It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a "random thread" button?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

mikenice81 had some pretty good ideas about making the random buttons forum specific.
but for real hardcore randomphiles like me having one that encompasses everything would be much appreciated...

so where is this damn button already!!!?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Take it a step further. If you are on the main page it can take you to a random topic from anywhere. If you are in Skunk Works, New World Order, or where ever, it only brings up topics from that section. Then it actually becomes a way for people to find new topics in areas of interest.

Bingo.

LS- I'm not sure about that aussie alien video you posted but this thread looks legit...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think it sounds like like a wonderful idea!! A stumble thru for ATS!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I do like StumbleUpon.com and think a button that did something similar on ATS would be awesome.

Good idea OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

Maybe it takes you to a random thread. Maybe it gives you 20 flags. Maybe it sends an alert on the last thread you posted in. Maybe it films you at your desk and creates a streaming video in the Media Center. Maybe you ban yourself.

ok, loved that.

incidently OPs, brilliant idea...perhaps with a filter out subjects ability though for people whom simply dont want specific areas to come up (say political or 9/11 stuff)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I love this idea. It would be perfect for all those late nights when Im bored with the recent threads.

It would also be a good idea to search for the highest flagged random posts aswell. This would be good for members who missed out on the great posts from years back. S+F

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I hear ya, 3:30 AM...where's the random button.....???

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i totaly support this idea

i been reading the site for years (posting only for a couple) and that's the one thing i'd realy like to see here...the missing "link",if you will

S+F!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Perhaps getting threads on Stumbleupon might be a better or more immediate answer? You can search for abovetopsecret and it should pull up anything that has been submitted by stumblers already.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I just happened upon this thread,

I created a thread earlier today (in my signature [cheap plug]) regarding posts from back in the day, this would definitely be one way to achieve this, especially if it had a filter in the likes of "Randomize - Date: From / To" maybe give 20 or so links +/- within the date parameters.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
so basically everyone loves this idea..
but where are the mods???

the will of the people suggests that maybe having a random button might be a good idea....

meanwhile skeptic overlord is wasting his time being "pissed" about some dumb political bickering/trolling when what people really want is a random button....maybe we should get pissed too.

where's my random button????

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You can count me in.

:bash:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
as a fellow Randomaphile, i vote YES

top topics

<< 1   >>

join