It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Note of Guantánamo Prisoner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Where is the original?

Certainly he didn't have access to a word processor. I have my doubts that he would even have access to a pen and paper unless supervised. If he did, then Gitmo is an even easier place than I thought. We certainly didn't allow those kinds of freedoms in country.

You'd be hard-pressed to convince me that that note is 100% real and legitimate.

And generally we don't just arrest every dude we come across. There is a warrant system, and we have to have substantial evidence to hold a detainee for more than 24hrs. Chances are, if you're in jail, there is a good reason.

If you think being an American detainee is bad, take a look at an Iraqi jail. Our detainees would beg us not to turn them over to the Iraqi police, because they knew that they would be tortured and chained to a wall somewhere until they either confessed or the MOJ caught up with the caseload, which was backlogged for a decade or so. Even the detainees we released didn't want to leave, because the IP would be a block away waiting to rearrest all of them.

That said, no system is perfect. There are innocent men in Gitmo, and there are innocent men in probably every prison in the US. More are guilty than not, but they're all better off where they are than getting turned over to their home nations to be hung.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It sounded fake, and when I read the word “our government has let us down” the guy wasn’t America. So why would he say OUR government. So I goggled his name and it appears he was released alive

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is long past the time to either charge the people being held with a crime and give them a trial or let them go home.

There is no use in holding them any longer. They can only provide outdated information after being locked up for all these years.

Could you imagine the outrage if there was a prision somewhere in the world holding Americans for several years without charges?

It is shameful that we have locked these people up for so long without being convicted of a crime.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I agree with you, and it looks like it worked.

From your wiki source, here is a quote:

"After five years of the detention there, three and half of which he spent in solitary confinement, he was released, with no charges against him, to Saudi Arabia in 2007."

So it looks like he didn't commit suicide after all?

I am in no way saying I am not capable of feeling sympathy and love for innocent mistreated humans, (which is my greatest hate), I am simply pointing out facts that contradict each other.

Was he released due to a successful tactic taught to him during training?

Or was he a genuinely good soul not deserving of any of torture?

Only the creator knows the truth, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by December_Rain

Why kill yourself when you have a daughter waiting for you? That part I don't get.

What if you are being tortured with no end in site? Year after year...
There are all kinds of torture...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hoax, he's not dead..........however it was a nice try . For those not interested in Wiki as a reliable source, how about his countries papers? 2nd link.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.gulf-daily-news.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The first step is to end the fed because that is what has been feeding the monster all these years. that and fractional reserve banking. Read The Creature From Jekyll Island for an eye opening explanation of how the US had been bilked almost to death by the ptb. who are only the ptb because they robbed us of so much money. Our Constitution did not allow a central bank and it did not allow an income tax. The income tax was never legally ratified, it was declared ratified but enough states didn't actually ratify it. The public has been bilked over and over and mugged over and over and now they have made us into Nazis

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This was very moving to read. Thank you for posting this find.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yet another hoax

Yhen will they ever learn that we can check almost any story with the internet.

They even miss-spelled his name to make it harder.
This miss spelling is a dead giveaway that the letter is false
Who would miss-spell there own name on there Suicide Note.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Unfortunately, here on ATS, it will still get about a million stars and flags, regardless if it's a hoax or not.

So much for "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Consider the OP. Just another anti american star and flag fest, doesn't have to be true, just has to fire people up. Typical that people don't investigate at all, this was so easy to disprove, yet people don't even check out the links, they just blindly blather on about supposed atrocities.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
This is a suicide note from a prisoner(now deceased) of Guantnamo Bay. It provides a unique glimpse into what was in the mind of the person caught in this 'War on Terror'.

i have a question.. as i know the prisoners are not allowed to read books, write on paper and so on.. how come? i mean the only way he could done this is either use toothbrush or something other in his cell.. which is unlikely ! fake!

[edit on 28-1-2010 by 2Unknown]

[edit on 28-1-2010 by 2Unknown]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Freeking terrorist bs.
Oh let's pull emotional heart strings to try to drum up some sympathy for these muslims who are killers. Most of them went back to their homeland of Islam and returned to killing. The people they killed didn't have an opportunity to write letters to their families and express their feelings.

Muslims looking for sympathy will get none of mine.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see if this is properly labeled a hoax and moved accordingly. I doubt it, but one can hope.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A hoax? Like the hoax that muslims are discriminated against in the US? Like taqiyya which is recommended by the Koran to kill non-muslims?
Like the verses telling jihadis to lay in wait and then behead their enemies? Like Daniel Pearl and Nick Berg?
I'm really sick of Islam.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
wow that is very depressing to read. Good find, thanks for exposing this to us.

Now for real guys, this guy deserved a trial.

Prisoners of war have rights too, human rights.

His death will not be in vain however, because people like me will ALWAYS demand a FAIR trial no matter who the accused is, because without a trial we could have imprisoned a innocent man.

He deserved a chance to defend himself. And if he was found guilty of some crime or another, legitimately in a open courtroom, than it would be fair to keep him locked up.

The Nazi's got a trial at Nuremberg, and they were the worst of the worst. This guy certainly deserved one too...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

unfortunately there is no declaration of war... these militant groups that we face are not national entities governed by the rules of war... its the perfect corparate facist war that smedley butler warned us about and participated in..

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I doubt that the prisoners in Guantanamo are treated well and not tortured. More doubts about the reasons why most of them are imprisoned. In fact they are in Guantanamo, not to be under US laws. Or at least to have this excuse.

Just read about a lot of Americans in his thread, who want to believe that their concentrations camps, are not concentrations camps.

Same like in Nazi Germany.

The letter is true or faked? Does it matter? The American nation should ask a lot more question about what is going on there and why.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by C64Warrior
I doubt that the prisoners in Guantanamo are treated well and not tortured. More doubts about the reasons why most of them are imprisoned. In fact they are in Guantanamo, not to be under US laws. Or at least to have this excuse.

Just read about a lot of Americans in his thread, who want to believe that their concentrations camps, are not concentrations camps.

Same like in Nazi Germany.

The letter is true or faked? Does it matter? The American nation should ask a lot more question about what is going on there and why.

Actually, yes it does matter. The false premise of this thread is that this is a genuine suicide note from someone who commited suicide. If it's not true, which it's not, than the whole thread is false and just another pathetic star and flag fest.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yup, just labeled and moved....thank you moderators. I can't believe the number of people who fall for this stuff with no investigation.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Yup, just labeled and moved....thank you moderators. I can't believe the number of people who fall for this stuff with no investigation.

Very true, when a simple google search found that it was not a suicide note, either the OP did not bother searching, or searched, found it was not and just posted it anyway?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join