It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With ATS Mal-ware Popups?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Over the past couple of days everytime I click on a different thread on ATS a popup will appear regarding various things like Ipods, Cell phones, Ringtones, Cars, etc. but it installs malware on the computer.

I've ran a few antiviruses and removed all the spyware and malware, but then again when I go to ATS and click on the different threads the same thing starts happening.

I also used a computer at the library and the same thing happens there as well, so it's not just me.

ATS needs to control that crap. I expect it from phishing adult websites, but a conspiracy website? Come on...

ATS wants to make money with their advertisements, and that's fine, but popups are VERY annoying!

Anyone else seeing this?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I caught a Trojan Vundo a few months ago and it freakin drove me crazy, thanks to the members here I was able to work on it for awhile and get it taken care of ...

I also had to update all of my security settings and my browser. You shouldn't have to expect stuff like this on an " official" website.

.... but sometimes money talks.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

What browser do you have, I have firefox with a couple of adblockers and other security addons. Also set my browser settings high so I never get pop ups.

More than likely you have some type of bug. I never even see more than 1 or 2 ads on here anymore. They show up before I sign in.

Some addons you can program them to not show any ads. If a new one shows up you just program it to shut it off.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
ATS takes these things seriously, that's why you have the Malware report form in your member tools..

member tools >> ATS account settings >> Report Malware/Viruses

If you encounter what you believe to be malicious code on an ATS page or delivered by one of our advertising networks, please use this form to give us the details we need to troubleshoot the problem.

Please use this form to report any suspected problems.

Thanks,

Closed.

top topics

join