It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai's Plan To Pay For Peace In Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Karzai's Plan To Pay For Peace In Afghanistan

Link

The Afghan President is expected to detail exactly how he will persuade Taliban fighters to lay down their arms when he takes part in an international conference in London today.

Hamid Karzai will be meeting the representatives of more than 60 nations at a summit hosted by Gordon Brown.

He will use the opportunity to launch a fresh programme of reconciliation and reintegration.

The centrepiece of his plan revolves around tempting militant foot soldiers to switch sides by offering them land, money, jobs and opportunities as an alternative to war.

The initiative is expected to cost b
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2010 by merkava]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So in simple words karzai and the international forces have failed to defeat the taliban and now they are sugar coating the whole issue to hide their failures.Just goes to show that wars cannot be won with fancy hi-tech weaponry until you have the heart for it.I bet the Russians are laughing their heads thinking 'I told you hahaa'.

We all know taliban=al qaeda and vice versa.I thought the whole idea was to democrize afghanistan and get rid of every extremist element that poses a threat to the West.I guess that isn't the case anymore and countries like Pakistan who have faced the brunt of terrorism and secterian violence have paid a very heavy price for no reason.

Link
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2010 by merkava]

new topics

join