It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Note of Guantánamo Prisoner

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

If he has been released, then why are we still debating this?

Suicide attemps are NOT suicides. If he is alive and well there is no reason to continue with this conversation.

Perhaps there is an arguement to be made as to if he should have been released to begin with. Just sayin'

Peace and Light!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What a total Crock of BS...

The Man wrote a Suicide letter but never committed suicide. Now many are prattling on and on about how horrible the Prisons are etc. I'll say this for him. Mission accomplished. He apparently "Attempted" suicide.

Well that's like me writing a bit of fiction then running out to the street and throwing myself in front a parked car.

Hoax?
I'd say so.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Stupidity has no bounds..to some people there's no difference between a suspect and a criminal. I find it funny how much faith some people have in the "system". As if everyone that gets arrested or detained has it coming.
What a magical, wonderful system filled with rainbows and unicorns it is!

1. Someone who was never convicted of a crime was held indefinitely in prison and tortured. The fact that this is a bad thing should go without saying.

2. There is no logical reason to hate these prisoners because their plight is getting attention.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Suicide note is fake, as probably stated somewhere already in the topic. I wish people would do some searching before posting stuff as authentic..
Nevertheless, guantanamo bay is just a "legal concentration camp." Which shouldn't be allowed to exist in the first place. Everyone who disagrees should volunteer to spend some time in there as a "terrorist" prisoner, I'm sure that would open their eyes.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Klavier

Lol, people have already stated in this thread it is not fake.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by December_Rain

What I think stands out the most to me about this, is how the man seems to respect a spiritual process, but at the same time seems to think that the governments of the world are something more than a footstool kingdom.

Why kill yourself when you have a daughter waiting for you? That part I don't get.

Aren't there multiple cases of suicides in our Country where people have mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children???

He killed himself for the same reason most people do...Despair.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by soot black

Agree with you man. There are whole set of documents which expose Guantanamo Bay tortures and crimes. Thank you for your input

Oh no, they pur panties on their heads. And paraded whores around in front of them. What torture!
This letter is pure propaganda which jailed muslims use to gain sympathy. Like the screaming imams on the plane. Like many others. I can't believe so many people are falling for this bs.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What a total Crock of BS...

The Man wrote a Suicide letter but never committed suicide. Now many are prattling on and on about how horrible the Prisons are etc. I'll say this for him. Mission accomplished. He apparently "Attempted" suicide.

Did you read the accounts? He slashed his wrists and hanged himself. His lawyer wondered why a "bathroom break" was taking a little too long and went in to find him with a three-foot pool of blood under his hanging body and a broken vertebra.

Good luck ending up in that condition throwing yourself in front of a parked car.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HERACAT
reply to post by americandingbat

If he has been released, then why are we still debating this?

Suicide attemps are NOT suicides. If he is alive and well there is no reason to continue with this conversation.

Perhaps there is an arguement to be made as to if he should have been released to begin with. Just sayin'

I think we're still debating "this" (if you mean the validity/hoax status of the suicide note) because people are for some reason still arguing it.

The note is considered important not for its factual content, but as an insight into the state of mind one prisoner was driven to. It doesn't matter whether or not the man succeeded in killing himself. He tried 13 times, according to the most reliable sources I've seen. In this one instance the attempt was witnessed by his lawyer and the incident was reported by the press.

There is certainly an argument to be made that he should never have been held to begin with, and a bigger argument to be made that no one should ever be held by the United States without charges, legal representation, or rights (the meetings with the lawyer only began after this man had been held for a year or so without any recourse, and only thanks to legal challenges by the Center for Constitutional Rights).

Those arguments can't be made on the basis of this note, though. It's a suicide note, not proof of his innocence or guilt, and not proof of consitutional or international law.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Not all Islamic people are terrorists. Not all whites are racist. Not all.....well, I think you get my point.
reply to post by JJay55

I think you misunderstood me. My comment was about equating all Americans with what the American government did in Iraq, and in Gitmo. When I said that not all Islamic people are terrorists, I was merely giving an example against stereotyping that I've seen on ATS many times before. I was not defending the Islamic religion.

And I agree with you; Islam is not very tolerant towards outsiders. But then again, most religions aren't.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

There is certainly an argument to be made that he should never have been held to begin with,

Agreed. He should have been killed right on the battlefield he was picked up off of, not captured and kept like a pampered pet. Matter of fact, the capture and release policy hasn't been working that well, with 25% of the released "detainees" (what a goofy name for a POW) having been killed after going right back to the battlefield.

I wonder how many have gone back and managed to survive so far? You're absolutely right. they should have got it right the first time.

and a bigger argument to be made that no one should ever be held by the United States without charges, legal representation, or rights (the meetings with the lawyer only began after this man had been held for a year or so without any recourse, and only thanks to legal challenges by the Center for Constitutional Rights).

Legal representation? Lawyers? Rights? When did countries begin extending citizenship priviledges to POWs? POWs that aren't even being held in the country in question?

Charges? I see you have not much experience of war. I hope you never do. When an individual is energetically trying to blow your head off on a battlefield, it's generally considered a kindness to capture that individual rather than killing them.

Personally, I'm not very kind, so you can rest easy knowing that I'll never create a POW for folks like you to lose sleep over. Especially NOW, after the way this wacky world has started talking about POWs and trying to confer citizenship in the country they're fighting against on them.

What a strange world we live in.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Most non-muslims don't understand that the rythmn of the language is hypnotic. In the words is a pattern that some susceptable minds can become attached to, like brainwashing. The secrets of the mystics taught the imams how to use these words to get followers to obey them. So if these words are released in the form of a letter there are those that will get brain signals and become sympathists and fall into recruitment just by the words. This enemy is very complex and use resources well, like our own planes on 911. Simple, frugal, very intelligent enemy.

This letter is a form of hiraba and has the purpose of jihad. Don't be fooled.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by JJay55]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

well i wasnt just talking about guantanamo...
and what about said "whores" im sure they wouldnt want to be there as much as the muslims dont want to look at them we all know how seriously they take their religion. im sure the screws have their fun with them... the act is a bit sexist if you ask me but thats off topic

have you been to those jails you mentioned? im sure there is physical pain but hey i feel sorry for them too and am sickened at those who love their job torturing people... mentally or physically...
btw im anti american too

why are they enemys?

[edit on 5-2-2010 by soot black]

[edit on 5-2-2010 by soot black]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join