what new user-created add-ons are available.

Careful, though, you think ATS can be addicting.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It's perfectly "safe", if that's your concern randyv.

Just you saying I should. That right there tells me it's safe. My memory is low. (all red faced). That's the only thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Don't forget about the moon. A nice clear night and some bino's would give you a fair idea of the earth without water. Desolate comes to mind.

new topics

top topics

join