It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Note of Guantánamo Prisoner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I've seen the post. Just trying to determine who owns the website and what sort of authenticity other documents on there have.

Plenty of hoaxed documents knocking around on official looking websites you know.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes it would have been better to view the handwritten note instead of translated version and I agree the 'War on Terror' prisoner wanted the world to know about the situation in Guantanamo. There are still 47 prisoners currently in Guantanamo who have no charges filed against them. As per the Govt. the evidence against them is "flimsy" and would not hold in court yet they will be kept prisoners infinitely.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Thank you. and my apology if my post sounded rude, didn't intended to be, it's just been hectic first moving thread moving to hoax bin etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Right I've had a look and sorry dude, still not convinced.

An independent non-governmental research institute and library located at The George Washington University

I wasn't expecting the site to be backed by the White House or anything but I reckon anyone could submit something to this page and get it posted. Which to me does nothing towards proving it official.

However I'm not one to pointlessly carry on an argument so I bid you farewell

Edit to say, apology not necessary, on forums like this people need to be able to vent and let their emotions fly. Its what seperates us from them

[edit on 29-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by Flakey

The motto of this website is Deny Ignorance is it not.

There's not a shred of proof this letter is genuine,

I live my life by more than internet mottos. You say their is not a shred of proof this letter was real when in fact their was. I know because I gave a few of those links However , if you unsatisfied with all the links given to this thread remember the inverse is true. That their is not one shred of evidence that would prove this letter a fake. It works both ways like that. Except I offered up a few links as proof. So did many others. We can show you the proofs you demand but we can't make you read them.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by jerico65

Consider the OP. Just another anti american star and flag fest, doesn't have to be true, just has to fire people up. Typical that people don't investigate at all, this was so easy to disprove, yet people don't even check out the links, they just blindly blather on about supposed atrocities.

I am not anti-American. Do think before you post such absurd lies and rhetoric. I am against illegal detention and torture and that is the essence of the thread. I am anti-politicians like Bush 500%. The note is genuine and so is the prisoner as his approx. half a dozen attempted suicides proves.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

America will be remember by this, and all those Americans who feel as if they will not be held accountable for not pushing their government to do something, will face the same wrath Nazi Germany faced.
reply to post by oozyism

Yes, America's government has done and continues to do some terrible things. No argument there.

But don't make the mistake of equating all Americans with the government. Fact of the matter is, our government doesn't really represent the will of the people. And as for trying to hold those in charge accountable, that's a long process but there are those of us who are trying.

Not all Islamic people are terrorists. Not all whites are racist. Not all.....well, I think you get my point.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

I live my life by more than internet motto's too. But this isn't just another website is it, the collective intelligence here is immense in comparison to normal forums, and the motto here is something people aim to work by.

Dude read my post a few posts up, I've conceded that we can't really tell if this letter is real or not. But as far as my personal belief goes, I don't believe it's authentic

Edit to say, the OP is not anti-american he's pro-human. The argument here is sod all to do with Americanism it's the legitimacy of the letter in question

[edit on 29-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Not all Islamic people are terrorists. Not all whites are racist. Not all.....well, I think you get my point.

I don't think anyone has claimed that they are.
But Islamic principle is very clear that non-muslims are inferior and in dar ul Harb they are fair game to be killed. The preferable method is beheading. There are thousands of muslims ready, willing and able to carry these acts out. And you will see increased incidents of this in 2010-2013.
For a list of the 15000 incidents of this since 911 you can see it here:
www.thereligionofpeace.com

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I really do not believe they deserve trial i mean most of the guys that are in there are for war crimes they kill our people with roadside bombs AND PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY SHOULD STAND FAIR TRIAL YEAH OKAY AHA!

Another thing i am going to say is that if your a terrorist or your doing terroristic things you gotta pay the piper thats just how it goes

AND THIS GUY MAYBE THE ONLY GUY THAT DIDINT DESERVE TO DIE IN THERE IN HISTORY... i duno what hes in trouble for but if he did something against america or the american people he deserved to die!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Yes I'm.

Anti-American, yes I'm, for what I have seen, for the millions who have died due to America, yes I'm.

Just like the USSR which doesn't exist anymore, yes I want the same faith for America.

Hope you don't live in America.
If you do you should leave. [/quote
Too bad I don't live in America. If I did I would fight for change, unlike you I wouldn't sit on my ass and go around net defending my government's mistakes or problems.

Patriot

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes, America's government has done and continues to do some terrible things. No argument there.

But don't make the mistake of equating all Americans with the government. Fact of the matter is, our government doesn't really represent the will of the people. And as for trying to hold those in charge accountable, that's a long process but there are those of us who are trying.

Yes agreed, I never painted the American people with the same brush as its government, and I would never do that, heck American people are one of the most intelligent people on earth, and that intelligence turned out to be its biggest weakness.

What I mentioned was in regards to individuals who does not give a damn about foreign policy as long as their lives are easy...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hi all! Don't know if any of you have seen this, but if you want an inside look at what goes on at Guantanamo, you may find this interesting:

blog.detainee063.com...

It's a transcript of the interrogation of Mohammed Al-Qahtani, and is a fairly interesting piece. Later!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So is this a Hoax or not?

It was in the "HOAX" bin earlier but now it's back in War on Terror??

I am totally getting confused.

Is this "letter" authentic FOIA material or is this a Hoax??

Will someone please clear this up for me, I am just lost. Apologies for not being able to follow what is going on. Thanks for the help!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It was placed in the [HOAX] forum, as I understand it, based on the claim in the OP that the prisoner who wrote the letter is dead. He is not; he survived the suicide attempt and was eventually released in 2007.

But there seems to be no question that the suicide attempt was real.

Center for Constitutional Rights press release from 3/15/2006 about the letter

Wikipedia article on Juma al-Dossary, the prisoner especially check out the references section for links to many news sources and also .gov and .mil sources of declassified papers pertaining to the prisoner. But warning, the article is not completely up-to-date.

Washington Post article reporting the suicide attempt (before the letter was declassified)

Follow-up Washington Post article reporting an interview with Jumah al-Dossary after he had been released

The text that was posted here is the translated and typed version being archived at the Torture Archive project at George Washington University. Contrary to what has been said here, this is not simply an archive of user-submitted documents. It is a collection of documents provided by the government through the FOIA process, documents provided by investigative journalists, documents provided by the pro bono lawyers who worked with the inmates at Guantanamo, etcetera.

edit: added spacing for clarity and ease of reading

[edit on 1/29/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i really feel sorry for those who cant feel any empathy for him... or anyone in his situation, just goes to show what power propaganda has over people.
even tho it looks fishy and made up... does it matter? it is a good read and i honestly diddnt think about guantanamo untill i read this post. it really opened my eyes to thye horrid conditions that all people go through in detention centres.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by soot black
i really feel sorry for those who cant feel any empathy for him... or anyone in his situation, just goes to show what power propaganda has over people.
even tho it looks fishy and made up... does it matter? it is a good read and i honestly diddnt think about guantanamo untill i read this post. it really opened my eyes to thye horrid conditions that all people go through in detention centres.

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison? Maybe a Thai prison, or even Mexican?
Empathy for a guy who wants to kill people? Are you serious?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by soot black

Agree with you man. There are whole set of documents which expose Guantanamo Bay tortures and crimes. Thank you for your input

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join