It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up just before something happens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Morning ATS, i want to ask a question and tell my experience.

I have recently started waking up about 10 seconds before something happens, for example, in my bedroom i have put up a board by the door so the cat doesnt go into the bathrrom and do his business under the bathtub
I woke up at about 2am and about 10 seconds later the board by the bathroom door fell down..

Something similar happened again, i wake up and 10 seconds later the phone will ring.

And last night it happened again, wake up and 10 seconds later the board fell over, or i wake up just before the cat jumps on me.

How is the brain doing this? Im sure its not coicedence, its like the brain knows when something is about to happen so alerts you and wakes you up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ya, this happens to me too.

Most of the time I'll wake up and then like 5 seconds later my dog will come in asking to go outside. Its pretty cool. Or ya, sometimes my phone or alarm will be set to go off in the near future.

I think its an innate sense of precognition that activates unconsciously when there are potentially stressfull situations in the future. ie. my dog getting agitated because she needs to pee. And your door falling down.

I've been working on developing this when I am conscious with some significant success. Not that I can tell you exactly whats going to happen 5 minues from now, but that I can distiguish between the qualities of various from the standpoint of the fork in the road and therefore make intelligent choices about my future. Its not like...do this: future bad! do that: future good! Its more like the colours of the future come to be known. Sometimes a dark navy blue is the right colour.

I don't really think its the brain doing it at all. Maybe it is, but even then, what is the brain?

I hope this helps you!

Tam.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by penkala]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I experience something similar. I dream of something, usually a sound such as the bell ringing or the siren of an ambulance and after a while I hear this sound in the real world. It's crazy cause you can't say that I dreamt of these sounds because they were already sounding in the real world and my brain was just incorporating them into the dreams, because usually they don't happen till after a minute or two...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have something to add to this. I have lived in So. Calif. for a long time.

I can hear earthquakes coming in my sleep. If I'm awake, they catch me off guard like anyone else. I have woke many times to the rumble I hear
coming, shook my partner just as the quake hit.
She is very curious how I keep doing it. "I don't know, I just hear it."

flagged

[edit on 28-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
S&F Haydn, A very interesting subject you got going on here, I put this felling down to heightened awareness during very stressful times, I grew up in this country during the "troubles" were you could feel the windows rattle from big explosions in the city when the "troubles" were at there worst, I just put this down to growing up in an unusual and hectic environment,

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dude same here, i always wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm goes off, or if im nervous that i wont wake up, i suddenly wake up in the night

new topics

top topics

join